What Games Are You Playing?

Spent about 12 hours playing Persona 4 Golden so far.

That Contrarian King is a bloody pain (due to his Rampage attack which 90% of the time will wipe out everyone) and I'm currently at Level 22. Just beat it right now and I'm glad I found out that not doing that group attack actually helps.

I finished Atelier Rorona yesterday on the Vita - first experience of the Aterlier games and I really enjoyed it, the play style is seriously addictive, and the 'time management' concept constantly keeps you on your toes; driving your forward to the next installment. I adore the character designs too.

That said, the Vita version is pretty laggy in places - understandable though considering it's a PS3 port. Also, when I checked to see the conditions you need to platinum the game and unlock all the various endings - crikey...

Hurry up Xmas Day! I'll have Little Big Planet 3 and Sacred 2 to play as they're 2/5 games I've bought my Brother.

I'll also get to watch him play The Evil Within and some other stuffs. He's worried he'll get scared so I've said I'll watch him play as long as he plays it in the dark so I get scared hehe.

Ooooh maybe if he finishes with Pokemon Alpha by Xmas I'll get to play that as he's getting Omega for Xmas :3

Final Fantasy VI: playing this via my psp. Absolutely loving it. About 15 hours in. The cast of characters are varied and likeable and the story is great so far.

Finally had a go at Ni no Kuni on a mate's PS3 the other day, bit of a strange experience really. On the face of it, it seems like a game aimed at younger players, but it kept touching on elements that I felt might have been difficult for that audience to deal with (the protagonist's mother suddenly dying inside the first 20 minutes being the chief example). Visually, I did like the design of Motortown, Ghiblified America is quite an appealing place, but I found the monster design a bit too cute for my liking. Having to beat up adorable plush toys with a stick all the time was a little troubling...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sora Takeuchi said:
Finally beat shadow Kanji on persona 4 golden after a bit of grinding

I found Shadow Yukiko to be a pain so I spent hours on grinding my levels.

Just a heads up, the next two dungeon big bosses (most particularly the retro dungeon) will cause some problems so at least level up a bit more before then.

I've spent at least 40 hours on the game so far (how the **** did I even manage that?) and I'm currently in the Underground Dungeon where Shadow Naoto is, my god there is no point allowing your teammates to automatically sort out their attacks as a bunch of enemies will reflect them or will get themselves killed.

On a depressing note, I missed my chance to romance with Yukiko (I didn't realise during the 9th Social Rank that that's where I have to tell her).

NormanicGrav said:
Sora Takeuchi said:
Finally beat shadow Kanji on persona 4 golden after a bit of grinding

I found Shadow Yukiko to be a pain so I spent hours on grinding my levels.

Just a heads up, the next two dungeon big bosses (most particularly the retro dungeon) will cause some problems so at least level up a bit more before then.

I've spent at least 40 hours on the game so far (how the **** did I even manage that?) and I'm currently in the Underground Dungeon where Shadow Naoto is, my god there is no point allowing your teammates to automatically sort out their attacks as a bunch of enemies will reflect them or will get themselves killed.

On a depressing note, I missed my chance to romance with Yukiko (I didn't realise during the 9th Social Rank that that's where I have to tell her).

Shadow Yukiko took a while for me to beat also, Just letting my vita charge at the moment think i am about level 27 at the moment using Jack frost as my main persona.

Would you recommended adding kanji to my team or should I just stick with Yukiko, chie and yosuke?

Sora Takeuchi said:
Shadow Yukiko took a while for me to beat also, Just letting my vita charge at the moment think i am about level 27 at the moment using Jack frost as my main persona.

Would you recommended adding kanji to my team or should I just stick with Yukiko, chie and yosuke?
Immediately Kanji is probably the best choice, though later on in the game Chie becomes pretty OP for normal mobs. If you set her up with the right Moveset she crits EVERYTHING. Both are pretty much useless when it comes to magic too.
The real answer though is just to level everyone up as you get them and see who you take a liking to, and who fits your play style. Personally I pretty much always used Yosuke/Yukiko/Chie for the first dungeon, and then leveled everyone else up on the second visit.

Decided to go with Kanji over Yosuke, Spent about 2 hours looking for a ghoul to fuse Black frost, currently level 44 with the main character and 40 with the others in the retro game dungeon, also on the 9th SL with Chie.

Found shadow Rise and shadow Teddie quite easy though shadow teddie took a while to defeat.

Still watching the bro play The Evil Within and Alien Regeneration from time to time. We've also been playing some DLC for Resident Evil 5, Little Big Planet 3 and Sacred 2 which is enjoyable enough but nowhere near as good as Diablo 2 not to mention that it's sh*t how Liam isn't able to give me anything his character picks up. Even once we've put it in the chest! *angry irritated face*

Just defeated the boss in Heaven, took a while to beat had to grind for a while, currently chasing down Adachi in his dungeon.

Taka88 said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Taka88 said:
Anyone playing pokemon omega ruby ? I wonder it is similar to Pokemon Ruby ?

Omega Ruby is a remake of Pokemon Ruby, it's has some really cool new features, which are really fun ^^

What is a few features added in Omega Ruby ?

DexNav - Allows you to find Pokemon with Hold Items, Egg moves and Hidden Abilities if the Pokemon has them
Soaring - Allows you to soar through the sky, and find areas with Pokemon from other regions, TMs and Legendary Pokemon

Back