What Games Are You Playing?

Really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the first 2 Corpse Party games Grav :) Out of the 2, I think Blood Covered is my favourite as the atmosphere is a bit more spookier, especially when you play it in the dark with headphones :D I played it without a guide until I got stuck on the last chapter, but I had fun getting the bad ends in that chapter anyway. I imported Book of Shadows from Japan, as I was impatient with the English release, ended up getting 100% on it. I still enjoyed it even with what happens to my favourite character.

Can't wait to see what you think of Blood Drive.

Currently working on my PS3 backlog, and I decided to start on Killzone 2. The single player is a bit shorter than I thought, as judging by the trophies I have almost finished lol. The multiplayer is quite fun and I'm suprised how active it still is. The only disappointing thing is the servers don't work properly, so progress towards unlocking stuff isn't recorded most of the time.

Really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the first 2 Corpse Party games Grav :) Out of the 2, I think Blood Covered is my favourite as the atmosphere is a bit more spookier, especially when you play it in the dark with headphones :D I played it without a guide until I got stuck on the last chapter, but I had fun getting the bad ends in that chapter anyway. I imported Book of Shadows from Japan, as I was impatient with the English release, ended up getting 100% on it. I still enjoyed it even with what happens to my favourite character.

Can't wait to see what you think of Blood Drive.

Cheers, the Book of Shadows game does have its cool ideas like the events of Chapter 4 were pretty good (though a little more background on everyone except Sayaka would have been nice) and also Chapter 7 was pretty interesting. Can't stop hearing Gintoki's voice thanks to the VA of Kizami.

I might try and go after a Platinum for Blood Drive but it depends on how long it'll take in terms of progress.

I started Horizon again myself, but on New Game + and on the hardest difficulty level (for the trophies). The first part of the base game was pretty easy because I'm max level, have all the kit and know the enemies, but the DLC robots handed me my ass so I've hit a bit of a road block.

OOOOHH! So tempting to get into spoilers here. But yes - the Frozen Wilds features some new machines and situations that bring out that feeling of fighting a battle that's heavily weighted, and not in your favour. I was DELIGHTED to see that it was an expansion that had all the same care and attention lavished on it as I saw when I played the game the first time. Even the cinematics are a bit better, with noticeably smoother lip synching and character animation.

I'm definitely going to come back to Horizon and give the New Game + a try. But I think I'll wait a while and see if I can wrangle a new PS4 Pro to play it on later in the year. Been thinking about trading up for a while.

Cheers, the Book of Shadows game does have its cool ideas like the events of Chapter 4 were pretty good (though a little more background on everyone except Sayaka would have been nice) and also Chapter 7 was pretty interesting. Can't stop hearing Gintoki's voice thanks to the VA of Kizami.

I might try and go after a Platinum for Blood Drive but it depends on how long it'll take in terms of progress.

There were definitely loads of cool little twists in Book of Shadow, and chapter 7 was very good.

The platinum trophy for Blood Drive is not too difficult to get, and has a very cool icon too :) Good luck if you do decide to go for it.

There were definitely loads of cool little twists in Book of Shadow, and chapter 7 was very good.

The platinum trophy for Blood Drive is not too difficult to get, and has a very cool icon too :) Good luck if you do decide to go for it.

I started Blood Drive yesterday and got some trophies out of the way (finish a chapter without using the headlight and finish a chapter without getting hit). Bloody hell that moment at the end of Chapter 1 was creepy, made even worse when you go into the closet and it finds you. That right there is NOPENOPENOPE levels of scary.

I started Blood Drive yesterday and got some trophies out of the way (finish a chapter without using the headlight and finish a chapter without getting hit). Bloody hell that moment at the end of Chapter 1 was creepy, made even worse when you go into the closet and it finds you. That right there is NOPENOPENOPE levels of scary.

I remember that bit, that was spooky the only time I felt like that was when I met the Crimson Head in RE1 Remake. That's cool you got those trophies, the rest are easy :)

Put Yakuza 5 on hold to play Super Mario Odyssey. I'm finally making use of the JoyCon straps that came with the console.

Here are the new titles I've completed & started recently:

CPBD1.jpg

Completed Game #08 + Platinum Trophy #40:
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
[PlayStation Vita]
I did it. I finally completed the Corpse Party Heavenly Host Trilogy arc. Blood Drive is the third instalment in the remake series after BloodCovered Repeated Fear and Book of Shadows, and returns to the first game's original gameplay style with a new updated take on the mix. There's quite a lot to say about this one so I'll split it up into paragraphs.

-- Gameplay --
Corpse Party: Blood Drive uses a 3D environment that lets you walk around to each room finding items and more to continue the story and survive the hell you're in, but there are more challenges in your way compared to the other games in the series:
  • 'Darkening': This is now a big deal similarly to the Book of Shadows instalment, however it doesn't have much impact on you so I wouldn't worry about it too much (you can get all of the collectables without getting hit by Darkening if that helps) plus there are 'wooden dolls' around that can remove the effect from you but it's a one-time use.
  • 'Environmental traps': These are placed all-around the place; shards of glass, broken hidden pits and blood intestines that can grab you (which increases the Darkening). For the most part these traps are rather annoying but it's a cool idea on the other hand since it adds to the horror, especially when you have to rely on another gameplay mechanic called...
  • 'Flashlight': The game is pretty dark in terms of vision so the flashlight is here to save the day. Now, despite there are batteries left lying around there is an option for the flashlight to be set so that it doesn't run out of battery. Honestly you're better off using this cheat because the batteries concept will cause more issues than you would expect.
  • 'Phantoms & Pursuers': Oh hey do you like horror games where you are being chased constantly? This game is for you! In the first game you had the ghosts trying to get you in the later parts of the game, imagine that but there are 10x more and they can follow you almost everywhere. This may sound like something that would be pretty concerning especially if you like going at a reasonable pace or a less scared route, but the good news is that it's not as bad as you would think. They mostly spawn if you stand on the blood that's all around the place, and it's really only chapters 4 & 9 where they have to be there. Plus if you are that concerned about them, there are items around called 'Talisman' that will exorcise the phantoms when they touch you. The pursuers on the other are pretty hilarious despite being deadly at the same time and they can't be killed but it's still amusing to watch them try and get you.
-- Story --
Now this is where the game starts to fault at in my opinion. This game's storyline is best described as 'bonkers'. It's hard to explain this because the story is like a rollercoaster that goes from one direction to Final Destination levels of insanity. Like wow I did not expect it to go towards that direction, and the way that it ends is kinda disappointing at the same time. It makes you think to yourself why didn't they just end it with the first game after building it up in Book of Shadows.

There are some positives to the story though with the introduction of the Niwa sisters which are cool and also kawaii in chibi form during gameplay. The first half of the story is also pretty decent and sets the tone pretty well. Select Wrong Ends are also handed very well but the rest were wasted opportunities. Due to the 3D graphics I can understand this, since in case you didn't know Japanese games will end up with a Z rating (ages 18+ & can't sold in-stores) if there are extreme violence displayed so a lot of the Wrong Ends are simply text only and sound without any visuals shown. It's still disappointing to not witness it none-the-less because who wouldn't want bodies ripped apart or exploding? You get decapitation at least.

-- Content --
Blood Drive is split into 11 chapters and 8 extra chapters. The 11 chapters (Prologue + 10 main chapters) are at a good length and take around 10 hours total to complete. Like the previous games, the same mechanics are still there to progress well such as candles to save and you can replay each chapter to get the endings without having to start from scratch. Just a heads up though if you are working on acquiring all endings, in chapter 5 there is a moment where you will be chased and for some reason only 1 of 2 Wrong Ends are counted despite each one being different. Getting beaten up is the Ending that counts while the Closet ending doesn't however it instead gives you a CG which is important for the CG list completion.

The trophies in this game are pretty easy as well and as such I managed to acquire my 40th Platinum trophy. For walkthroughs that include collectables and endings I recommend GameFAQ, now there are some bits which say 'East/West' or 'Left/Right' that are actually the other way around so that's a minor error but you'll figure it out from the rooms it asks you to go into.

-- Overall --
Overall Corpse Party: Blood Drive is once again another hit or miss title but it's worth playing regardless because the gameplay is pretty decent. It's not the best in terms of story but everything else was pretty neat. Now I bought this game physically because I am a game collector so I would recommend you get it digitally instead as it's worth buying during a sale than full price. Oh, and the music is pretty good too especially the opening songs.

My backlog so far:
Nintendo 3DS:
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Tales of the Abyss

PlayStation 3:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Catherine
Dragon's Crown
Drakengard 3
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Far Cry 3
Mafia II
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Soul Calibur V
Tales of Xillia 2

PlayStation 4:
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Persona 5
Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash!
Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Ys Origin

PlayStation Vita:
Demon Gaze
Freedom Wars
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Soul Sacrifice
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

Steam:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

Completed Games Collection of 2018:
  • #01 | Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
  • #02 | Saints Row 2 (PS3)
  • #03 | Sengoku Basara HD (PS3)
  • #04 | Sengoku Basara 2 HD (PS3)
  • #05 | Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4)
  • #06 | Corpse Party: BloodCovered Repeated Fear (Vita)
  • #07 | Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (Vita)
  • #08 | Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Vita)

Black - PlayStation 3 / Blue - PlayStation 4 / Red - PlayStation Vita

Platinum Trophy Collection:
#01 | 2014 | PS3 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | 2015 | PS3 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | 2015 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | 2015 | Vita - Dekamori Senran Kagura
#05 | 2015 | PS3 - Steins;Gate
#06 | 2015 | PS3 - NieR
#07 | 2015 | PS3 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | 2015 | PS3 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | 2015 | PS3 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | 2015 | PS3 - The Darkness II
#11 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | 2016 | PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | 2016 | Vita - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | 2016 | Vita - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | 2016 | PS4 - Resogun
#17 | 2016 | Vita - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | 2016 | PS4 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | 2017 | Vita - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | 2017 | PS4 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | 2017 | PS4 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy XV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#23 | 2017 | PS4 - Amplitude
#24 | 2017 | PS4 - Root Letter
#25 | 2017 | Vita - IA/VT -Colorful-
#26 | 2017 | Vita - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
#27 | 2017 | PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered
#28 | 2017 | PS4 - NieR: Automata
#29 | 2017 | PS4 - The Silver Case HD
#30 | 2017 | PS4 - Steins;Gate 0
#31 | 2017 | PS3 - Under Defeat HD
#32 | 2017 | PS4 - Tales from the Borderlands
#33 | 2017 | PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
#34 | 2017 | PS4 - Life is Strange
#35 | 2017 | PS4 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song
#36 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot HD
#37 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back HD
#38 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped HD
#39 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
#40 | 2018 | Vita - Corpse Party: Blood Drive

A pal popped over with his copy of the Shadow of the Colossus PS4 remaster tonight.

Is it just me, or am I missing something? I mean, this game is enjoyable, but not in the sense - to me at least - that it's worth folks going nuts over. Certainly a spectacle, but DEAR GOD it controls horribly!

Last edited:
Dynasty Warriors 9 seeing how my copy arrived early :D

I’m loving the open world in this, plus side missions as well as the main missions that advance the story. I found with the previous games that the stories ended too quickly but it’s not going to be like that with this one which makes me very happy.

Dynasty Warriors 9 seeing how my copy arrived early :D

I’m loving the open world in this, plus side missions as well as the main missions that advance the story. I found with the previous games that the stories ended too quickly but it’s not going to be like that with this one which makes me very happy.
Think I played the demo of this at October Comic Con iirc, looked like great fun, plus I got a free poster out of it.

I'm playing Dark Souls 3 for the last 3 weeks, just finished main game and walking around the 1st dlc already. I've been wanting to play this for ages but I've hold back for not being sure if I would like. My first Souls game was Bloodborne and it was awesome but since I'm not a "medieval" I wasnt too keen on Dark Souls but I'm loving it. Well I dont like terror too but Bloodborne was one hell of a experience back in the day.

I started playing Shadow of War in the beggining of the War alongside Nioh But I've stopped both cause Dark Souls 3 is that good. Next I'll move on to Shadow of War so I wont play 2 similar games in a row with tons of pressure in every enemy lol

I'm playing Shadow of the Colossus on PS4, and I've already taken down 4 Colossi. I loved this game on the PS2 (I think all three Team ICO games are masterpieces, the closest video games have come to art for me), and it's cool playing it again with upgraded graphics. I'm surprised that, despite the fact I haven't played it in years, I still remember all the strategies to taking down the Colossi. I hope ICO is next up to be remade, or at least they should release the PS2 version digitally on the playstation store. Then we'll have all three games on PS4 :D

I'm also playing through Fate/Extra on my vita. I'm enjoying it, but it's definitely a game that should be played in bursts. The game can get a little repetitive if you play it continuously for hours. I'm using Red Saber as my servant, and I'm on the 4th round.

I felt a hankering for point and click adventure, so I'm giving Syberia another chance, a game I previously never finished due to reaching a segment where I literally had no idea what to do. I noticed the Longest Journey/Dreamfall series went on sale at Steam too, so I re-bought those which I previously had on disc... somewhere.

I think I'm enjoying it more this time simply by relaxing a bit, letting things take time and enjoying the atmosphere. It was really not made with a 4k 16:9 monitor in mind however. I might have to see if my sister still has my old 4:3 XGA and pull it out of retirement for some retro gaming (Christ, is 2002 really "retro" now?). One fairly major criticism remains - There are dozens of doors and passageways which you can't enter, but still have the "useable item" cursor, which makes trying to explore a barrage of "no need to go down there" from the player character, which is kind of doubly irritating as I'm not sure who refers to simply entering a door as going "down there".

I was thinking of having another bash at the talkie Simon The Sorcerer through ScummVM again. I really have played it to death now, but I like the Chris Barrie voice over.

Here are the new titles I've completed & started recently:

SS1.jpg

Completed Game #09:
Soul Sacrifice
[PlayStation Vita]
Now here's something that I wasn't intending to start this soon but I managed to get through it at least. Basically the plan was to setup the DLC in preparation but I ended up starting the story instead.

Soul Sacrifice is in the same genre as Freedom Wars, GOD EATER and Monster Hunter where you go to individual area to hunt down and kill monsters. This game differs from the rest with a unique gameplay mechanic where you choose to either save the monster or sacrifice it. Saving them will grant you more HP and Defence, while Sacrificing offers more Attack and Magic. Each one has its own set of levels and you can only use 100 in total, so you'll have to balance it out between them as either 1/99, 99/1, 50/50, 40/60 etc. I eventually went with 36/45 as having more power to strike monsters is more useful than having tons of HP/Defence with barely any attack power whatsoever.

The story is split into two parts, the story chapters and the final boss. Much like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild you can go straight towards the final boss if you wanted to, but it is not recommended as you are not powerful enough to defeat Magusar, the main villain of the game. Instead you tackle the story chapters that explain how Magusar became a villain during the journey. The story is pretty good and the music is well worth praising as well for fitting the tone. The gameplay is also pretty short but in many cases it will brick wall you because you are not strong enough to defeat the monsters. This is the game's biggest problem because it can make or break the experience many times and while the side-quests are available to level up your skills it can break the pace a lot. The side-quests, known as Avalon, are good challenges and has some rewards to keep you going but the AI companions aren't the best and once again the difficulty can be ridiculous.

Overall Soul Sacrifice is still a solid under-rated gem for the Vita and worth playing if you find it on sale. There is a extended cut version called Soul Sacrifice Delta that offers more content which many have recommended over the original. I got the original as I wanted a physical copy for my PlayStation Vita collection and it does pay off as I save space on the memory card and also acquire the free DLC to keep me progressing. There is a 1.30 patch that you should download before proceeding. The game has taken me around 26 hours of playtime which is just above the average expected time on HowLongToBeat (which was 25 hours).

My backlog so far:
Nintendo 3DS:
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Tales of the Abyss

PlayStation 3:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Catherine
Dragon's Crown
Drakengard 3
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Far Cry 3
Mafia II
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Soul Calibur V
Tales of Xillia 2

PlayStation 4:
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Persona 5
Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash!
Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Ys Origin

PlayStation Vita:
Demon Gaze
Freedom Wars
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

Steam:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

Completed Games Collection of 2018:
  • #01 | Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
  • #02 | Saints Row 2 (PS3)
  • #03 | Sengoku Basara HD (PS3)
  • #04 | Sengoku Basara 2 HD (PS3)
  • #05 | Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4)
  • #06 | Corpse Party: BloodCovered Repeated Fear (Vita)
  • #07 | Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (Vita)
  • #08 | Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Vita)
  • #09 | Soul Sacrifice (Vita)

Black - PlayStation 3 / Blue - PlayStation 4 / Red - PlayStation Vita

Platinum Trophy Collection:
#01 | 2014 | PS3 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | 2015 | PS3 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | 2015 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | 2015 | Vita - Dekamori Senran Kagura
#05 | 2015 | PS3 - Steins;Gate
#06 | 2015 | PS3 - NieR
#07 | 2015 | PS3 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | 2015 | PS3 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | 2015 | PS3 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | 2015 | PS3 - The Darkness II
#11 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | 2016 | PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | 2016 | Vita - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | 2016 | Vita - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | 2016 | PS4 - Resogun
#17 | 2016 | Vita - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | 2016 | PS4 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | 2017 | Vita - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | 2017 | PS4 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | 2017 | PS4 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy XV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#23 | 2017 | PS4 - Amplitude
#24 | 2017 | PS4 - Root Letter
#25 | 2017 | Vita - IA/VT -Colorful-
#26 | 2017 | Vita - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
#27 | 2017 | PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered
#28 | 2017 | PS4 - NieR: Automata
#29 | 2017 | PS4 - The Silver Case HD
#30 | 2017 | PS4 - Steins;Gate 0
#31 | 2017 | PS3 - Under Defeat HD
#32 | 2017 | PS4 - Tales from the Borderlands
#33 | 2017 | PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
#34 | 2017 | PS4 - Life is Strange