What Games Are You Playing?

I finished Portal this morning and it's absolutely an amazing game. Easily the funniest game I've ever played, too! Valve are fast becoming one of my favourite developers!

Been power leveling like crazy on FF:IV DS after leaving it for a few days, just so I could destroy the next few bosses easily, which I did. Now I have Edge and will soon enough go and fight Rubicante, the game is great, it's been AGES since I played the original.

I'm playing Half-Life 2: Epiosde Two right now and it's great; definitely better than Episode One. However, I'm disappointed that the the game gets all laggy and slow whenever I look in the direction of the citadel. It kind of marrs the whole experience :/

I don't play games very much any more due to a lack of interest, but I have put a few hours into GoW1 after picking up the GoW2 SE for cheap. It's a pretty good game; very well designed and fun to play/slaughter. It's just a shame I'm going through it kinda slow as a result of me seemingly being unable to play it for more an hour at a time.

Before starting GoW1, I did put 4-5 hours into WA4, ending up dropping it quickly. Terrible story, terrible dialogue, terrible characters.

Mass Effect, finally got around to buying the Bring Down the Sky pack (only 300 MSP) and got back round to running my renegade character...it's refreshingly different....and about as far from what I'm comfortable with as possible.

The Force Unleashed, late birthday present from my brother I didn't pay for it anyway even if it has been said to be short [which it is, on the final mission right now]. Good game, nothing amazing but it's worth at least playing, especially if you're a fan of Star Wars. Fighting Shaak Ti pained me, she's one of my favourite Jedi Knights.

Recently started playing Fable in preparation for Fable II. No grinding makes me a happy chappy. However, being surrounded and attacked relentlessly is very annoying, so I die a lot.

Lupus Inu said:
The Force Unleashed, late birthday present from my brother I didn't pay for it anyway even if it has been said to be short [which it is, on the final mission right now]. Good game, nothing amazing but it's worth at least playing, especially if you're a fan of Star Wars. Fighting Shaak Ti pained me, she's one of my favourite Jedi Knights.

aye it is a good game

well sept for the bugs

I gave Growlanser Generations a go after it arrived yesterday, playing Growlanser II. For a title that isn't very well known, it's a bloody good SRPG, helped a lot by Working Designs translation and voice acting efforts. The combat is refreshing for a SRPG; you order your units around gridless maps and take on enemies as they come close to you.

The only reason I stopped yesterday was death. The game started to get more difficult, I started to get a little annoyed and I decided to have a break. I'll have another go a bit later on.

Checking out some of the latest PSN demo's:

- Pure [Pretty awesome. Probably won't get it, no need for another Motorstorm]
- NBA Live '09 [EA loves these sports games, but NBA ones are usually decent, and this is]
- Fifa Street/Fifa '09 [Not bothered about these]
- NHL '09 [Haven't played]
- Soul Calibur IV [Went in, expected what I got. No reason to get it.]
- Fracture [It looked alright at the E3, Nothing spectacular. It plays pretty much the same as it looks.]

...I'm waiting for Bioshock to be put on soon. Never played that, and it looks like a actual good FPS. Now, I'm wondering how many upcoming games they are going to stick on the PSN (I want a Sonic Unleashed demo). This Fall/Xmas is a good one for games, I have to say! I'm quids out.

I finally beat Belias in FF Tactics yesterday and I've fallen back in love with the game. The music and script is really, really beautiful :]

Also, I downloaded the God of War demo for my PSP last night. It was great; hard to believe it ran so smoothly on PSP, too. I don't like the new dodging system, but I'd probably get used to it. I loved God of War on PS2, so Chains of Olympus and GoW2 are high up on my most wanted list.

Jayme said:
...I'm waiting for Bioshock to be put on soon. Never played that, and it looks like a actual good FPS.

BioShock looks incredible! I bought the LE tin case on PC for €20, but it won't run on my computer :/ I'll probably never sell it, either, because it's just too pretty as a case and I might one day have a PC good enough for it. Though I suspect I'll probably just end up playing it on PS3 whenever I get one (which will probably be when FFXIII comes out).

Completed Force Unleashed, went with the good ending which is canon, etc. Good game but very short.

I started playing Lost Planet online, to think I used to be crappy when I first signed in on Lost Planet now I'm pretty good, first time I played some funky map which was DLC last night called "Lost Technology" was very much like a classic Mario game.

Also started Kane & Lynch last night on co-op isn't as bad as most people made out, I dunno what the hell is the deal with the story though, one minute I'm going to get a briefcase off some Japanese guy and the next I'm reinacting revenge... wut?

Just got me N64 from home to the flat, so its retro-ish gaming for me, with the extremely awesome Conkers Bad Fur Day, the way it should be, not the mediocre remake. OoT with me as well and Mario Kart 64, and whatever others they took up for me. Also been working on Okami again as of late, stunning game, can't get enough of it.

been gaming ALOT lately and hardly practically no anime or manga.
been playing the Dreamcast.....awsome Project Justice....
playing Rogue Galaxy on the ps2....
playing numerous games on the DS....Megaman ZX, Megaman ZX Advent, Megaman starforce, touch detective 1&2...and tons more i am forgetting! lol

Lair - 8/10

really good graphics, the story is in depth, moderate difficulty. flying system puts the sixaxis to full potential.
only problem is the battle system has a major flaw. there's a battle type where your dragon and another dragon are flying next to each other and your meant to bash the other dragon by flickering the controller to the left...except thats where the sixasis goes crazy and the slightest movement of the controller sends you flying from one side to the other. and its not a problem with the controller (have tested the game with all 3 controllers and each had the same problem with that battle system)

Back