What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I'm still using my trusty old IBM Model M keyboard from 1987, I use it daily on my home PC, and love those loud klicky buckling spring switches, because I really pound on the keys when I type - it was great for playing PC games back in the days when I did play a few. Nothing has ever broken or failed on this tank of a keyboard!
All that clicking would drive me up the wall. I went with Cherry Red Silent switches for the sake of my sanity.

The received wisdom is that the clicky, tactile blue switches are better for typing and the quiet, linear reds are better for gaming, but I find reds fine for typing. Back when I used cheap rubber dome keyboards, my fingertips always used to feel like I'd been bashing them against a wall once I'd been typing for a while.

Huh, I had no idea that there are mechanical keyboards where you can't easily replace broken key-switches, and now that I've looked into it I see that mine is one of them. 🤬 This despite it being one of the top recommendations everywhere I looked when I was shopping around (Fnatic MiniStreak). I always thought half the point of mechanical keyboards was that they wouldn't become useless if one key breaks. So much for that theory.
Yeah some brands like Razer I imagine that try their hardest to not use industry standard cherry mx keys might be one example. Though I'm guilty as well as I own a Razer keyboard and mouse lol.

Yeah some brands like Razer I imagine that try their hardest to not use industry standard cherry mx keys might be one example. Though I'm guilty as well as I own a Razer keyboard and mouse lol.
Fnatic use Cherry key-switches, which was why I assumed they would snap in, but they're apparently soldered to the PCB. Of course this only becomes an issue if a key actually breaks, and even then there's the option of soldering in a new one. I haven't used a soldering iron since high school though, and that was a loooong time ago.

During the time I was posting all of those rounds of Japanese B2 anime posters in here, I had a chance to acquire some supplies for my new anime poster hobby. I decided on a method to make swapping out my posters in the snap frames in my theater room a very easy process. I found a company near me in New York that specializes in archival poster storage, and they have a lot of supplies in stock specifically for for Japanese B2 posters. So I picked up some polyethelene poster sleeves, thin archival backer panels, some white cotton gloves, and two B2 sized poster storage boxes. I also bought a roll of kraft paper to use as a mechanism to un-curl rolled posters so they lay flat in order to put them into the sleeves. And, I got a freebie gift with my order, a 6 foot, retractable metal tape that measures in both inches and centimeters, which will be very useful when working with posters!

I plan to put two posters back to back with a backer panel in between them, and slide all three pieces into a protective sleeve. The loaded sleeves can then be kept inside the storage boxes I got, and when I want to swap out or rotate posters in my theater, I can just pick out whichever sleeves have the posters I want to display, and snap the entire sleeve into the poster frames on the wall. Should work out great, in theory... right? 🤔

postersupplies.jpg

I'm still using my trusty old IBM Model M keyboard from 1987, I use it daily on my home PC, and love those loud klicky buckling spring switches, because I really pound on the keys when I type - it was great for playing PC games back in the days when I did play a few. Nothing has ever broken or failed on this tank of a keyboard!
I did too for ages, regret getting rid of it but got a lower profile steelseries 10 years ago with Cherry blacks (closest to the model M's attenuation apparently) .
Sadly it has had to be temporarily retired as it wakes the baby when I am coding late night!

My main computer at home is setup down in my basement, with no baby in the house. My two girls are in their twenties and long moved out, and it's just my two elderly parents living with me now. So, I can pound on my IBM klicky-klack keys to my heart's content, as no one can hear me scream type downstairs... :)

OK who's gonna tell him? XP
Me

To be fair I don't really know anything about either of those or School Days. I was getting the Hidamari Sketch OVAs and ended up buying a few random things that were realitively cheap alongside

School days is a hentai game turned anime. The basic story is basically in the first chapter you choose 1 of 2 girls to be your girlfriend then after the first chapter you do your best to cheat on her as much as possible while trying to hide it from her.

Back