What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Being slightly disappointed with the NGE offerings for non-UE editions, I instead got the French Darling in the FranXX CE :)

These editions are numbered, mine was 1060/2000 on the certificate.

W8zAdbs.jpg

Got a really cool unexpected gift today. A buddy of mine visited me and brought me an early wedding present. No More Heroes & No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle collectors editions for Switch from Limited Run Games. This set has a ton of nice stuff. Magnetic boxes that connect with each other (pic 1) steelbooks and regular packaging for both games, CD Soundtracks for both games, a reversible poster for each game, a hardback interview and art book for each game and also a Flag and trading cards.

I love this series and was GUTTED when the physical editions sold out on limited run's site. I'd have settled for the regular physical editions since these limited run produced copies are the only way to get them physically for Switch they're usually download only. Had half expected to pay a silly price on ebay for these further down the line.

Very much looking forward to revisiting the streets of Santa Destroy and reminding myself of the plot points I'd forgotten then jumping into No More Heroes 3 which was released last week.20210905_010920.jpg20210905_011009.jpg

View attachment 20705
These arrived today: Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 from eBay and Labyrinth 35th Anniversary Edition from Zavvi.

I've made the link between these 2!
Labyrinth is one of my fave childhood films but seeing it on blu-ray left me scarred by Bowie's crotch which must have bee mutilated by the end of filming; I really don't think I could handle seeing it in 4k.... Cyberpunk is very much the game equivalent of Bowie's mutilated post-Labyrinth scrotum.

A package containing some items from the RS summer sale and a selection of Funi titles arrived in time for my birthday.

Happy birthday! I hope you enjoy your bigg ginormous haul of animus :)

Got a really cool unexpected gift today. A buddy of mine visited me and brought me an early wedding present. No More Heroes & No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle collectors editions for Switch from Limited Run Games. This set has a ton of nice stuff. Magnetic boxes that connect with each other (pic 1) steelbooks and regular packaging for both games, CD Soundtracks for both games, a reversible poster for each game, a hardback interview and art book for each game and also a Flag and trading cards.

I love this series and was GUTTED when the physical editions sold out on limited run's site. I'd have settled for the regular physical editions since these limited run produced copies are the only way to get them physically for Switch they're usually download only. Had half expected to pay a silly price on ebay for these further down the line.

Very much looking forward to revisiting the streets of Santa Destroy and reminding myself of the plot points I'd forgotten then jumping into No More Heroes 3 which was released last week.View attachment 20710View attachment 20711

OMG you're getting married that's so exciting congratulations! XD

Oh also I finally received Overlord Seasons 2-3 on Blu-ray from Zavvi (I ordered S1 from CEX after Zavvi couldn't get it for me). Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul Blu-ray arrived at the usual however many weeks before release time as I preordered it, I also got Jem and the Holograms The Complete Animated Series on DVD from CEX as I wanted to finish watching it (need to figure out what ep I was on but I'm pretty sure I got partway through S3) :)

Being slightly disappointed with the NGE offerings for non-UE editions, I instead got the French Darling in the FranXX CE :)

These editions are numbered, mine was 1060/2000 on the certificate.

W8zAdbs.jpg
Ah that is a lovely set from @João Gomes earlier photos, I am just reminded of the need to get one before it sells out very slowly...Where did you order it from, if you don't mind me asking, and any customs taxation?

Very much looking forward to revisiting the streets of Santa Destroy and reminding myself of the plot points I'd forgotten then jumping into No More Heroes 3 which was released last week.View attachment 20710View attachment 20711
Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! That sounds & looks like a pretty impressive set, Funimation should eat their heart out, but then again I doubt they care heh.

Ah that is a lovely set from @João Gomes earlier photos, I am just reminded of the need to get one before it sells out very slowly...Where did you order it from, if you don't mind me asking, and any customs taxation?

I just ordered it from amazon.fr. No customs or anything if you order from Amazon usually, think it was 51 EUR + some delivery on top, which after conversion fees seems to be around 48 GBP as I don't have a fee-free card for foreign transactions.

Disks don't have English on of course but Zavvi put the regular ones on sale every so often, so you could probably swap the disks in for English versions if you wanted to.

@RadFemHedonist and @Geriatric hedgehog

Thanks! It's been delayed a few times due to Covid (along with our planned honeymoon to Japan) originally it would have been Oct 3rd 2020 (anniversary of the day we met) then it got changed to this year (next month originally) however problems with our venue due to Covid mean it's had to be moved again. Eventually we abandoned the idea of the anniversary date in favour of just getting married sooner in 2022 and went for July 30th. We also found on our last meeting with the venue that they could no longer host the reception so we still have our original venue for the ceremony but have had to find a new reception venue, all sorted now though.
As for Japan obviously that's on hold for now............we're thinking 2023? Maybe? Depends on what happens post-olympics in Japan.

The funny thing about the pressie was that my best man ordered it from Limited Run and hung onto it with the intention of giving it to me next month until we changed the date again..... but he had a feeling with the 3rd game coming out I might go ebay hunting so he brought it yesterday when he was visiting his family.

The funny thing about the pressie was that my best man ordered it from Limited Run and hung onto it with the intention of giving it to me next month until we changed the date again.....
That is a good friend right there! And honeymoon in Japan sounds perfectly idyllic. I do hope you guys get to go eventually and all the best for the preparations, they can be quite a minefield especially with the wedding tax slapped on to on every single item/service possible...
I just ordered it from amazon.fr. No customs or anything if you order from Amazon usually, think it was 51 EUR + some delivery on top, which after conversion fees seems to be around 48 GBP as I don't have a fee-free card for foreign transactions.

Disks don't have English on of course but Zavvi put the regular ones on sale every so often, so you could probably swap the disks in for English versions if you wanted to.
Thanks for the info dude, much appreciated. I shall do the same and I've got the UK discs so yup the plan is very much to swap them around heh.

Oh also I finally received Overlord Seasons 2-3 on Blu-ray from Zavvi (I ordered S1 from CEX after Zavvi couldn't get it for me). Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul Blu-ray arrived at the usual however many weeks before release time as I preordered it, I also got Jem and the Holograms The Complete Animated Series on DVD from CEX as I wanted to finish watching it (need to figure out what ep I was on but I'm pretty sure I got partway through S3) :)
I also received my copy of Overlord s2 from Zavvi the other day. How was yours? because mine arrived in the weirdest state 😅 s2 blu ray case cellophane wrapped but with a Overlord s3 slipcover over!!! The most random thing ever! Haha

Awesome, Gemsy-chan! - my Moriarty Volumes 5 & 6 arrived at my house on the day of my surgery, so I will finally get to see them later today, as I'm being discharged from the hospital within the next few hours. Can't wait to get home after 11 days in the hospital - I swear they stuck me 50 times a day while I was in there!!

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

💿 Blu-ray

View attachment 20433
This is POWER! DVC5SE + Arknights Ch'en + Lupin 3rd Part IV CE + New MVM release w/ extra blurry special fan service ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) reversible cover 😵

side note: What is with this "bootleg looking" BD art cover!? My camera makes it look decent but seeing it with the human eye is another story. It's pretty fugly but I have no plans to display the NSFW ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) cover anyway so not too fussed (ㆁωㆁ)

PACKAGE DROP
「week start ver.」

Keeping it short and sweet by cramming multiple arrivals from the past couple days 🔥

IMG20210830174555.jpgIMG20210906193150.jpgIMG20210906193114.jpgPolish_20210906_194838122.jpg

A couple of anime goodies delivered today, finally got the Blu Ray set for Garden of Sinners with a 40% discount on the Zavvi sale, and also got Kado The Right Answer, a bit of a blind buy after watching the trailer.

View attachment 20726
Can't go wrong with Garden of Sinners. Kado's on my watchlist based on the great first half of Babylon (but let's not talk about the equally dull second half, which also means I keep expectations for Kado low!).

Back