What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

1960E505-431A-4EC0-BE73-BA9DD4FE6526.jpeg
WWY Deluxe from Zavvi - came in a thin cardboard wraparound but otherwise looks quite nice, looking forward to unboxing it.

The Doctors The Patrick Troughton Years DVD from eBay - have the William Hartnell and Jon Pertwee releases ordered as well.

Last edited:
Just as I was sending back the other copy of Ballroom to the post office, a gift package from a friend arrived today!

I9v3Ejoh.jpg

KRSUY7fh.jpg

L5Lmq8bh.jpg

I received all of the following on Blu-ray today, FMA:B from Music Magpie on Ebay and the rest from AUKN forum user Kite (thanks again!)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Genius Party + Genius Party Beyond Collector's Edition
Land of the Lustrous
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions Season 1
Silver Spoon Season 1 Collector's Edition
Welcome to the Ballroom Part 1 Collector's Edition

ZTphM5w.jpg

I got a thing that "experts" will tell you not to get because they think that they'll render records unplayable after a few plays when in fact they don't know crap and that these are pretty decent as long as they aren't above the acceptable tracking force for the stylus (and the standards set down decades ago), but don't expect good sound from the built in speakers (and don't bother playing bass heavy records on them as they'll go straight to skip central station).

I got a thing that "experts" will tell you not to get because they think that they'll render records unplayable after a few plays when in fact they don't know crap
The main issue I saw when using mums is playing warped records. With the platter not being a full LP size and the lid not giving all that much clearance it did rub the record, this could cause damage if played long enough and causes speed fluctuations

Most people will say just put another slipmat under the record whats an option, but I dont know how that could effect the arm

- Just don't play warped records / Just look after your records

Lots of companies are using colored vinyl what is softer and... you guessed it warps easier than black. (I think out of the 7 Tiger Labs sets I have (so around 12 records) I think I have 2 or 3 that are not warped)

Softer record + rubbing against the record player = not a good idea

Very nice sets.

I oddly enough couldn't get into FMA Brotherhood even though it should be right up my ally. I watched quite a lot of it as well but I found myself just wanting to do other things instead of turning on the next episode. I can't for the life of me tell you why either because I recognised it was good lol. I just kind of dropped it towards the end.

My Weathering With You set arrived from Zavvi...

lNgmCNl.jpg

Also, this damage was clearly inflicted before it was packaged. There's nothing on the packaging that suggests this happened in transit. And the set is sold out, so a replacement likely isn't possible.

Please stop using Zavvi for exclusives, AL.

Back