What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Arrived today from Zavvi:

img_0124_wynik.jpg

The misplaced parcel / batch of parcels from AllTheAnime sale that dispatched on the 8th has been found (or I assuming so). So if your also still awaiting a parcel from that batch, you may want to check you tracking numbers as they might have udated (got another parcel in Jubilee that was dispatched on the 8th)

View attachment 16789
i wonder if Gurren Lagann is a printing accident, i asked about it when i got the silver cover version last year and was told something along the lines of that they had lost the rights to use that art and had to use the other (silver cover) instead

IMAG0138.jpg
My complete Anime Limited Christmas sale order just arrived, only two months late. Most of these are upgrades to shows I have on DVD, so I'll be interested to compare the quality in each case.

Hi-Evolution 1 is the only time I've bought a DVD when a Blu-ray is easily available. It didn't seem worth paying so much extra when I know I'll only ever watch the first 25 minutes.

Merry Christmas 2.0!
K-on Christmas.jpeg

znJbfiEh.jpg

Today's arrival is Super Robot Wars X from Bandai Namco via the Bazaar Bazaar eBay store because they had 2 copies remaining when I ordered it. For some reason, SRW X out of the three in the "International era" series is always the rarest to acquire, as SRW V is readily available while SRW T is the newest one. Anyway I had been slacking when it came to Asian English imports for the video game collection and after finishing Code Geass I remembered that series was featured in SRW X so I wanted to grab a copy sooner than later. Play-Asia's status was "out of print / sold out" so eBay was the last resort so I was very lucky. It was not cheap to acquire, but it was pretty much the same price as I would pay to import it from Play-Asia either way.

hFT0erth.jpg

SRW X is a tactical RPG featuring characters from different mecha anime franchises. In this instalment we have Aura Battler Dunbine, Buddy Complex, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon, various Gundam titles including Gundam: Reconguista in G (lol), Gurren Lagann, Mashin Hero Wataru, Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, and The Unchallengeable Daitarn 3.

gGwk3c9h.jpg

r5BW8DAh.jpg

6Q5l6Lph.jpg

WToUpCjh.jpg

i wonder if Gurren Lagann is a printing accident, i asked about it when i got the silver cover version last year and was told something along the lines of that they had lost the rights to use that art and had to use the other (silver cover) instead
I take it by silver cover one you mean the one with Kamina facing away/backwards with grey/ silver background.
If so could well be, but could have also re-bought the rights as they needed to do some printing runs (maybe even because BBFC logo changed) I think they used silver/grey one in the collectors edition

I actually have the ultimate edition, I just kinda needed an extra for BOGOF / vaguly hoped (but didn't check) this edition might not have the slight error in (I'm gonna assume it does, the error I think is 30 sec of footage that is SD instead of HD)

Edit:
Oh and Black clover S2
20210130_143920.jpg

I just received these two today in the mail - El Cazador de la Bruja Part 1 and Part 2 thinpak sets - considering my username here, I guess it was only inevitable that I eventually buy this series, lol... 😁

Woah, I bought these off an eBay seller, and for being as old of a release as these DVD sets are, they are totally immaculate, as Mint as they could possibly be - still sealed, and not a ding, scratch, dent, or mark on them, with perfect, sharp corners on both of the slipboxes. They look like they just came off the manufacturing line 10 minutes ago - still warm, with melty chocolate chips, lol! 🤤

elcazador1.jpg

elcazador2.jpg

Back