What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

xx7R58A.jpg

iXIOWzG.jpg

2023 HAUL VER 4.6

0URuEmlh.jpg

bCQHuMRh.jpg

bNeQ4dwh.jpg

Been meaning to get both of these games for a while so I decided to order them sooner than later via retailer 365 Games. First one is Neptunia: Sisters vs Sisters, the latest spin-off in the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise focusing on Nepgear & her friends. The Calendar Edition is their first print edition so it comes with a calendar and poster.

Also picked up is Yurukill: The Calumniation Games, a part-Visual Novel part-Shoot em up with a story written by Kakegurui writer Homura Kawamoto. It's been going up in value so I wanted to own it before it got too expensive.
I don't get the point of releasing games like that on the ps5 since Sony won't allow Japanese games on there hardware uncensored but Nintendo don't censor games on the switch.

2023 HAUL VER 4.7

Gci5uohh.jpg

5ahQkDIh.jpg

n4NM65Vh.jpg

KXohXYqh.jpg

AICRS8vh.jpg

CqyUcqGh.jpg

With all of the sales going around, it was weird to see Third Window Films titles be discounted in HMV without having to rely on their offers being exclusive to specific FOPP retailers which are barely anywhere near me. Anywho, similar to Arrow's Easter sale, the titles were now £9.99 per film (unless its a box set) so I decided to make use of this opportunity and catch up on a couple of releases from their line-up.

Now I've still got a fair bit of older films to get, but I wanted to focus on their newer releases that had my interest for a while and they arrived pretty quickly but split into four packages. The films chosen were Sogo Ishii's 1980 film Crazy Thunder Road (狂い咲きサンダーロード), Yoshihiro Nakamura's 2009 film Fish Story (フィッシュストーリー), Daihachi Yoshida's 2007 film FUNUKE Show Some Love, You Losers! (腑抜けども、悲しみの愛を見せろ), Katsuyuki Motohiro's 2005 film Summer Time Machine Blues (サマー タイム マシン ブルース), Makoto Tezuka's 2019 film Barbara (ばるぼら), and Naoto Takenaka, Takumi Saitoh, Takayuki Yamada's 2020 film Zokki (ゾッキ).

Various interesting notes about these films:
  • Sogo Ishii is a well-known director in Japan for his punk style films with Burst City being the other big classic during the 80s (some consider these as Japan's answer to Mad Max apparently).
  • Fish Story and FUNUKE were both released on DVD first by Third Window so these are Blu-ray upgrades from their catalogue.
  • Makoto Ueda made Summer Time Machine Blues who then later directed the cult classic Japanese film Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes, the director of the film Katsuyuki Motohiro also co-directed PSYCHO-PASS, and the film's story was then adapted by The Tatami Galaxy author Tomihiko Morimi under the name The Tatami Time Machine Blues which also has an anime by Science SARU.
  • Barbara is based on an Osamu Tezuka manga which his son then directed.
  • Zokki is based on a manga written by ON-GAKU: Our Sound creator Hiroyuki Ohashi.

After some delay for multiple reasons my Lupin titles for the months of February and April have arrived. I will gladly double-dip if AL eventually release these titles but if not, I'm sorted and at this point I'm committed to collecting all the Lupin TV specials, OVA's and movies from Discotek (as well as Part 1 and 3). I also have Fujiko's Lie on order for May's title as well to complete the trilogy.

Lupin the Third: Jigen's Gravestone (BD) and Lupin the Third: Goemon's Bloodspray (BD)

20230428_124124.jpg

2023 HAUL VER 4.8

qxGfIXJh.jpg

FCCccGAh.jpg

gSLmHAth.jpg

I've been meaning to pickup Akudama Drive for a while now and considering the limited edition release is on its way out, I decided to order it now which I've done via Amazon UK (Global shipping) which arrived in miraculous condition given it uses that blue/white bubble-wrap packaging. The limited edition did not get a UK release which is why I imported the series. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

eqRXMGYh.jpg

sz0tH8uh.jpg
zO2QpDUh.jpg

R8Azn1ah.jpg

We have two more Asian Cinema releases also arriving yesterday. Terracotta decided to upgrade the shipping speed of my order due to the bank holiday which is very nice of them.

First we have Junya Satō's 1975 film The Bullet Train (新幹線大爆破) on Blu-ray by Eureka Entertainment. Now the BD forum have been having a massive fit over the video transfer of the film because a different restoration was done by Toei which was better. I know Discotek is planning a release but like anything there's no guarantee (not impossible) for them to get the better masters so I went for Eureka's either way.

Next we have Wong Jing's 1989 film God of Gamblers (賭神) on Blu-ray by 88 Films. This is one of those films that has my interests due to the gambling theme so I'm interested to watch it sooner. There's also tons of films in this franchise so I wonder if 88 Films plans to release any of the other sequels and spin-offs.

2023 HAUL VER 4.9

A surprise haul because this was literally last minute. A friend messaged me asking if I wanted to hang out and I said sure, so we checked out a few retailers.

7lgRm2ih.jpg
nDMLVych.jpg

qT3vQpQh.jpg

In CeX I also wanted to get rid of my duplicate copy of ID: INVADED (which was a long story in itself, so check my earlier haul posts for that stuff) but they treated it as the LE so I got the cash based on the LE set than the standard which was handy. Anywho a friend of mine mentioned there was another floor in the building so we checked it out, and to my surprise they actually had stock for PS3 games which caught me off guard.

They had a good variety of titles, but none of the super rare ones unless you needed something like God of War HD Collection or Deadly Premonition. The ones I picked were multi-platform and still around, but I decided to get them for the PlayStation 3 collection and those were Prince of Persia, SEGA Rally and Split/Second: Velocity. The latter was mainly because it was included in MetalJesusRock's hidden gems video for the PS3 catalog.

I0LEtZ1h.jpg

9EqcYfQh.jpg

P2Xn6Rhh.jpg

ex55Iwqh.jpg

And of course I visited Travelling Man and while they had lots of box sets I only focused on three manga volumes this time around. Those books are Alice in Borderland Omnibus 4 & 5, and Monster Omnibus 6. They did have Omnibus 8 & 9 but not 7 for Monster so I'm getting those ones later.

That's it for the April haul. Goodbye Don Glees! and Jujutsu Kaisen Part 2 will start off the May haul as those won't arrive until 2nd May.

Back