What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Another batch today, this time it's the Christmas 2020 haul. I had a budget and I was able to request a lot of these as the prices were lower than expected, and it's pretty much one of the best Christmas hauls I have had in a long while. Let's dig in.

bkTkxduh.jpg

First up, we have the anime section - now this is the weakest part but still great to receive regardless. Thanks to Anime Limited's Buy One Get One Free section I was able to not only acquire all of Durarara!!x2 but also Black Butler: Book of Circus before their sets sell out. My mum was very impressed with that sale no joke.

qnk98MGh.jpg

Next we have the light novel section - much like the Birthday 2020 haul I wanted to also acquire volumes for series I already started as well as new ones. There were stock or price issues but I was able to select High School DxD Volume 1, How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Volume 3, and Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Volume 2. Noice.

2Ep6Avth.jpg

Next we have the manga section - keeping the spirit of Junji Ito alive like last year, the title I have chosen for this batch is his manga adaptation of Osamu Dazai's No Longer Human. I love the hardcover presentation which is what grabbed my interest for this book.

1Gq9RrIh.jpg

Next we have the video game section - Code Vein and Sakura Wars finally joins my collection. Both are titles that were on my priority list but I wanted to wait for the right opportunity to pick them up, and that opportunity finally came throughout Black Friday.

UKplVMUh.jpg

Next we have the Asian Cinema section - now I know many folks knew I bought too many Japanese films in the past and now this year has honestly been the year of Hong Kong films. Last year some may remember I received Jackie Chan's Police Story & Project-A, and now this time the spotlight has gone to everyone with John Woo's Last Hurrah for Chivalry + Hand of Death, Lo Wei's New Fist of Fury starring Jackie Chan, and Sammo Hung's Eastern Condors, The Iron-Fisted Monk and The Magnificent Butcher, all on Blu-ray and uncut. Can confirm these Eureka sets are the second print run versions so they don't have booklets which is fine as you can't get everything asap (slipcovers are the norm for these sets).

Additional items are in the spoiler tags below:
Next are some more T-Shirts - we have a Gundam, Naruto and CHAINSAW MAN shirt:

myylO4jh.jpg

m3rnbcYh.jpg

OYT9BqQh.jpg

Finally are some chocolates - because nom nom nom.

D2tRUFth.jpg

qX3AlgPh.jpg

Unboxings for some of these will be on my blog later today depending on timing.

Just a quick post without the summary. Short and sweet ✅

Million Arthur BD from @Denny Fisher
More cool Blu-rays/DVD found here 🔻

Polish_20201225_191409600.pngPolish_20201225_192036360.png

I received one more surprise anime shipment in the mail today before Christmas, this order from Funimation. They actually arrived with no damage to the slipcovers:

Seven Deadly Sins Season 1 Part 1 BD/DVD
Seven Deadly Sins Season 1 Part 2 BD/DVD
Witch Hunter Robin DVD

sdsinswhrobin.jpg
i wonder if they bothered to fix the mess of an animation on the newest season on blu-ray in japan or is it still the same low quality mess that it was on netflix

NICE! Does the Part 1 blu ray boxset fit in the rigid box?
Yep. The limited edition is designed to provide a slot for both Part 1 and Part 2 regular sets with the artbook. The cardboard spare box that has the artcards, keychains and sticker, will have to be placed elsewhere though. It's a similar case for other limited editions like RADIANT and The Rising of the Shield Hero.

T2QuyA7l.jpg

Yep. The limited edition is designed to provide a slot for both Part 1 and Part 2 regular sets with the artbook. The cardboard spare box that has the artcards, keychains and sticker, will have to be placed elsewhere though. It's a similar case for other limited editions like RADIANT and The Rising of the Shield Hero.

T2QuyA7l.jpg
Thanks, thought that was the case, will order mine as well. :)

Welcome to the forum. If your day one order hasn't shipepd yet it won't ship before January 4 as AL is closed down until then.

I made one order for over a 100£ and it hasn't shipped yet either.

Well, at least something is passing through USPS hubs over here in the States, even with the huge package pile-ups everywhere - I just received a package from the UK today, the 5 Centimeters per Second Steelbook with Soundtrack CD from Zavvi. This would have shipped out on or just after November 30, the release date, so it still took it's time getting here. I opened it up and then put it right into a steelbook box protector.

5cmps1.jpg

5cmps2.jpg

Promised Neverland finally arrived! It was dispatched on the 14th to give an idea of how slow royal mail has been recently. 15days to deliver a 48h tracked package is absolutely shameful.
View attachment 16345
You think that's bad, Royal Mail only exported my copy of SAO on Christmas Eve. It shipped on December 7th.

My copy of Promised Neverland arrived before Christmas.

They're all over the place.

You think that's bad, Royal Mail only exported my copy of SAO on Christmas Eve. It shipped on December 7th.

My copy of Promised Neverland arrived before Christmas.

They're all over the place.
Blimey. What a mess. I have some dice on their way from a workshop which I think is in Poland. Shipped on the 19th but still havent made it to royal mail. I think when exports are involved an element of random luck seems to creep in.

Back