What Games Are You Playing?

I finished Death Stranding Directors Cut the other day. The ending really dragged on, but overall it was a good experience. I'm gonna keep it installed because I would like to get all the achivements at some point. Sometimes I just wanna chill and deliver some cargo. Good turn off brain simulator.

Next game was The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings but it crashed on me already and I had to hard reset my computer. If it does it to me again I'll probably have to drop it, but I've taken some measures to help the game in not wanting to crash so hopefully it will behave.
I've had this game sitting in my library since 2016... I played the first game yonks ago but just, y'know, never continued 😅 Hopefully I can get through it. I have Wild Hunt too that I would love to get round to some day as well. Big fan of The Witcher series. I own and read all the books so it's about time I get through the games.

I finished Death Stranding Directors Cut the other day. The ending really dragged on, but overall it was a good experience. I'm gonna keep it installed because I would like to get all the achivements at some point. Sometimes I just wanna chill and deliver some cargo. Good turn off brain simulator.
I really enjoyed the first 30 hours of Death Stranding, but it lost some of its uniqueness once it handed me an assault rifle. Making it possible to solve problems by shooting them in the face like every other AAA game was a bad move, IMO. And you're not kidding about the end dragging; I think it clocked in at three hours.

Finally finished Anno: Mutationem after picking away at it for months. Pretty cool. It's one of those indie titles that's more ambitious than polished but the core combat is responsive and snappy, the combination of pixel art characters with 3-D environments looks great and the main duo's adventure goes to some really interesting cyberpunk/sci-fi places. Even if you can tell what anime inspired them within 10 minutes. Definitely excited for whatever the team's next project is.

I also beat Dark Souls 3 today. It's the first Souls game I've beaten, it felt similar to Star Wars Fallen Order and both Nioh games so the learning curve was simple. It's appreciated that the game gives you lots of upgrade materials early on so you can experiment more easily. Unfortunately upgrading my starting axe twice makes it outclass all the strength weapons I discovered. So by the time my stats were high enough to use other, cooler things they were all outclassed. DaS1 did a better job of providing different weapons early and giving you some solid direction. Early DaS3 is just waking north until something happens and only gets interesting towards the end. Still you can make progress at a steady rate and even though there's a lot of weirdly unfinished or recut stuff on the critical path it's a solid experience. Will play something else until moving on to Elden Ring.

I also beat Dark Souls 3 today. It's the first Souls game I've beaten

I have a friend who is working through all of them at the moment!

Personally I have only completed Sekiro from the franchise, but I can highly recommend it, very fast paced combat with more of a focus on parrying than rolling about.

Elden Ring looks interesting and I'm sure I'll get around to playing it sometime myself but not in a rush :)

For February I tried to tackle one game but decided to call it off, and eventually I played two shorter games along the way.

#2 - Wing of Darkness (PlayStation 4)
Acquired: May 2022

Wing of Darkness is a low budget action mecha game where you fly around taking down targets that appear on the screen. Gameplay wise it's pretty fun as you can fly around and lock onto targets around you. It is a pretty short experience with only six missions and the task is pretty simplistic. The cutscenes are basically still images rather than in motion despite them using in-game character models so there's a missed opportunity there but you can tell they just didn't have the budget to improve upon that.

You have three types of weapons that you can use - a primary, secondary and tertiary - these range from regular assault weapons, to shotgun type weapons and weapons that can select a few close-targets to shoot all of them at once. Each of them have their perks and while there's no sword weapons like Gundam would have, it does the job fairly well. The enemy types are slim and there's a range of difficulties that you can use to make the game more challenging.

That said, the biggest issue that I have with this game is its camera positioning. The camera is set way too close to your character so when the enemies keep going around you in circles, it can cause problems. For me personally, the way that the camera had been designed resulted in me getting motion sickness because you had to keep spinning around to get the target from Mission 4 onwards and it wasn't a fun experience in all honestly. So yeah if you easily get motion sickness, I do not recommend playing this game at all.

That said, the game is short at about a few hours playtime and about 6 hours total playtime for the Platinum trophy. The trophies are also pretty easy, with one or two taking a while due to how many enemies and bullet rounds you need to use up.

#3 - Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (PlayStation 5)
Acquired: July 2022

Finally I can now own and play a proper Super Monkey Ball game. I've always wanted to play the mainline games for years and all I've played prior had been the spin-offs which used portable specific features which I felt wasn't the true experience. Seeing SEGA decide to remaster/remake Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2 and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe all into one big collection is greatly appreciated. And don't forget - this franchise was directed & produced by Toshihiro Nagoshi, aka the guy who helped create the Ryu ga Gotoku (Like a Dragon) series and let alone, this collection was developed by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio.

This game is massive. You have a bunch of modes available and you have tons of stages to tackle. The general concept of Super Monkey Ball is that your aim is to reach the goal within 60 seconds and if possible collect the bananas that are spread throughout the stage. The stage can vary from simple straightforward layouts all the way to the ridiculous and complex **** you will ever see. This game will be hard when it wants to, so I don't blame anyone for giving up half-way through.

I started off with the Story Mode which has 10 worlds with 10 stages each. The first half was a breeze but the challenge comes in around the half-way point and it is not easy at times, because you're also dealing with precision to navigate a tight path and moments where you could lose your balance and fall off due to the path moving about side-ways in all angles. That said, it is very rewarding when you do manage to beat a stage.

One thing that I have noticed with this game is that there is no harm dying multiple times, as you basically have infinite lives all across the game, which I recall was not a thing in the previous instalments. Either way, the fact that you have multiple chances makes the game way more tolerable and room to breathe during tough stages. Missions are also available for completing a stage or doing something at a faster pace, and the bananas you collect will provide points which do carry over if you die in a stage and had to start over. Those points can be used to purchase more modes, more characters and customisation. Speaking of characters, you can also play as Sonic the Hedgehog, Kiryu Kazuma from Like a Dragon, and Beat from Jet Set Radio.

In addition to the Story Mode, you also have Challenge modes available with stages from each game compiled together so you can tackle them from Casual all the way to the hardest difficulty. I personally only focused on Casual and Normal as I know that the harder difficulties will be painful. There's also multiplayer modes available but I didn't touch them as I have no one to play with for that.

Overall I found Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania to be a fun game and very challenging with some of its stages. While this isn't a 100% completion run it's at least sorted for the story mode and two of the difficulty challenges for SMB and SMB2 stages.

Here's some additional highlights:

#Bonus - Nioh Remastered... again (PlayStation 5)
Acquired: February 2022.

When I last brought up this game, I stated that I wanted to revisit and go through the additional content because it is referenced in Nioh 2 and the content wraps up the story for the base game. After spending 30 hours, I decided that I was getting nowhere and the fun can only last very long. I did manage to finish the first mission for Dragon of the North, but with the way that the developers have designed the additional content, it just wasn't as rewarding as I had experienced. The plus side is that I tried out a different weapon which was pretty cool and what I did play of the new content was great, but as a whole I am disappointed that it was a pretty strict entry-level for those who just want to go straight into the additional content rather than spend hundreds of hours just to reach the same wavelength as the bosses.

As such I watched the story cutscenes via YouTube, and will go straight into Nioh 2 later on. Nioh is still a fantastic game don't get me wrong, but I personally think Koei Tecmo dropped the ball on how they handled the additional content in terms of entry-level.

FoUKaLiXgAokbYb

#Bonus - Theatrhythm Final Bar Line Demo (PlayStation 4)
Demo Downloaded: February 2023.

With this just recently came out I wanted to check out the demo that Square Enix released which is actually part of the final game and will allow you to carry over the save data which is cool. My first experience with this franchise was once again a demo but for the original on the Nintendo 3DS and I had always been interested in checking out this franchise properly but I never had the chance. So finding out that it's coming to consoles was a nice surprise, especially with the ton of songs that came included.

So the gameplay plays similarly to Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory where any button will count as a hit on the icon that pops up, and alongside that you will also need to use the thumb sticks to go with the correct arrow position that's presented on the screen or to move the icon up or down if the path goes into a zig-zag type of rhythm beat which is pretty cool and easier than it looks. The game also uses an RPG setup so you can pick your characters, level them up, add abilities and items and fight enemies and bosses when you play through each song.

The demo provided content from Final Fantasy II, V, VII, XIII, XIV, and XV and I liked what was shown so far. I did think about getting this on the Nintendo Switch but the demo convinced me that it does work really well on PlayStation 4 and so I'll be getting the game through that.

FqAi5iJXoAUDS9A

#Bonus - HUMANITY Demo (PlayStation 4)

Re-announced at the latest State of Play direct, HUMANITY is a puzzle game published by the folks who released Rez Infinite, Lumines Remastered and Tetris Effect. The demo is only available for a limited time and I wanted to check it out because it gave me a classic PlayStation 1 vibe with its direction and the trailer also reminded me of The End of Evangelion.

HUMANITY is about you controlling a dog that guides humans to the end goal, and along the way you can collect tall gold people who will also walk alongside humans to the end if you make sure they don't fall off the edge. You guide humanity with actions like telling them to go to a specific direction, jump high, or allow them to glide after jumping to reach far distances.

FqAkVFGXsAYe5h6

Humans will go straight regardless so you will end up with them essentially going off the cliff but there's no game over if that happens. Along the way you also have rival humans who want to get your tall gold person which in some stages is needed to finish the level, while others has a specific rule where you need to map out your directions before you can start the level which is pretty cool.

Overall I really like what HUMANITY provides and to see it's like a mix between The Last Guy with its crowd-leading mechanic and I.Q.: Intelligent Qube for its block design and perhaps Pikmin too. The game also supports custom maps and will have support for both PlayStation VR and VR2 for those interested in that.

My backlog so far:
#​
PC/Steam Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyTurn-Based RPG
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SCTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation 3 Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
3D Dot Game HeroesAction RPG
2​
Castlevania: Lords of ShadowAction, Hack n Slash
3​
CatherinePuzzle
4​
Drakengard 3Action RPG
5​
Eternal SonataTurn-Based RPG
6​
FolkloreAction RPG
7​
inFAMOUSAction
8​
inFAMOUS 2Action
9​
Katamari ForeverPuzzle
10​
PuppeteerPlatformer
11​
Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeAction, Platformer
12​
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the OverlordTactical RPG, Visual Novel
13​
Way of the Samurai 4Action
#​
PlayStation 4 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
13 Sentinels: Aegis RimTactical RPG, Visual Novel
2​
AI: The Somnium FilesAdventure, Visual Novel
3​
Black Clover: Quartet KnightsAction, Fighting
4​
Bullet Girls PhantasiaAction, Shooter
5​
The Caligula Effect: OverdoseTurn-Based RPG
6​
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New ChampionsSports
7​
Catherine Full BodyPuzzle
8​
Chaos;ChildVisual Novel
9​
Conception Plus: Maidens of the Twelve StarsTurn-Based RPG
10​
CRYSTARAction RPG
11​
Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses OnlineAction RPG
12​
Danganronpa 1 ReloadVisual Novel
13​
Danganronpa 2 ReloadVisual Novel
14​
Danganronpa V3: Killing HarmonyVisual Novel
15​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 1: Rinne UtopiaVisual Novel, Dating Sim
16​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 2: Ars InstallVisual Novel, Dating Sim
17​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 3: Twin Edition: Rio ReincarnationVisual Novel, Dating Sim
18​
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's MemoryTurn-Based RPG
19​
Disaster Report 4: Summer MemoriesAdventure, Simulation
20​
Dragon Quest Heroes IIAction RPG, Musou
21​
Dragon's Crown ProAction RPG
22​
Fairy TailTurn-Based RPG
23​
Fate/Extella LinkMusou
24​
Final Fantasy VIII RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
25​
Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares WinTactical RPG
26​
Gal*Gun 2On-Rails Shooter
27​
Gintama RumbleAction, Musou
28​
GOD EATER 3Action Hunter RPG
29​
Gravity Rush 2Action, Platformer
30​
The Great Ace Attorney: AdventuresVisual Novel
31​
The Great Ace Attorney 2: ResolveVisual Novel
32​
Gundam Breaker 3 BREAK EDITIONAction, Arcade
33​
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite CombateAction RPG
34​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of HeavenFighting
35​
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of FujisawaPuzzle, Visual Novel
36​
LangrisserTactical RPG
37​
Langrisser IITactical RPG
38​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold SteelTurn-Based RPG
39​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IITurn-Based RPG
40​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIITurn-Based RPG
41​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IVTurn-Based RPG
42​
Legend of ManaAction RPG
43​
Megadimension Neptunia VIITurn-Based RPG
44​
Megadimension Neptunia VIIRTurn-Based RPG
45​
MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINAFighting
46​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja StormAction, Fighting
47​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2Action, Fighting
48​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3Action, Fighting
49​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road to BorutoAction, Fighting
50​
NEO: The World Ends With YouAction RPG
51​
Neptunia Virtual StarsAction
52​
Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja WarsAction
53​
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
54​
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant KingdomAction RPG
55​
Nights of AzureAction RPG
56​
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New MoonAction RPG
57​
One Piece Burning BloodFighting
58​
One Piece Unlimited World RedAction
59​
One Piece World SeekerAction
60​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3Musou
61​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4Musou
62​
Our World Is EndedVisual Novel
63​
Persona 5 RoyalTurn-Based RPG
64​
Persona 5 StrikersAction RPG, Musou
65​
Phoenix Wright: Ace AttorneyVisual Novel
66​
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for AllVisual Novel
67​
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and TribulationsVisual Novel
68​
Punch LineVisual Novel
69​
Raging LoopVisual Novel
70​
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Prophecy of the ThroneVisual Novel
71​
Resident Evil 6Action Horror
72​
Resident Evil: RevelationsAction Horror
73​
Resident Evil: Revelations 2Action Horror
74​
Robotics;Notes DaSHVisual Novel
75​
Robotics;Notes ELITEVisual Novel
76​
SD Gundam G Generation Cross RaysTactical RPG
77​
SD Gundam G Generation GenesisTactical RPG
78​
Secret of ManaAction RPG
79​
Sengoku Basara 4: SumeragiMusou
80​
Senran Kagura Burst Re:NewalAction
81​
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD RemasterTurn-Based RPG
82​
Star Ocean: First Departure RAction RPG
83​
Star Ocean: The Last Hope HD RemasterAction RPG
84​
Steins;Gate EliteVisual Novel
85​
Super Neptunia RPGTurn-Based RPG
86​
Super Robot Wars 30Tactical RPG
87​
Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon DwellersTactical RPG
88​
Super Robot Wars TTactical RPG
89​
Super Robot Wars XTactical RPG
90​
Sword Art Online: Fatal BulletAction RPG
91​
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Sessions!Music, Rhythm
92​
Tales of BerseriaAction RPG
93​
Tales of VesperiaAction RPG
94​
Tales of ZestiriaAction RPG
95​
Tokyo Xanadu eX+Action RPG
96​
Trials of ManaAction RPG
97​
Utawarerumono: Mask of DeceptionTactical RPG, Visual Novel
98​
Utawarerumono: Mask of TruthTactical RPG, Visual Novel
99​
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the FallenTactical RPG, Visual Novel
100​
Utawarerumono: ZanAction, Musou
101​
Valkyria Chronicles 4Tactical RPG
102​
Valkyria RevolutionAction RPG
103​
The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival EditionAction RPG
104​
WORLDEND SYNDROMEVisual Novel
105​
Yakuza 3 RemasteredAction Beat em up
106​
Yakuza 4 RemasteredAction Beat em up
107​
Yakuza 5 RemasteredAction Beat em up
108​
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this WorldVisual Novel
109​
Ys IX: Monstrum NoxAction RPG
#​
PlayStation 5 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII -Reunion-Action RPG
2​
Cyberpunk 2077Action
3​
The DioField ChronicleTactical RPG
4​
DOOM EternalAction, Shooter
5​
JudgmentAction, Beat em up
6​
Lost JudgmentAction, Beat em up
7​
Neptunia ReVerseTurn-Based RPG
8​
Nioh 2Action Souls RPG
9​
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit of Wonder LabyrinthMetroidvania RPG
10​
RelayerTactical RPG
11​
Resident Evil 2Survival Horror
12​
Resident Evil 3Survival Horror
13​
SD Gundam Battle AllianceAction RPG
14​
Star Ocean: The Divine ForceAction RPG
15​
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy OriginAction Souls RPG
16​
Tactics Ogre RebornTactical RPG
17​
Valkyrie ElysiumAction RPG
18​
Yakuza 7: Like a DragonTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation Vita Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Bullet GirlsAction, Shooter
2​
Freedom WarsAction
3​
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black HeartTactical RPG
4​
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action UnleashedAction
5​
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS ZombiesAction, Musou
6​
Muv-LuvVisual Novel, Dating Sim
7​
Muv-Luv AlternativeVisual Novel
8​
Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard GirlsTurn-Based RPG
9​
Valkyrie Drive BhikkhuniAction
#​
Nintendo Switch Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Cytus AlphaMusic, Rhythm
2​
Fire Emblem: Three HousesTactical RPG
3​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from ZeroTurn-Based RPG
4​
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the WildAction RPG
5​
Mario Kart 8 DeluxeRacing
6​
Metroid DreadMetroidvania
7​
New Super Mario Bros U DeluxePlatformer
8​
Senran Kagura Peach BallPinball
9​
Senran Kagura ReflexionsSimulation
10​
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's FuryAction, Platformer
11​
Super Mario GalaxyAction, Platformer
12​
Super Mario SunshineAction, Platformer
13​
Super Smash Bros. UltimateFighting
14​
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive EditionAction RPG
15​
Xenoblade Chronicles 2Action RPG
16​
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden CountryAction RPG

gGNW84cl.png
The 2023 '40' Games Goal:
No.Game
Console​
Acquired​
Genre
1​
Shining Resonance Refrain
PS4​
2018​
Action RPG
2​
Wing of Darkness
PS4​
2022​
Action, Arcade
3​
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
PS4​
2022​
Puzzle

FmtJjLOl.png

Bonus - HUMANITY Demo (PlayStation 4)
The first few levels of that gave me major anxiety until I realised it doesn't follow the same rules as Lemmings. You're supposed to save everyone in Lemmings, but most levels of Humanity treat individuals with the same value as drops of water. Even then it took a while to adjust to the game not caring about thousands of people falling to their deaths.

The first few levels of that gave me major anxiety until I realised it doesn't follow the same rules as Lemmings. You're supposed to save everyone in Lemmings, but most levels of Humanity treat individuals with the same value as drops of water. Even then it took a while to adjust to the game not caring about thousands of people falling to their deaths.
Yeah I had the same kind of feeling, but as I went through the stages (for instance the bridge stage) it was basically impossible to save all of them. That said I am expecting a trophy that makes you try to protect them on all stages lol.

After a very busy week that did not allow me much time to play any games, I've decided to take it a little bit easier this week so I decided to try and finish some of the few PS5 games I have on disk that I haven't finished.
I not long ago finished the base game of Control Ultimate Edition I wasn't really feeling it with this one after a while but the gameplay was pretty good and I've started the AWE expansion and was suprised to see none other than Alan Wake making a cameo.

On the flip side I am very much enjoying playing Fist Forged in Shadow Torch for the same reason that I often enjoy metroidvanias when I get around to playing them; also the setting is pretty cool and I can play as an anthropomorphic rabbit with a giant metal fist... nuff said.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think he was in the promotional material for the dlc. Cool game and I'm excited about the implications for the second game. I played the PS4 version which really didn't run brilliantly.

I've got the UE on PS5 and I wanna do it again eventually, but I just can't find the time with all the stuff coming out.

I'm playing Metroid Prime, Wo Long and I might start Paranormasight today, which looks lovely. I was getting Fatal Frame 4 but I've spent enough already this month, so it'll have to wait.

I'll probably wrap up both pieces of DLC for Control before carrying on with Fist Forged in Shadow Torch; after that I'll have to deal with the fact that I have both Horizon Forbidden West and Scarlet Nexus in my physical game backlog; both of which I could have gotten on PS Plus had I just waited lol.

Haven't posted here for a while but I've been playing a bunch here and there.

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (Switch)

Another great entry in the series with so much content track wise, I still have a lot to do but enjoying it a lot so far.

Like A Dragon: Ishin! (PS5)

I've played a little here and there of the Yakuza / Like A Dragon series but this is my first entry I've played properly despite it being a spin-off. I wish I played this series sooner, everything is right up my ally and this game specifically gives me Gintama vibes which is only a great thing. Not overly far into it yet but I'm having a good time.

Catherine: Full Body (PS4)

Slowly going through this with my GF but I'm loving all the surprises and changes from the original which is a favourite of mine, fan of Rin / Qatherine so far. The P5 Joker DLC is neat as well.

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn (Steam)

My first MMO and this is scarily addicting, it's pulled me in like a real sucker, I'll be playing this for a long time. I can't compare this to other MMO's as I said, this is my first but I'm thoroughly enjoying this and is a great entry in the FF series as well so far IMO.

Resident Evil 4 Remake (Demo) (PS5)

Short but sweet and much more intense and creepy this time round. RE4 is one of my all time favourite games and this remake is doing it justice and then some so far, can't wait for the full game in a few weeks.

@Lucky_Deity Nice list of games in there! I'll definitely get Final Bar Line later on, it looks lovely.

I'll also get Yakuza even if I'm not crazy about the gameplay I tried in the demo. Still, love the series and it's just a matter of time until I get it.

I also enjoyed the new stuff in Catherine Full Body and I still remember how excited I was when Atlus announced the original!

I don't do MMOs neither but all the praise for XIV got to me and I played it all up to the beginning of Shadowbringers. I want to get back to it to finish that and Endwalker before XVI comes out. The fanservice for the saga is remarkable and I've been enjoying the story and characters so far.

And we get to RE. I've played the demo twice so far and even though Leon's weight didn't really please me in the beginning, I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. Like you I think it's incredible how they transformed it into a legitimately scary game, the villagers are intimidating and there are so many of them. I can only imagine Mendez, Salazar's bodyguard and the regenerators.... To think I'll actually tense up playing RE4 lawd I noticed how the great the music is too. So excited. RE4 is one of my favorite games ever.

Sorry, I only commented on your entire list because all of it also interests me lol

I just beat Lu Bu in Wo Long. Hardest boss so far but also the most fun - seems overwhelming the first few times but his moves are actually very well telegraphed.

I'm enjoying it a lot but what's really happening is that I'm getting an itch to go back to Sekiro. They even pulled the Guardian Ape trick but very poorly compared to the original game.

Started Paranormasight and finished the prologue. It's so goooood. The presentation is sweeeet and the concept is so cool. Ghost stories in modern Japan!

And we get to RE. I've played the demo twice so far and even though Leon's weight didn't really please me in the beginning, I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. Like you I think it's incredible how they transformed it into a legitimately scary game, the villagers are intimidating and there are so many of them. I can only imagine Mendez, Salazar's bodyguard and the regenerators.... To think I'll actually tense up playing RE4 lawd I noticed how the great the music is too. So excited. RE4 is one of my favorite games ever.
Just thought I'd mention; beware of spoilers online, if you want to go in blind, as I've read today that some retailers have broken street date.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention; beware of spoilers online, if you want to go in blind, as I've read today that some retailers have broken street date.

Thanks, I actually saw a couple of clips before peacing out - I'm happy I'm not giving into the leak hype because after RE2, this could be really special!

Back