What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acer Aspire One. :D

It's a justifiable business expense... which it just so happens also means I can come on AUKN whenever I'm not busy :p

I already love it. In fact I might finally say goodbye to Windows on my regular laptop.

Additional: Although I will nip out and buy a mouse for it at some point...

ayase said:
Additional: Although I will nip out and buy a mouse for it at some point...
Wise choice there. Get thine palms involved in working the cursor; using only the fingertips can become uncomfortable.

100_1361.jpg

:D

I'm learn-ing. Won't that do?

I can still appriciate the artwork... and sit clutching them whispering "My Preciousss..."

Argh, I hate it when Japan puts foreign words in hiragana instead of in katakana like it's supposed to be! 'Maison' is a French word, so it should be: メゾン in katakana!

That collection does look amazing though! It's not the entire collection of Maison Ikoku though, is it? I thought there was much more than 15 volumes .... ?

CitizenGeek said:
That collection does look amazing though! It's not the entire collection of Maison Ikoku though, is it? I thought there was much more than 15 volumes .... ?
No, just 15. The ironic thing is that the story spans a significantly longer period of time than the series that Takahashi managed to drag out for 30+ volumes.

I wish I had the patience to learn another language :(

CitizenGeek said:
Also, "koku" is the counter for what in Japanese? :s

"koku" is a unit of volume in japan equal to 278-ish litres(i think) but there is also if its written as Kokū[虚空] is an solo original piece that was played on a bamboo flute. Apparently as the song its often translated to "empty sky".

I'm expecting that wasn't what you asked though for some reason, hah.

Well, considering the kanji for "koku" is written after the kanji for the number 1, I'm guessing it's acting as a counter and not a bamboo flute solo composition :p

CitizenGeek said:
Well, considering the kanji for "koku" is written after the kanji for the number 1, I'm guessing it's acting as a counter and not a bamboo flute solo composition :p

indeed, however when i look about for a better translation, i only ever see the full name "Maison Ikkoku", left as such. So its now bothering me =/

fabricatedlunatic said:
CitizenGeek said:
No, just 15. The ironic thing is that the story spans a significantly longer period of time than the series that Takahashi managed to drag out for 30+ volumes.
By that you mean Urusei Yatsura, the 34 volumes of which should get here sometime next week. ;)

And to clear up the name issue (which I think is what's going on...)

“Maison Ikkokuâ€

It's not really a number counter.

Combined the kanji mean "moment", which is nicely appropriate for the way it feels like a snapshot of a certain time now. There is an alternate meaning of "stubborn" which also fits the main characters rather well.

Had a rough day so I'll join in the battle about the forum layout later when I'm more likely to be reasonable.

R

Today I recieved...

Anime from Anime on Line
Slayers Next volume 1
Solty Rei volume 2

Anime from HMV
Ghost Hunt series 1 part 1
Negima!? Spring and Summer specials

Finally got my Jyu-Oh-Sei. Would have been faster if I didn't preorder! And some of you already have next week's releases, bah.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back