What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

n39a916kd9f61.jpg
You have excellent taste in anime with that purchase, there's many of my favourites in that selection.

snpKqvg.jpg

It's amazing the kind of stuff I was listening to some years ago.
ebnrvkV.jpg

I only got this because it has a track that was on one of my hand me down 7" (I can't complain given the £4.49 I paid).

Sf1K6iO.jpg

And this might have been the icing on the cake if the headphone socket wasn't knackered (I could only get audio out of one channel) and the tracking force was over a gram more then the recommended for that audio technica stylus, but to give credit to GPO they did respond to my message on Amazon within an hour stating that they'd raise the tracking force issue with the factory and requested that I request a return to replace this unit.
Edit: And that went down the can rather quickly as the option I was told to select that would give me a pre-paid returns label wasn't there and the closest option I could select didn't, so I've scrapped the return and shot GPO another message and if I don't get another quick response (or they don't respond) I'm just going to cut my losses (at £65, it's going to be a big loss for someone with my limited financial resources) and keep it as I was never intending to use the headphone socket to begin with (the RCA jacks on the back work as intended and if the bluetooth is functional, then I just have to hope that I won't have any issues pairing it up with another device like my computer which I'm hoping will act as an audio passthrough).

Last edited:
@demonix if you bought on Amazon, even via a 3rd party seller, you should be able to return for free if it's faulty. Just go onto their live chat and see what they say.

If you don't abuse their refunds much, they may even write it off or give you a partial refund or something if it's still usable but a bit faulty.

My copy of ID: Invaded arrived. If anyone wants the Funi code it's VE28-5FV6-8CA6-YAKT-NE0T - first come first served I guess :)

20210203_163952.jpg

Did you order these directly from Madman, or did you order them from JB Hi-Fi prior to them stopping UK deliveries?
I picked up the Collection set from Amazon.co.uk, whilst the Exclusive Extras disc was acquired from an eBay seller. I believe it was only available via the 13-disc Blu Ray box otherwise.

@HWR You might already know this, but the Exclusive Extras BD doesn’t include the “Diamonds and Lemons” episode (the back of the box incorrectly states it does).

I just thought I’d let you know in case that was the reason you bought it (and hopefully you’ve not opened it if that was the case) 😅

@HWR You might already know this, but the Exclusive Extras BD doesn’t include the “Diamonds and Lemons” episode (the back of the box incorrectly states it does).

I just thought I’d let you know in case that was the reason you bought it (and hopefully you’ve not opened it if that was the case) 😅
Yes I had heard this but thank you for highlighting the issue to me regardless.

c88eMhdh.jpg

Today's arrival is Sion Sono's Himizu from Third Window Films on Blu-ray. This film apparently went out of print, probably last year when the distributor mentioned the DVD release was gone, so I was able to find a copy at regular price on CeX online and it arrived in very solid condition (haven't checked the discs yet though). I seem to recall this film never turned up in any of the sales and was always in and out of stock across various retailers, granted I thought it would stay in print because of the director until I found out that the Blu-ray came out in 2012 lol.

tZhr8Tfh.jpg

Currently there's now 23 films left to get for my TWF Blu-ray collection. I plan to get Ruined Heart and Gemini next, the former is almost out of print (less than 100 units remain overall) and the latter's slipcover is almost sold out. Other than that I have a handful of films that I have yet to acquire so the remaining titles are as follows:
  1. TWFBD012 - The Land of Hope
  2. TWFBD013 - Tokyo Fist
  3. TWFBD014 - Bullet Ballet
  4. TWFBD018 - Greatful Dead
  5. TWFBD020 - A Snake of June
  6. TWFBD021 - Ruined Heart: Another Lovestory Between a Criminal and a Whore
  7. TWFBD023 - Kikujiro
  8. TWFBD024 - Dolls
  9. TWFBD025 - Uzumasa Limelight
  10. TWFBD026 - Love & Peace
  11. TWFBD027 - A Scene at the Sea
  12. TWFBD028 - Kids Return
  13. TWFBD031 - Destruction Babies
  14. TWFBD032 - Fires on the Plain
  15. TWFBD033 - Getting Any?
  16. TWFBD035 - Love and Other Cults
  17. TWFBD036 - The Whispering Star / The Sion Sono
  18. TWFBD039 - Suffering of Ninko
  19. TWFBD051 - Fish Story
  20. TWFBD052 - Melancholic
  21. TWFBD053 - The Taste of Tea
  22. TWFBD054 - Gemini
  23. TWFBD056 - Pink Films Vol. 5 & 6: Women Hell Song / Underwater Love [Coming March 2021]

3/4 from the items i bought from MVM sale. I was actually going to do one more order but there was problem with worldpay so i couldn't.

MVM.jpg

Anyways. These's weren't super cheap but like i sad before, brexit is ruining UK importing so this was probably one of the last times i could do anime importing for decent price. These are all movies that i don't want to miss out owning.

Back