What Games Are You Playing?

Mutsumi said:
I completed it today & now I'm getting all the secrets. Some of them are really hard to find, but I will not use any guides for it.

If you mean the Riddles, keep in mind once you find the riddlers maps things become much easier.

Arbalest said:
Mutsumi said:
I completed it today & now I'm getting all the secrets. Some of them are really hard to find, but I will not use any guides for it.

If you mean the Riddles, keep in mind once you find the riddlers maps things become much easier.

Of course, but those ones where you have to line up the question mark & scan/snapshot it are still bastards. Also the last joker teeth in some of the outdoor areas.....grrrr

Arbalest said:
I'm only about 40% complete apparently, but i have been playing it a hell of a lot >.>
Is it a long game compared to others then? I can't comment since I rarely complete games but I thought the story went on forever. In a good way.

Also, I haven't played it for a bit, but still occasionally playing it here and there for the riddles. I don't care for The Joker on Challenge Mode. Either, I haven't played as him much so I suck as him - or he just sucks. Damn human, get a suit... then you'll survive a gunshot.

It is not RPG-long but it is a good length game. It is probably a lot shorter on replay because you'll know what to do & where to go, but when you have to figure out everything the first time it feels long in a good way. One of the best made games in a very long time in my opinion, as the attention to detail & the amount of things there are to notice is astounding.

finished arkham asylum last week so currently playing a mixutre

ps3 - call of duty waw -mainly zombies with friends-, wipeout HD/fury

xb360 - tales of vesperia -mainly-, prototpye -still i can't do 1 stupid mission-, star ocean TLH

ds - broken sword shadow of the templars directores cut and secret files: tunguska -got to love point and click-

psp - final playing dissidia now that it has finaly turned up today

ps2 - shadow of the Collosus

At ze moment I'm playing Tales of Vesperia (which I WILL finish one of these days) and Luminous Arc 2.

LA2 is a curious one. Like the first Luminous Arc, it's an undistinguished strategy RPG in almost every area. The story is the usual "save the world from a megalomaniac" nonsense and the characters are a parade of stereotypes. Even the combat is nothing special. The only unique feature of the series, and presumably the only reason anyone bothers, is the abundance of cute/sexy witches.

Still playing Batman: Arkham Asylum, mainly the challenge modes though, as i completed the story and all the Riddlers challenges. I'm even tempted to play through it again, it's that damn good.

Mutsumi said:
Aya-Kun said:

Shadow of the Colossus in an awesome game. Are you replaying it? If so give hard mode a try; you can unlock the harpoon weapon by doing time trials after you beat hard mode.

More of a replay of it but acually going to finish it this time lol. I didn't finish it when i first started it i got stuck on one stupid colossus and couldn't get past it hopefully this time i will be about to

Aya-Kun said:
Mutsumi said:
Aya-Kun said:

Shadow of the Colossus in an awesome game. Are you replaying it? If so give hard mode a try; you can unlock the harpoon weapon by doing time trials after you beat hard mode.

More of a replay of it but acually going to finish it this time lol. I didn't finish it when i first started it i got stuck on one stupid colossus and couldn't get past it hopefully this time i will be about to

Which colossus? Also did you know you can grab onto the doves that fly about near the girl? They fly you about briefly before your weight drags them down. Also you can kill them.

Mutsumi said:
Aya-Kun said:
Mutsumi said:
Aya-Kun said:

Which colossus? Also did you know you can grab onto the doves that fly about near the girl? They fly you about briefly before your weight drags them down. Also you can kill them.

Hehe no i didn't know that you could do that ill remember when i play it next =)

hmm not sure which number it was, it was the one with the water that shots out of the ground and you need to get him on his back legs so the later jet pushes him over, i had the idea of how to do it but it just never worked when ever i tried it

Ahhh, the giant tortoise one. :D You shoot the soles of the feet that are still on the ground to make it roll over when the geyser has it pushed up. Then you climb up its belly onto its back & run & stabby the head.

Started Banjo: Nuts & Bolts last night but by this morning it had bored the **** out of me. And I don't think I can be arsed with vehicle building.

Currently trying to decide whether it's worth buying Secret of Monkey Island, which is half price on Steam this week. That's £3.49 for those not in the know. Also, the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island is free until 8am tomorrow morning.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Currently trying to decide whether it's worth buying Secret of Monkey Island, which is half price on Steam this week. That's £3.49 for those not in the know. Also, the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island is free until 8am tomorrow morning.
Go on, do it, that's an absolute bargain. You know you want to tell people they fight like dairy farmers.

I'm attempting to get back into Chrono Cross in order to beat it. It's kind of bored me so far, though I did come across this beaut of a translation:

--------

Just now, I chucked in Chrono Cross. I can't remember why I dropped it after 40 hours (or much of anything, in truth) and felt like giving it a second chance.

After rushing through the opening dream area, Serge gets woke up by his mom. I went down and talked to her. This is what she had to say to her darling son:

"Weren't you supposed to meet Leena this morning? Hurry along and go apologize to her. Don't expect me to stick up for you if Leena blows you off... You wouldn't want that, right?"

Serge: "She'd never do that!"

"My, aren't we confident? IF ONLY YOU COULD KEEP IT UP."

^ Word for word, that's what she said. This proves the lead of CC is a mute with erecticle disfunction.

I think I'm going to play long and hard with this game on my second attempt.

Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.

FM-Towns edition, with 256 colours and CD quality audio. Yeah. Another opportunity to listen to the awesome theme tune:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNR7rFx7Cqo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNR7rFx7Cqo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's been so long I forgot several things, like the fact that I needed breadcrumbs to lure a bird, which caused me to have to fly Zak back to San Francisco from Mexico at substantial cost - apparently he couldn't make breadcrumbs any other way than by sticking the bread in the waste disposal unit in his kitchen sink. Infuriating as it can be, I still think being able to make uncorrectable and / or fatal mistakes is the hallmark of a real adventure game.

Back