What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Princess Tutu blu-ray arrived discs loose when I opened it and the hub (that center thing) which holds the disc 3 is broken... Also the hubs for discs 1 and 2 seem to be defective; they are not broken but they don't properly hold the discs, instead the discs keep getting loose and fall off.
View attachment 20624View attachment 20625
I have so many like that, especially from America. They claim they use less plastic which is good for the environment but it makes it so weak they may as well just toss them in paper slips and send them out. Just popping the disks out seems to yield a 50% chance of breaking the damn things.

I have so many like that, especially from America. They claim they use less plastic which is good for the environment but it makes it so weak they may as well just toss them in paper slips and send them out. Just popping the disks out seems to yield a 50% chance of breaking the damn things.
It does f all for the environment I'm afraid, if anything it's worse since it potentially results in more thrown out amaray cases in landfills. But it's marketing spin on reducing materials to save on costs.

It does f all for the environment I'm afraid, if anything it's worse since it potentially results in more thrown out amaray cases in landfills. But it's marketing spin on reducing materials to save on costs.
I 100% agree that it's just PR balls. I do like normal,single disk US film releases though as their Slimline cases mean you can fit 3 in the same space as a standard UK disk (got a lot of chinese/Japanese films from USA)

I quite like the elite 4-6 way Blu ray cases (But I re-house alot of my disc's, say 2 parts of 2 disc get re-housed in an elite 4 way case).
But yes that 4 prong set up does lead to the breaking occasionally and I have only come across the very odd one that doesn't really hold the disc/ defective (basically I think it due to them not giving enough thickness for the disc)
But certainly won't disagree that they are not as durable as a lot of the other disc cases.

There is a variant from the elite cases that has a thin ring of 3 prongs and a center circle, which I thought they might be trying to bring in as an alternative to the 4 prong version, but they've been around for a while and I don't seem to see to many of them. So maybe one day.

j6VHSQd.jpg

amN2kiqh.jpg

fUOWvKXh.jpg
LLn0YlHh.jpg
cp4uqVjh.jpg

Another batch of books today with Goblin Slayer light novel volume 4 from Yen Press and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs manga volume 12 from Seven Seas.

Goblin Slayer I mentioned before was part of the previous order but was shipped separately because the stock was in Germany. Yuuna on the other hand was out of stock completely in the UK so I had to order it from Amazon France which was fulfilled by Amazon themselves so it arrived at a good pace though I did have to pay a bit more than SRP to acquire it.

uMkojQkh.jpg

2EYE9ZVh.png

My shelf row is almost full.

Back