What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
animefreak17 said:
Mardock scramble film 2

Arrived today

Question

How many films does this series have anyways

The third is not even out in Japan so expect the third one probably late next year.

Just received 5minutes ago:

Appleseed (1988)
Appleseed (2004)
Naruto (pack with 3 movies)
Naruto - The Lost Story
Naruto Shippuden Movie 2: Bonds

Not been home this week, So I came back to find that at some point I had received Shakugan no Shana III Final - Part 2. Time to watch Part 1!

bakum4tsu said:
I have received Canaan from MVM. I'm a little disapointed with the video quality from what i saw. Canaan is not really new but its not that old. Looking at new latest Manga UK releases, these ones are so much better than MVM's ones. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Canaan being animated in 720i may have something to do with it. Even the American Bluray doesn't look that great.
Apparently they de-interlaced it for the BDs in Japan and it looks slightly better but the source material is still 720i.

Mangaranga said:
Canaan being animated in 720i may have something to do with it. Even the American Bluray doesn't look that great.
Apparently they de-interlaced it for the BDs in Japan and it looks slightly better but the source material is still 720i.
Uh... You sure about that? Is it even possible to animate something interlaced?

From what i remember when i say the show when it was airing, the imagem was nice and today I've tried again to watch the third dvd and oh crap! Really poor quality. I'm very disapointed for a kind of recent show.

ayase said:
Mangaranga said:
Sounds strange I know, but there are a small handful of shows out there which are animated at 720i.
The only ones off the top of my head I can remember are Canaan and Spice and Wolf Season 1 though.

EDIT: Found the thread.

Mangaranga said:
ayase said:
Mangaranga said:
Sounds strange I know, but there are a small handful of shows out there which are animated at 720i.
The only ones off the top of my head I can remember are Canaan and Spice and Wolf Season 1 though.

EDIT: Found the thread.
Why would you... What? I don't even...

Creating interlaced masters I can see (even if it seems like the dumbest f*cking idea in the world) but surely, surely it isn't possible to actually animate something which is interlaced in its original form? How would you even do that?

Buster sums it up best on the following page:

"720i is 1280x360 pixels worth of useful information, while 480p is 720x480."

720i is not a "strictly accurate" term, but the closest thing that already exists within some form of common terminology.

Forgive my obvious ignorance but it still doesn't help me understand how (and certainly not WHY) you would go about drawing or digitally painting something which is interlaced. Unless it's in fact not interlaced. In which case what the hell is it (stretched via interlacing or something?) and why hasn't a term been invented for it?

The term hasn't been invented because enough of the people likely to discuss it came to understand that "720i" referred to this as-yet uncoined phrase.

The point/dubious benefit from the development point of view is that all the images are only required to be 1280x360, so it's drawn in full knowledge that the only way to produce a resolution of 1280x720 will be to interlace two fields each made up of one 1280x360 image, rather than just capturing one 1280x720 frame if you were naturally drawing in "720p".

Right. Got it (I think). I find it a little difficult to believe that it's easier, quicker or cheaper to draw half-height squashed images, but there you go.

D.Gray Man OST 1-3. They're all lovely and have beautiful slipcovers. I love OST's, I don't buy them often but when I do I play them continuously.

(Saturday) A new job, so I can quit the one I hate. The pay is 33% higher per hour too, and offers more hours. Would also be working with a higher quality of coworker; at my old job people fit into three categories:
-people who can't get jobs elsewhere because their English is mediocre to poor (half the staff. Good workers though, and nice people.)
-people who are not worthy of a better job (of this group, half were really nice people, half were idiotic fvckwits)
-people for whom this job is far beneath them, but are here because unemployment is not an option (two, maybe three of us at most)

Finally, I am free! :D

Mangaranga said:
Not been home this week, So I came back to find that at some point I had received Shakugan no Shana III Final - Part 2. Time to watch Part 1!
I still need to buy Shakugan no Shana III. I probably will do when I get paid next.

Received today...

Bodacious Space Pirates part 1 (UK DVD).
Dream Eater Merry complete series (UK DVD).
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa (Blu-ray).
Mardock Scramble The Second Combustion (Blu-ray).
Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror (Blu-ray/DVD).

Couple of wrestling t-shirts from TNA's Eurostore. Ordered them two weeks ago, and they were only dispatched yesterday. Almost like ordering from Zavvi, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back