What Games Are You Playing?

Yeah, the final case of Justice For All is ridiculously epic. That, along with Rise From the Ashes, is definitely my favourite so far, even though the presence of Oldbag sours the experience a bit. Lawd, I hate that bitch.

The final cases in Phoenix Wright games always deliver, so I have high hopes for this final, final case.

Yeah, Oldbag pisses me off - I think she might even be in Ace Attorney Investigations too. =\
That case wont disapoint you, that much I can promise. It wraps everything up with epic twists.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I think I've enjoyed Trials and Tribulations a little more than Justice For All, mainly because the circus case in JFA was too far-fetched and that bastard laughing clown was annoying. I do own Apollo Justice but probably won't be playing it for a while.

Man. It took me about a 3-4 month break before I got the willpower to finish the Circus case :lol:

Completed Mass effect PC, Great story telling, and well done animation. A solid title.

Also completed all the extra bits for Valkyria on the PS3.

Now on Witcher EE on the PC.

Gears of War 2, me and this other guy I played with online (American, no one I know IRL likes GoW/Halo, they're all CoD heads) completed the first one on all difficulties which was fun and frustrating, which sums of some of the things in GoW2 as well. I enjoy it, but acknowledge it as typical American plotline... actually, naw. If Gears of War 2 was an anime, it'd be done by BONES, so many concepts and ideas and nothing is hardly explained. It's a nice ride, online play is great fun once you actually GET into a game, but the shotgun is so over-powered it makes me rage hard.

Been playing a lot of Gears 2 recently aswell, smoke grenades are so much better now. Just hit 50 aswell.

Got a TMNT 1989 session lined up for tonight with some pals.

Aaron said:
UFC 2009. Currently sucking at the Classic Fights. Win by decision? Oops...knocked him out in round 2!

Rules though.
Got the Demo for that, but I serious dont get the KO rules... One time, I lasted a murderous battle against "ICEMAN" and then he beat me. The next fight, I punched 3 times and he was out like a light! WTF DESU?!

I need to buy the game, just to find out the rules... lmao.

Spyro201 said:
This game is really confusing me so i've dropped it :lol:

Hmm i'm in the first town, and it seems fairly simple atm, extort as much as you like money and shag anything you can...

CitizenGeek said:
Back playing FFIX now. About 10 hours in (just about to enter Burmecia palace). This game is awesome! :]
It's the last PSX generation final fantasy I havn't played/owned/completed/whatever, and I've kind of been holding off buying it because it's described as a return to the roots of the series, and to be honest, I prefer VI, VII, VIII, to say, III, IV, V. Do you think that someone who leans towards the second kind of final fantasy could find enjoyment in FFIX too?

iisan said:
It's the last PSX generation final fantasy I havn't played/owned/completed/whatever
That better be a Tactics in your pocket, or else I won't be pleased to see you.
iisan said:
and I've kind of been holding off buying it because it's described as a return to the roots of the series, and to be honest, I prefer VI, VII, VIII, to say, III, IV, V. Do you think that someone who leans towards the second kind of final fantasy could find enjoyment in FFIX too?
They're talking more about the medieval theme and the inclusion of nods to classic player-classes and the proper reinstating of other series-hallmarks like Moogles... Actually, whilst I was going to defend the game's similarities to the Playstation One FFs in general composition and complexity, I may as well just point out that anything with Moogles in it is indisputably brilliant and must be purchase by whatever means necessary.

iisan said:
It's the last PSX generation final fantasy I havn't played/owned/completed/whatever, and I've kind of been holding off buying it because it's described as a return to the roots of the series, and to be honest, I prefer VI, VII, VIII, to say, III, IV, V. Do you think that someone who leans towards the second kind of final fantasy could find enjoyment in FFIX too?

I prefer the modern (which I'll define here as IV to XII as you seemingly have done too) Final Fantasies too, but I'm loving FFIX despite it's lack of sci-fi or steampunk themes. The plot is a lot more childish than the other modern FFs (at least so far) but I really don't have a problem with that as the story is still hugely engaging and the characters are uniformly interesting (even Quina!). Battling in FFIX is also a great improvement over it's immediate predecessor, though it's a pain that you don't get exp. for killing bosses :p

So, FFIX is absolutely worthwhile irrespect of whether you liked the first 5 FFs or not :]

kupocake said:
I may as well just point out that anything with Moogles in it is indisputably brilliant and must be purchase by whatever means necessary.

Alas, we now know why you hate Advent Children so; no Moogles :p

CitizenGeek said:
Alas, we now know why you hate Advent Children so; no Moogles :p
If it supports your theory, there's a girl in a few of the idle standing around scenes who carries a Moogle doll by its arm, and I was known to smile inanely at about that time. Thoughts of 'geez that crowd sways a lot' and 'who are these people and why should I care?' coincided roughly with cuts away from the doll.

Back