What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

School days is a hentai game turned anime. The basic story is basically in the first chapter you choose 1 of 2 girls to be your girlfriend then after the first chapter you do your best to cheat on her as much as possible while trying to hide it from her.

Jesus christ. Well we'll see how I fair with it. The anime synopsis does not sound like that at all!

16440006451978728187588034677134.jpg

One anime and three games today.

Little backstory (if anyone cares 😅), I had a PS4 about three or four years ago but when I was away for Uni, I let a family member use it as they used it much more than me at the time, but then they sold it off without telling me and without going into detail, has cut off me and everyone else in my family so I'm never getting a replacement or the money from them unfortunately and due to that I sold off the small physical PS4 collection I had.

Anyway, I made use of Amazon's spend £15.00 get £5.00 off deal and coincidentally Jump Force was only £11.00+ and after the 8th it won't be available anymore and though it isn't a good game, best get it now I thought (already got the DLC in a PSN sale for next to nothing), and as I needed to spend enough for free delivery I noticed a few more PS4 games were only £5.00 / £6.00 so these three make the start of my new PS4 collection, I eventually want to get a PS5 so I'll have them ready for that when the time comes.

Golden Time (Part 2) (BD), Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4), New Gundam Breaker (PS4) and Jump Force (PS4).

20220204_190237.jpg

One anime and three games today.

Little backstory (if anyone cares 😅), I had a PS4 about three or four years ago but when I was away for Uni, I let a family member use it as they used it much more than me at the time, but then they sold it off without telling me and without going into detail, has cut off me and everyone else in my family so I'm never getting a replacement or the money from them unfortunately and due to that I sold off the small physical PS4 collection I had.

Anyway, I made use of Amazon's spend £15.00 get £5.00 off deal and coincidentally Jump Force was only £11.00+ and after the 8th it won't be available anymore and though it isn't a good game, best get it now I thought (already got the DLC in a PSN sale for next for nothing), and as I needed to spend enough for free delivery I noticed a few more PS4 games were only £5.00 / £6.00 so these three make the start of my new PS4 collection, I eventually want to get a PS5 so I'll have them ready for that when the time comes.

Golden Time (Part 2) (BD), Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4), New Gundam Breaker (PS4) and Jump Force (PS4).

View attachment 23050
Hope you didn't pay too much for New Gundam Breaker, it's a dumpster fire. A colony drop can't make that game good.

Post payday splurge netted me these:

IMG_20220204_192658583.jpg

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage and Deep Red: Argento classics, 4K releases from amazon. Really nice sets

Legendary Weapons of China: More Shaw Brothers goodness from 88 films

Criminal: Stanley Baker crime flick from Studio Canal

LifeBoat, The Lost Weekend, The Man from Laramie and Twilights Last Gleaming: Four master of cinema releases from Eureka. Never watched them but really looking forward to Lifeboat from Hitchcock and The Lost Weekend from Billy Wilder. Really liking my dive into the latters films.

Aldnoah Zero parts 1&2: Cheap on ebay. I know it's not supposed to bet amazing but I'll give it a go.

Hellsing Ultimate: Looking forward to rewatching this. Can't remember if i ever saw the last two chapters!

To be fair I don't really know anything about... School Days
I thought it was one of those infamous animes in the community that even if you haven't seen it (or played the VN) you'd eventually find out what happens through osmosis.
I've seen it mentioned by many an AniTubers and thus, sort of, know what happens, so probably won't ever watch it.

I thought it was one of those infamous animes in the community that even if you haven't seen it (or played the VN) you'd eventually find out what happens through osmosis.
I guess this will be my osmosis moment. But even having been into anime for over a decade I've never even heard of this one. More fool me apparently.

February Haul Week 1

A few packages between Tuesday to Friday.

nnVJjf2h.jpg

First up we have Chainsaw Man Volume 4, which I actually didn't expect to arrive soon considering the stock situation for the entire series. Now I own all of the currently available physical releases of the series, with Volumes 9, 10 & 11 remaining. Those last three volumes have been pre-ordered so that I can get them sooner than later.

oPhpn1Uh.jpg

Next we have Denis Villeneuve's Dune Part One on 4K Ultra HD. I did watch Dune for the first time yesterday and it's really good, especially the music and presentation. It's not the full story obviously but what was shown was investing and I look forward to Part Two when that gets released (currently scheduled for October 2023).

YsaeO7bh.jpg

Arrived yesterday is the Steelbook release of Interspecies Reviewers from Rightstuf & Critical Mass Video. Price was not to my preference, but it's better than Sentai's pricing on steelbooks. This is not a barebones release at least, there's a fair few extras on the disc. The book is neat, though I do wish they could have included character designs and interviews from the staff if those were available.

You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

Typical. You wait four years for more UY on Blu-ray (Beautiful Dreamer was February 2018, god damn) and two turn up in a week. Don't like Remember My Love that much - too sentimental and Ataru spends most of the film as a pink hippo - but... it's UY.

Being an upscale of an early digipaint show, I was never eager to upgrade Niea_7, much as I like it. But since Discotek releases can suddenly become hard to find, I figured now was the time.

20220205_121626.jpg

Typical. You wait four years for more UY on Blu-ray (Beautiful Dreamer was February 2018, god damn) and two turn up in a week. Don't like Remember My Love that much - too sentimental and Ataru spends most of the film as a pink hippo - but... it's UY.

Being an upscale of an early digipaint show, I was never eager to upgrade Niea_7, much as I like it. But since Discotek releases can suddenly become hard to find, I figured now was the time.

View attachment 23075
Would be pretty neat of MVM to license Niea_7 to go with their other Yoshitoshi ABe series

Back