What Games Are You Playing?

Also playing:
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
Bayonetta (PS3)
and:
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
Bad Company 2 (PC)

and now I'm tempted to play Uncharted 2 again after hearing Tachi's enjoyment of the game. :p

Voddas said:
Also playing:
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
Bayonetta (PS3)
and:
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
Bad Company 2 (PC)

and now I'm tempted to play Uncharted 2 again after hearing Tachi's enjoyment of the game. :p

Get on it!

Me, you and afoia can have a deathmatch aswell lol

OT:
Finishing off Uncharted's treasures and specific gun kills to get the platinum, and completing Uncharted 2, it's graphics are unbelievable in most cases, i'm yet to see better graphcs on any of this gens consoles.
Going to get Heavy rain and Terminator salvation (half buying it with my mate leo as we both want the easy plat)

So far in the Trophy race;

ben is first; 14 plats and 1300+ trophies, level 14.
Im second with 2 plats, almsot 700 trophies, level 10.
Leo's 3rd with 3 plats, 230something trophies, level 7.
Sam, 2 plats, can't remember how many trophies, level 6.
Kayls, 0 plats, 0 trophies, level 1 :p I'll be helping her get more/

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

I picked this up when it first came out, played it for a bit and realised that it was impossibly hard.

A patch came out and allowed you to actually win a race but I never carried on. Now I have. And it's still flippin' hard.

Some of the races go on too long and if you mess up on one race in a series you have to start them all over again, not just at the race you're on. It makes it a challenge, yes, but it also adds tedium to the mix.

It's okay in places, but feels a little loose in too many other areas.

afoia said:
Someday i'll give Terranigma a go as many people have compared it to secret of mana and some have gone as far as saying its better than secret of mana...

I say it's better (by a big margin). There's a greater structure at play and the core design allows a little more flexability. Some truly sublime music, too.

Then again I'm biased since I always preferred Enix to Square.

Monkey Island 2: Special Edition

It feels great to be playing this at the native resolution of my modern screen. I've wished something like these Monkey Island special editions would happen for so, so long. Anyone who doesn't have them (and especially anyone who never played the originals) should download them right this minute. Unfortunately I'm not able to savour the experience quite as much as I'd like as I can remember the solution to every single puzzle... Huh, so that's where all that space where my short term memory should be went.

I always thought Captain Kate sounded more harsh in text though.... and why Guybrush's "really cool beard" had to turn into designer stubble I don't know. Still, can't have everything. And hearing a perfectly cast Wally say "Hey! Watch it with the spit" for the third time (actually causing me to laugh out loud) more than makes up for it's shortcomings. Zak McKracken next please.

Lupus said:
Cyburn said:
Tales of Vesperia (360)
Great game.

Finished Super Metroid and Shadow Hearts last night, going to start Shadow Hearts: Covenant now.

Super Metroid worth the attention then? I constantly hear it on everyone's favourite game lists but i've never really put the time in and I own the original snes cart!

I'm playing through Transformers: war for cybertron on PS3 atm (which for me is GOTY), Uncharted 2 multiplayer most evenings or when i feel like popping on for a bit of multiplayer and Luminous Arc for DS.

I've suddenly started playing games again, after only a few hours here and there for months.
I started Guitar Hero 5, Star Ocean 4 and Dragon Quest IX over the last 2 days. Nearly finished with GH5 now.

Max Takeshi said:
Midnight Club: Los Angeles

I picked this up when it first came out, played it for a bit and realised that it was impossibly hard.

A patch came out and allowed you to actually win a race but I never carried on. Now I have. And it's still flippin' hard.

Some of the races go on too long and if you mess up on one race in a series you have to start them all over again, not just at the race you're on. It makes it a challenge, yes, but it also adds tedium to the mix.

It's okay in places, but feels a little loose in too many other areas.

Ha, i've had that game for ages, never had any problems winning races...but the trophies are stupidly hard. pull a wheelie for 5 miles, drive on 2 weeks for 5-10 miles without stopping or crashing...the hell?!

ayase said:
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition

It feels great to be playing this at the native resolution of my modern screen. I've wished something like these Monkey Island special editions would happen for so, so long. Anyone who doesn't have them (and especially anyone who never played the originals) should download them right this minute. Unfortunately I'm not able to savour the experience quite as much as I'd like as I can remember the solution to every single puzzle... Huh, so that's where all that space where my short term memory should be went.

I always thought Captain Kate sounded more harsh in text though.... and why Guybrush's "really cool beard" had to turn into designer stubble I don't know. Still, can't have everything. And hearing a perfectly cast Wally say "Hey! Watch it with the spit" for the third time (actually causing me to laugh out loud) more than makes up for it's shortcomings. Zak McKracken next please.

Love em, i've still got the original story on the Amiga lol

- Red Dead Redemption (I haven't played a new game I've enjoyed this much for a long time - why couldn't rockstar just have skipped GTA4 and made this?!)

- Advance Wars on GBA (working my way through one of my favourite series)

- STILL playing Pokemon Soul Silver (actually EV/IV training pokemon now)

Playing a mix of Ikaruga (yes, still. No I can't one credit clear the game on Easy yet) and Seiken Densetsu 3 whilst waiting for Starcraft to appear in the post (the first one. Back in 1998, the demo seemed fun, but like every other RTS game on the market. Funny that.)

kupocake said:
Playing a mix of Ikaruga (yes, still. No I can't one credit clear the game on Easy yet) and Seiken Densetsu 3 whilst waiting for Starcraft to appear in the post (the first one. Back in 1998, the demo seemed fun, but like every other RTS game on the market. Funny that.)

You're not the only one w/ Ikaruga problems :p
Still need enough time to finish the GC version. Not had a TV for a while, tho' now fixed.
Been playing GundeadliGne (PC).

Started Heavy rain lastnight....

Ethan (?) has by far the worst situations so far. I feel sorry for him, to have the perfect life...and then have it all change like that.

Scott is a decent bloke. I'm alittle bit worried about playing the game. i want all 4 main characters to survive, so i'm always on edge, wondering if "the next thing they do, could be their last".

The FBI guy Jarden or something, has by far the coolest pair of glasses imaginable (but believable) Looking round the crimescenes and piecing things together.

Madison is abit weird...the first time you control her is a real eye opener ;) But weird as hell at the same time...i'm not going to spoil it.....but expect something at the end of the "episode" that you play as her, to be a "hollywood moment"

With such sinister undertones and a seamilngly helpless state in the game/film its hard not to get emotionally affected by this game. That, with the gripping storyline that keeps me hooked....i wish i was at home playing/watching it still!

Back