What Games Are You Playing?

Dragon Age Inquisition - 10 hours in and I'm still running around the Hinterlands doing side quests lol guess that's more a issue with me not wanting to leave until I've done them rather than a issue with the game. Still working my way through Wind Waker HD and playing Dota 2 and Heroes of the Storm.

-Danielle- said:
Played some Sacred 2. It's getting better. I want to buy Sacred 3 for my Brother next. Not sure why it has worse reviews that Sacred 2 since the graphics look waaaaay better.

The problem with Sacred 3 is it's not really a Sacred game, it's not the same genre either as it's more of a brawler than a action role playing game. I suppose if you go into it not looking for that Sacred experience it may be okay, but as a fan of the series I hate what they did, and honestly if you're looking for a brawler type game then there are better options out there. With all that said, I'm pretty sure the game is dirt cheap now days so it does have that going for it.

Ah yeah that's what a lot of the reviews tended to say which is why I opted for Sacred 2 before 3. It's a shame about the small flaws with it though...my Brother picks up a lot of items for my Elf that I can't be given due to the no drop function and the fact that I can't collect it from the chest he puts them in. Waaaah :(

I might pick it up if I can find it cheap as a "stocking filler" of sorts for his Birthday lol.

Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Flippin heck, I just barely managed to finish the Magatsu Inaba Dungeon. I had to be at least level 90 (with Yosuke, Chie and Naoto at level 88) to defeat the second major boss (the first one was pretty easy as long as you directly command everyone). Current position is that I had just accepted Teddie's offer to live in the house. In terms of overall playtime, I've spent about 67 hours and 15 minutes.

Once I finish Persona 4 Golden I'll be going straight into Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (as Danganronpa 2 will take at least 20-30 hours).

Last edited by a moderator:
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Just an update on my progress. It turns out that I've managed to get the True Ending route and so far have passed Floor 3 of the Yomotsu Hirasaka dungeon. Will continue using the same team I had in the previous dungeon (on top of that, Yosuke and Chie now have special persona's that you get after MAX Social Rank, Naoto is around Rank 5-ish since it took me ages to finally MAX Courage). Overall I'm about nearly 72 hours into this game. Very highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyperdimension Neptunia re;birth 1 (PS Vita)

Absolutely loving this game, enjoyable combat, colourful and pretty graphics, interesting characters and some fun dialogue. Finished chapter two last night after about 7 hours of game time so far, but not bored yet. Looking forward to the 3 titles in this series that are coming out on the Vita over the next few months!

britguy said:
Hyperdimension Neptunia re;birth 1 (PS Vita)

Absolutely loving this game, enjoyable combat, colourful and pretty graphics, interesting characters and some fun dialogue. Finished chapter two last night after about 7 hours of game time so far, but not bored yet. Looking forward to the 3 titles in this series that are coming out on the Vita over the next few months!

Really tempted to get this as I love the art style from what I've seen, but have a couple of questions:

1) Is it ok to play this one without having played the first game?

2) How's the play style like? I'm a big fan of JRPGs but some of the screens I've seen make the battle system look quite complex/menu heavy

3) How long is the game?

1) Hey, the game I'm playing is the first in the series, it is a remake/port of the original PS3 version, with plenty of improvements (apparently) so you're basically going in to the series at the beginning.

2) In terms of gameplay the vast majority of your time will be spent in dungeons fighting or in conversation between characters. There are no towns or world to properly explorem the overworld map allows you to select between dungeons and lands, but towns where the guild (side quests) and shops are, are basically just pretty menus.

The combat system in the game is great, plays out like a cross between an Action RPG and an MMO. You see the enemies in the dungeon, combat starts by touching them, you then get a turn based system where you can move each character about and attack/use items/use special moves. Attacking is done through combos with attacks with the x button damaging the enemies break/shield, O button being your heavy hitting attack and triangle being fast multi hit attacks with lesser power. Once one player has used their combo it's on to the next player/enemy to have their turn.

The general aim is to destroy the enemies break bar as quickly as possible so that your heavy hitting attacks do even more damage.

3) I'm about 8 hours in and just finished chapter 2 of the story, I'm led to believe there are 8 chapters?

Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
After 74 hours and 35 minutes, I have finally finished my first playthrough of Persona 4 Golden! I got the True Ending dungeon and boss fight but since this is playthrough #1 and I missed my chance to max out Marie's Social Rank I wasn't able to get the special epilogue.

Back to playing Diablo 3, decided to buy the ps4 version along with the ps4 version of Final Fantasy 14 which I've also been playing...it's taking some getting used to the controller for Final Fantasy that's for sure but enjoying playing both on the couch rather than at the desk.

Cel said:
I've been playing Persona 4 Golden a lot recently too. Just beat the Kanji dungeon. Do you have any tips Grav?

There's a few that I recommend:
- Go through the same dungeon again and beat the shadow that's on the top floor. I do this to keep everyone levelling up in preparation for the next dungeon. It's best to be level up at least 10 times between each dungeon.
- Max out the Social Ranks to your favourite team-mates and one other character whom you'll see next. It will make the final few dungeons easier. With Marie, try and sort hers out as soon as possible if you can.
- There will be a point where the game asks you to save due to a particular moment, that's when the True Ending path will appear but you'll have to make the right choices.
- And lastly, directly command your team-mates from now on. During the fight they can often make mistakes like casting fire on a fire resistant opponent. And always use Analysis, saves you time and SP in the future.

Still playing hyperdimension neptunia rebirth. Addicted to the combat. I'm about half way through the game I believe.

Started on skyrim again. Never really got far in to this game with other play throughs. Hoping to rectify that now.

Finished Beyond: Two Souls yesterday. A really disappointing game let down by awful storytelling and confusing gameplay, and this is coming from someone who likes Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain. It also seems to be very pro-suicide, which was frankly shocking to see.

Next up is something lighter, Ni No Kuni. It's been in my backlog since it's release a few years ago (the fancy Wizard Edition no less) but I've just never gotten around to it. I was hoping to start Valkyria Chronicles next but it won't arrive in the post for a few days yet (if not longer, the post has been appallingly slow this last week or so).

Ace Combat Infinity continues as always, but for the next two weeks idolm@ster has returned! I really want that Takane emblem.
10957895_905550492808738_3699281670599963957_n.png

Back