What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Got these today, sadly, I couldn’t find Mr. Vampire with the OOP slipcover anywhere.
af2ymahcd0f81.jpg

And everything I got in January 2022!
vg4wwimid0f81.jpg
That is a crazy haul for just one month!
Where did you manage to find Zu Warriors if you don't mind me asking? It's one of the only slip editions I'm missing (along with Iron Monkey).

And yes, Mr. Vampire was one of those rare titles that sold out in the first week or so of release and I've never seen anywhere since.

Got Zu Warriors from a local store here in Denmark, they have some OOP releases, but they come at a higher price of course as they import all their titles. I paid around £28 for it :D
That's not too bad a price to be fair. I was bidding on one on ebay last week but when it got to £45 I backed off fast 😂

Got these today, sadly, I couldn’t find Mr. Vampire with the OOP slipcover anywhere.
af2ymahcd0f81.jpg

And everything I got in January 2022!
vg4wwimid0f81.jpg

Great haul. I have Mr.Vampire in slip but out of these I am missing slips on Heart of Dragon and The Master, so win some you lose some ha.

I've also skipped a few titles here that I'm not really interested in like Zu Warriors, Come Drink with Me and Bride with White Hair.

I'm going to buy the Arrow USA release of 8 Diagram Pole, new restoration.

Last edited:
I received two packages today, the first one from DeepDiscount with a 15% Off offer, and the second one from Amazon. The DeepDiscount order is a very rare occurrence for me - I actually picked up 4 DVD sets(!) to add to my collection that I wanted copies of for a long time, so finally grabbed the cheap Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. editions:

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Anime Classics DVD
Air S.A.V.E. Edition DVD
Kanon S.A.V.E. Edition DVD
Tsubasa/xxxHolic Movies S.A.V.E. Edition DVD

The 4th DVD I picked up just for the xxxHolic Movie, to compliment the US DVD Box set I have shipping from Japan

bgcairkanonholic.jpg

This is the Tsubasa/xxxHolic SAVE edition with the cover reversed:

xxxholictsubasa.jpg

Here are the 3 additional B2 Snap Frames I received for mounting Japanese anime posters on my theater room walls:

4b2frames.jpg

Last edited:
I received two packages today, the first one from DeepDiscount with a 15% Off offer, and the second one from Amazon. The DeepDiscount order is a very rare occurrence for me - I actually picked up 4 DVD sets(!) to add to my collection that I wanted copies of for a long time, so finally grabbed the cheap Anime Classics and S.A.V.E. editions:

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Anime Classics DVD
Air S.A.V.E. Edition DVD
Kanon S.A.V.E. Edition DVD
Tsubasa/xxxHolic Movies S.A.V.E. Edition DVD

The 4th DVD I picked up just for the xxxHolic Movie, to compliment the US DVD Box set I have shipping from Japan

bgcairkanonholic.jpg

3 additional B2 Snap Frames for mounting Japanese anime posters on my theater room walls:

4b2frames.jpg

I can post a few photos of my lovely Air DVD boxset from ADV if you want? :)

Sure, that's what this thread is for, right? I am totally blind-buying both Air and Kanon, so I don't know if I will even care for them yet, so I went with cheap releases rather than hunting down rare or OOP box sets. All I know is that they get sad like Clannad, which is why I bought them. No idea if there is any guy-girl romance, or if the series are more drama or comedy, and I'll have to get used to the big eyes for sure.

Gosh, I need to get back into this, I'd left it off after catching up a sometime back thanks to crunchyroll's manga and decided I'd wait for it to maybe finish first. That cover certainly looks intriguing as if the endgame is in sight?
And question answered heh, definitely time to get back into it then.
As a heads up it turns out there are 9 volumes not 8! Volume 9 is out in June but the individual chapters are available digitally and it is definitely the end of the story as I've just read them.

GM5gNTz.jpg

And for those wondering why I made this purchase just months after I got another mechanical keyboard, the F1 key on the last keyboard decided to take die for no reason so I decided to keep that as a pet project for whenever I can replace the failed key switch, but this one is miles better as it is stupid heavy and has replaceable key switches (and came with 4 spare switches and all the hardware required to remove the keycaps and the switches) all for twice the price I paid for the last mechanical keyboard.

GM5gNTz.jpg

And for those wondering why I made this purchase just months after I got another mechanical keyboard, the F1 key on the last keyboard decided to take die for no reason so I decided to keep that as a pet project for whenever I can replace the failed key switch, but this one is miles better as it is stupid heavy and has replaceable key switches (and came with 4 spare switches and all the hardware required to remove the keycaps and the switches) all for twice the price I paid for the last mechanical keyboard.
Huh, I had no idea that there are mechanical keyboards where you can't easily replace broken key-switches, and now that I've looked into it I see that mine is one of them. 🤬 This despite it being one of the top recommendations everywhere I looked when I was shopping around (Fnatic MiniStreak). I always thought half the point of mechanical keyboards was that they wouldn't become useless if one key breaks. So much for that theory.

I'm still using my trusty old IBM Model M keyboard from 1987, I use it daily on my home PC, and love those loud klicky buckling spring switches, because I really pound on the keys when I type - it was great for playing PC games back in the days when I did play a few. Nothing has ever broken or failed on this tank of a keyboard!

Two titles arrived today from Hive.

I have Collection 2 of Golden Time on the way from CeX as the series is slowly becoming harder to find (Part 2 more than Part 1) so jumped on it now while it's still cheap. I also finished Toradora! not to long ago and I really enjoyed that and I know this is from the same author.

Kakegurui I'm still quite surprised at how cheap I got it for considering it's a new release.

Golden Time (Part 1) (BD) and Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler (Collector's Edition) (BD)

20220203_092827.jpg

Back