What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I ordered Tamako Market from Amazon.com and received this instead. Anyone know if it's worth keeping? I cannot even find this Blu-ray listed on the site.

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_125858342.jpg
    IMG_20200513_125858342.jpg
    668.7 KB · Views: 9
I ordered Tamako Market from Amazon.com and received this instead. Anyone know if it's worth keeping? I cannot even find this Blu-ray listed on the site.
Personally I find it really funny. It has a pretty surreal sense of humor at times and a large cast of fun characters. It's also a huge improvement on the original series but dont worry it's a reboot so dont have to watch anything beforehand.

I ordered Tamako Market from Amazon.com and received this instead. Anyone know if it's worth keeping?
Personally I find it really funny. It has a pretty surreal sense of humor at times and a large cast of fun characters. It's also a huge improvement on the original series but dont worry it's a reboot so dont have to watch anything beforehand.
I rate it highly, too. It's SHAFT and Akiyuki Shinbou of Bakemonogatari fame, so it's very visually imaginative as well. Like WMD says, it's got a quirky sense of humour that you'll likely either love or it'll just go over your head. There's probably not a lot of middle ground there.

I'd definitely recommend it, though.

It's SHAFT and Akiyuki Shinbou of Bakemonogatari fame
Small correction and tangent, Tatsuya Oishi directed Bakemonogatari, not Shinbo. Shinbo doesn't actually direct (or even have all that much creative involvement in) most of the stuff that has his name attached, because his role at Shaft is more that of a mentor for the other directors rather than an actual director himself these days.

Basically everywhere will have Shinbo listed as director for basically everything Shaft does, even though he's not. This is a pretty good article that touches on Shinbo's role at Shaft, as well as doing a good job of highlighting most of the actual directors at the studio.

Basically everywhere will have Shinbo listed as director for basically everything Shaft does, even though he's not. This is a pretty good article that touches on Shinbo's role at Shaft, as well as doing a good job of highlighting most of the actual directors at the studio.
Huh, it's just like the plot out of New Games! S2. I guess it's common to use the most famous name at a company to sell something even if they're not much involved.

Back