What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

16f79773-c57b-475e-8ea1-26eba36de39f-jpeg.27305.jpg
I’ve put my recent arrivals from ATA in spoilers due to mystery box items. Still a bit miffed about one of the included titles there and have five duplicates to sell on (see my sales thread for details).

Been waiting on this one for a while to release, the 50 Animated Years of Lupin the Third book from Magnetic Press, covers all the way upto Part 6 and has 200 pages of hefty content. From what I've skimmed, defo worth it for any Lupin fan.

There was a more expensive version but was a bit much for me, this standard edition is still a hardback release though.

View attachment 27326
Oh I had this, but I went for the deluxe version. Big Lupin fan ^^

Not today, but recently, i have set this up. I am very happy with it
(cardcaptor sakura in the background)

you can see the edge of my desk has been stripped of the cover. It's something that bothers me; however, it is a desk i have had for so long... it is not the right shape and annoying in many ways, but i cannot possibly part with it. i have a soft spot for the desk as it has been with me through many games and many locations

Attachments

• 20221210_214340.jpg
    20221210_214340.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'd just try to find a roll of wood-grain plastic veneer or contact paper to match and apply that, after scraping off the worn bits. Or, if I couldn't find that, I'd just buy a piece of wood trim and stain it a similar color and tack it on to the front edge of the desk.
When I wrote about it I was actually hoping someone would reply to me with a suggestion of a repair, and you have done this almost straight away of me posting, thank you kindly I will try this and update with the results!

December Haul #2

Another week, another batch of items arrived. Some that were delayed had finally emerged which is a relief.

WXGNVqTh.jpg

r4Lmwbeh.jpg

9sno2gIh.jpg

N6jymQ1h.jpg
MX1hdBth.jpg

zMR5Bybh.jpg

faB35y8h.jpg

iFVUgvzh.jpg
l9IDTm2h.jpg

MGRI6Hrh.jpg

53ySL0rh.jpg
ku1YRESh.jpg

vlsWPuJh.jpg

Mcz2nd1h.jpg

The Discotek Media package from United Publications that was supposed to have arrived about 3 weeks ago had finally appeared last Monday. Was a relief given that I couldn't track the package but it's here. Four more titles for the collection.

First we have Black Jack the Movie, the 1996 Tezuka Productions film directed by Osamu Dezaki. Discotek's released this one for years and figured I should grab it sooner than later, especially considering Tezuka's other film (Jungle Emperor Leo) went out of print. The cover art for the film looks cool too. Actually didn't realise Dezaki directed this which explains the character design on the Amaray artwork.

Next we have Fist of the North Star. All 152 episodes by Toei Animation and director Toyoo Ashida from the 1984 series & 1987 series. No need to explain this one. It's atatatatatatatata.

What makes Discotek great is they re-release titles from the Manga UK 18-rated era which was filled with films/OVAs that had lots of violence and sex etc. One of those was Genocyber, 1994 OVA series from Artmic & Artland studios and director Koichi Ohata, and it's basically classic sci-fi body horror so it was a no brainer to get. I did find it amusing that they went for SD-BD considering it's just five episodes but I can't argue.

Last but not least, we have a niche series which started off as a streaming only title before eventually going onto SD-BD. Miss Machiko, 1981 Studio Pierrot series from director Masami Anno. This cult ecchi series wouldn't work in today's standards, but this set has all 95 episodes of Maicchingu and fits the bill for 'it's niche so we won't reprint it if it sells out'.

HqebWPhh.jpg

55 Discotek titles since April 2022. Machine Robo: Battle Hackers is also on its way (once again shipped during a strike day which is another fail on UP1's part), followed by GaoGaiGar in January 2023.

sUNWpf0h.jpg

Last Tuesday, the PlayStation 5 game Relayer arrived from Red Art Games Black Friday sale. This is a Japanese tactical RPG that Kadokawa published and it's gotten mixed reviews (it's a low budget anime type game so it's no surprise) but the ideas had my interest ever since it was announced.

In recent months, they released a new version for PC called Relayer Advanced which is also a free update for console owners which is supposed to provide quality of life improvements so with that combined with the Black Friday sale discounting the game's physical copy by 50% helped.

This tactical RPG from Japan recently got a patch that added some stuff so now was probably a good time to pick it up.

tpcslqWh.jpg

Next we have Battle Royale which arrived last Thursday. The 4K Limited Edition set from Arrow Video was available on HMV's online store and I used their Black Friday box set discount to pick it up as they were one of the few retailers that had stock available for this version of the set (the Blu-ray version is still readily available).

The set includes 4K UHD versions for both the theatrical and director's cut for Battle Royale, and on Blu-ray we also have Battle Royale II: Requiem and its director's cut Battle Royale II: Revenge. The first film's original soundtrack CD, a booklet in the same usual Arrow Video format, a poster, a set of trump cards, and a large hardcover book on Kinji Fukasaku are also included. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

oUbx6wxh.jpg

Then on Friday, both parts for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 arrived. After checking to see how the UK variation of the LE turned out, I ordered both Part 1 and the Limited Edition Part 2 releases from Amazon UK as they were the cheapest (£53.99 for LE) done by the UK branch of Crunchyroll. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

ZZlS2r6h.jpg

And yesterday, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny finally appeared. The UK Ultimate Edition Blu-ray box set from Anime Limited covers all 50 HD Remaster episodes plus the original 2004 version, Special Edition films and C.E. 73 Stargazer OVA. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

g1gXPX7.jpg

I decided instead of waiting for the price of the PC version to drop, I'd grab the xbox version when it was cheap but not ass cheap as it was at least a week ago as I could have gotten it for £25 but ended up sitting on the fence a bit too long and paid £37 which is at least cheaper then what I would have paid for it at full price on either xbox or PC.

Back