What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to buy right away the movie but i think its quite expensive a movie when it comes out and we are speaking about Bleach which is even worst though I've heard good things about this movie.

There were quite a few things i didnt like in Bleach though I've enjoyed it until i drop it around 170 +/-.

I dont plant to get the series cause its way too long to rewatch or expensive to buy. The same applies to Naruto so I will just get the movies form both of them so whenever i want to see something from these shows, i'll just watch the movies. Plus, better animation in the movie than the series.

i like one piece the best out of the 3 and bleach is my second, naruto ship started out brilliant * the sasori fight* but naruto ship got more ridiculous, i like the first naruto but ship was getting ridiculous for one reason -

there all ninjas and they have techniques that destroy landscapes
the outfits makes them even more of a target
the jutsu gets even more ridiculous because the chakra in the powerful characters seems to never end.

i want to like naruto shippuden i really do-

the music is brilliant
the story has its moments * sasukes moments*
the animations nice.

Latest couple DVDs from Lovefilm, and also my holiday documents for my trip to the West Coast week after next :)

But on a downer, also the Water bill for April 13 to March 14, gone up to £140 :(

Kite said:
But on a downer, also the Water bill for April 13 to March 14, gone up to £140 :(>/quote]]/quote]
Do you have a meter? My flat didn't and they wanted to charge me £36 a month, which was ridiculous as I'd been paying less than £20 at my old flat. Asked to have a meter installed, their estimate was £24 a month and after being here for 6 months that was revised to £12.

Amazing to think how much they money (for nothing!) they must be wringing out of people who aren't prepared to question things.

No meter, it probably won't make that much of a difference (3 bedroom house, 3 people inside including 1 whom takes a bath every other day).

It's cheaper than others in this area as we are not connected to sewage, just sharing a cess-pit with next-door (£50 every 18 months).

Water companies can get away with charging what they like, as people can't change.

Got chaos head today but yesterday got
Naruto shippuden 11
Baka and test s2
The world god only knows s2
Blue exosist part 1
Bodacious space pirates p1

So today I got a ransom note from Parcel Force:
VAT: £20.03
Handling Fee: 13.50
Additional optional cost to have it delivered on Saturday: £12

How to they get away with such a high handling fee? And hell no to paying £12 for Saturday delivery. I'll wait until Monday thanks.

EDIT:
Hold on...should Customs be counting the costs of shipping and handling in these calculations as well or not? Because I was running the maths and it doesn't add up.
The itself cost me 7048yen, which is currently £49.38. 20% of that would be £9.98. So including the handling fee, the charge should only be £23.48. However, if they took the cost of the item including postage 13,248yen (£92.74), the VAT on that should be £18.55. Then you add the £13.50 handling fee, the overall charge should be £32.05 (I'll let the rough pound difference slide because of exchange rate fluctuations).

But I thought the standard handling fee was £7.50? Unless £13.50 is the one they use for Parcel Force, while £7.50 is standard Royal Mail?

Lawrence said:
I think they usually charge the total cost of the item, postage and all. And yes, £13 is the typical Parcel force fee. What kind of postage did you select EMS???/quote]
I think it had to be EMS due to the size of the item.

Geez...including the shipping cost is a con isn't it?

Yeah Parcelforce is £13.50 if you are on an 'express' service (they call it Express 24 in the UK even though it's never 24 hours because their customs procedures are so horrendously inefficient that they add several days on just fiddling around sending letters). If you're on a slower service they are closer to the normal Royal Mail fee level.

I never pay for Saturday delivery with Parcelforce because it's obscene, and should have been part of my express service in the first place since they delayed the parcel so long IMO.

I also never use Parcelforce where possible unless it's something I know is exempt from customs, in which case they're excellent and usually arrive with it so early in the morning I never miss a delivery. For anything with customs involved, it's best to avoid them if possible. Proper couriers are much better and charge less.

R

Yeah, unfortunately Hobby Japan would only go with EMS, which meant Parcel Force.

And yeah, it's express, courier delivery when even the bloody regular post comes on Saturday. Srsly Parcel Force.

Joshawott said:
It's all a con. Why can't I pay the sales tax of the place I import something from instead of the UK taxes? If I go on holiday to another country and buy something while I'm there, that's exactly what happens. Either way my money is going to a government I didn't vote for to spend on things I don't agree with, but one way it works out much more expensive. Hmm... three dollars for the US war machine or ten quid to promote the UK slave-to-work scheme?

ayase said:
Joshawott said:
It's all a con. Why can't I pay the sales tax of the place I import something from instead of the UK taxes? If I go on holiday to another country and buy something while I'm there, that's exactly what happens. Either way my money is going to a government I didn't vote for to spend on things I don't agree with, but one way it works out much more expensive. Hmm... three dollars for the US war machine or ten quid to promote the UK slave-to-work scheme?
Sorry you're wrong there. You are meant to pay duty and VAT on all goods you personally bring in to the country over a certain limit. The only reason you do not is because Customs profile passengers and know exactly who their limited man power will be targeting (i.e. potential drug smugglers).

If you are randomly picked up you will be hit - happened to me once - came back from New York with a flu like bug, so I was sweating and looked like **** - got picked up by Customs who thought I was smuggling. Had about $40-50 worth of anime videos on me which I promptly was charged duty and then VAT (you pay VAT on the duty charge as well) for.

I should point out you can claim back the tax in the country you made your purchase, each country has different ways - often at the airport or in the actual shop (Japan and USA are both in shop) - note claiming back in source country almost certainly will result in UK Customs being notified (you will need your passport and return ticket to claim back) so any in theory you can not get away with any big purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back