What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It was my birthday on Saturday and I was massively spoiled by everyone. Got a very good haul for a 41 year old! All the stuff on the first pic was from my fiancee and family. The second and third pics are what I decided to pick up for myself as an extra treat. If anyone loves Haruhiko Mikimoto's art you owe it to yourself to pick up this book which has just been released in English. Not often stuff like this gets a release, particularly since most of the shows featured are oldies like Gunbuster, Gundam: War in the pocket, Orguss etc.
Also: Classsic Transformers from the studio 86 line because I'm a big kid.
Would love that Mikimoto artbook but after some research the English release seems to be missing ~40 pages from the Japanese version likely covering his work on the Macross franchise. Still looks to be a fantastic artbook though so I'll definitely look into getting either version at some point.

mu8NHQbh.jpg

jugf3v0h.jpg

LydJvuph.jpg

EPa2bZxh.jpg

Today's arrival is Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for the PlayStation 3. Acquired during the panic buying saga, this game was released during the final years of the console's lifespan and has been considered to be the weakest in the series (makes sense considering it's not developed by the same studio as the original trilogy). Like some of Ratchet & Clank's games, this instalment has been going up in value and while I did spend £13 more than I would have wanted, it was sealed so a better conditioned case is better than a messy one!

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is also the 110th PlayStation 3 game for the collection. With the stores continuing now, I will still continue to pick up more games over the coming months but I do not expect the prices to lower for certain titles.

Would love that Mikimoto artbook but after some research the English release seems to be missing ~40 pages from the Japanese version likely covering his work on the Macross franchise. Still looks to be a fantastic artbook though so I'll definitely look into getting either version at some point.
It's a shame it doesn't include Macross but as you say it's still pretty great. I already have a good Macross artbook for the original show, need to pick some up some for DYRL/Plus and II. I considered getting the Japanese version of the book but I went with this one due to the English text. I hope more people pick it up as hopefully it'll increase our chances of getting more stuff like this released in the US and UK.

PACKAGE DROP
week start ver. 「retake」

BLU-RAY
Snagged a last copy of FB S1 Part 1. This set sold out way too fast during release 😰 A Premium Edition of RG and other UK standards to compliment the weekend/Monday delivery ✌️

View attachment 18326

GAME
VNs for the Switch and 2x Brand New OOP PS4 Collector's Edition sets from CEX 🌝 Another person's clutter is another person's treasure 💎 Though I guess it's the common case of desperate measures.​

View attachment 18330

FIGURE
A 1/7 scale of Utaha Kasumigaoka from Saekano. alphamax back at it again with the fine details and superb paint job 🔥🖌️

View attachment 18327

PACKAGE DROP
「week start ver.」

BLU-RAY
JOJO BDs: "Oh? You're approaching us?
Instead of catching up to your endless backlog, you're coming right to us?"
SAHO: "Backlog can wait. I can't watch the sh*t out of you without starting sooner."
JOJO BDs: "Oh ho! Then start as soon as you like."​

Lost myself for a second. A Stand was playing tricks with my mind there 🌝

On to the main topic, these JoJo LE sets are a real eye candy 😍 Grabbed these sets just in time for Stone Ocean. For some strange reason I hadn't even finished Part 1 yet (pre-bland taste in Anime) . Here's to a long journey before Part 6 drops 🔥

Polish_20210420_195358950.png

PACKAGE DROP
「week start ver.」

BLU-RAY
JOJO BDs: "Oh? You're approaching us?
Instead of catching up to your endless backlog, you're coming right to us?"
SAHO: "Backlog can wait. I can't watch the sh*t out of you without starting sooner."
JOJO BDs: "Oh ho! Then start as soon as you like."​

Lost myself for a second. A Stand was playing tricks with my mind there 🌝

On to the main topic, these JoJo LE sets are a real eye candy 😍 Grabbed these sets just in time for Stone Ocean. For some strange reason I hadn't even finished Part 1 yet (pre-bland taste in Anime) . Here's to a long journey before Part 6 drops 🔥

View attachment 18352
PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

BLU-RAY
More US imports drop ♪┌|∵|┘♪

Polish_20210421_194626303.png
Hanebado, the kind of Anime where you believe you're watching encouraging and wholesome sportsmanship. Only to realise you just stumbled into the psychological scene.

a69111e08b3564871dbf301618c8238b.gif

We actually got our hands on this home release 🎉🎊 (yes, I'm another tortured soul with a missing stamp book)

Polish_20210421_195003650.png

FIGURE
Nendoroid package from COMICTOYZ
Use code TOYZ10 at checkout and save 10% on orders over £30!

Polish_20210421_195605662.png

Last edited:
Back