What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A white staffy puppy, very cute and a good laugh.

Anyone thats ever seen the baby panda sneeze video - replace the baby panda with a puppy and the mother panda with my mum = complete re enactment lastnight :p funny as hell to see my mum almost jump out of her skin at Luna barking.

Tachi- said:
Don't worry about it, You can always redo any course or exam.

Just don't feel down about it, :)
I know man, but it's two exams I've failed, both for Biology, retaking both of them, plus doing another Bio exam, then History and Music ones, not to mention Guitar and Music Performance exams next month on top of that, is just going to be far too much work, at least, for me to plough through by myself that is.

Your at college right? not gcse right?

if so, didn't you know most people drop 1 or 2 courses after the 1st year.

Maybe rearranging priorities or something may help, find a working method for revising (hell revising for me backfires, i do better without trying to cram info in, learn more from just living through things and learning through time)

Tachi- said:
Your at college right? not gcse right?

if so, didn't you know most people drop 1 or 2 courses after the 1st year.

Maybe rearranging priorities or something may help, find a working method for revising (hell revising for me backfires, i do better without trying to cram info in, learn more from just living through things and learning through time)
I'm doing A Levels, A2 to be precise so this is my last year!

Like you said, sorting out my priorities is probably the best thing, I generally just timetable my stuff and say "right, 30 mins of this, 30 mins of that", I can do something like that no problem, my problem is to stick to it and only I can actually do something about that.

Yeah i know what you mean, sticking to a monotonously dull task like revision, there's usually the urge to go do something thats more interesting or enjoyable (perhaps the paint on the walls needs a new coat? then can watch it dry - i jest) but no matter how dull it is, remember.... the break is *infact* good for you. so every hour of revision, about 15mins break at the end or 30 mins in will help you out.

keeping at the grind never worked for me, i lost focus and ended up letting my mind wander (yes this happened during a exam aswell) but its that time away from the stress that gives you chance to mull things over.

another technique: read through a passage of information you'll need, then break, then reread through it again and break it down into key phrases or quotes you may need, take a break again and when you come back to it, read it the same as you would normally.

This repetition is meant to help strengthen the memory, so when you need the info, it'll spring straight to action. if your not convinced, look at a game you play for alot of time, bosses don't get easier right? but after beating the same boss 4-5 times it seems easier right? well thats because you've come to terms with its attacks and whatnot, you are better prepared to take it on. your experience (not only in the game, but mentally) increases.

sadly there's no cheats or shortcuts to life, its one big learning curve... but if either of these ways can benefit you, i wish you the best of luck when the resits roll around. :thumb:

I know exactly what you mean, I actually did half of what you said during last years winters and I actually had the plan of repetition in my mind when revising this time around, thanks a bunch Tachi :)

memorium said:
I know exactly what you mean, I actually did half of what you said during last years winters and I actually had the plan of repetition in my mind when revising this time around, thanks a bunch Tachi :)

No problem :thumb:

memorium said:
My results

very dissapointing, I swear to god I put more effort and time into revising for my exams than last year...

I know the feeling. It seems that my page full of doctors note, and ridiculous illness didn't have much of an effect on things. They could have been worse but, meh. It's all down to the summer now...

Received some Region A blu-rays from Axel Music,

FLCL (Complete Collection)
Dragonball Z Kai - Season One Part 4
Moribito - Guardian Of The Spirit Part 1
Queen's Blade Collection

FLCL was the only one not to have a loose disc (Moribito & Queens Blade both disc 2, Dragonball Z Kai disc 1). Does not look like there are any problems with any of the discs but I won't know for sure until I play them.

Cheers Stu, and good luck to you Godot

I find that my knowledge is good, it's just the exams are poor, that or I just don't mix with them too well :lol:

The spoils of my £5 off £30 spend at HMV. Shutter Island and Moon on DVD and Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Incredible Hulk on blu ray. Now my blu ray collections spines are almost ALL black =P Except for the spider-man trilogy and scott pilgrim

mangaman74 said:

Queen's Blade Collection

FLCL was the only one not to have a loose disc (Moribito & Queens Blade both disc 2, Dragonball Z Kai disc 1). Does not look like there are any problems with any of the discs but I won't know for sure until I play them.

I always find that maddening when that happens. The discs are always fine, but I just wonder how incompetent is the machine or person that pops the discs in? (In another disc error related note, all the MVM boxsets I have have one disc with a weird printing error in thecover art, first disc of Trigun and 3rd of Paranoia Agent)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
mangaman74 said:

Queen's Blade Collection

I always find that maddening when that happens. The discs are always fine, but I just wonder how incompetent is the machine or person that pops the discs in? (In another disc error related note, all the MVM boxsets I have have one disc with a weird printing error in thecover art, first disc of Trigun and 3rd of Paranoia Agent)

I have had a case of a printing error with a couple of the above blu-rays. Moribito - Guardian Of The Spirit Part 1 & Queen's Blade Collection are both listed as Region A on the box art yet when I checked the discs they are region free (I have a multi-region player which I set to region B before checking the discs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back