What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

In today's episode of what did Grav receive this time around...

tmAm8CZh.jpg

Saga of Tanya the Evil has been acquired! I watched it not long after it had simulcasted and liked it. It is certainly a surprise to see the show get released in the UK many months after the US had it. You can see more photos and specs on my blog.

I recieved two anime-related packages in the mail today, one from Japan and one from China. I don't really care so much for the JP box art, which caused me to hold off getting this for almost a year, but I finally picked up the JP release of B: The Beginning, which does have English subtitles:

bbeginningjp.jpg

And, I had also ordered a second desk mat from China, this one a little larger than the Shiki desk mat that arrived on Friday - Violet Evergarden. This mat is a little wider, and Violet is positioned just so she'll be visible between my keyboard and mouse. The Newtype I ordered with the B box so it would get shipped shrink-wrapped to a Plank-in-the-Box to protect the anime, and it did:

bbeginvemat.jpg

Last edited:
That one is a Goro Miyazaki film, but he had a lot of input from Hayao on it. I love the ending to Poppy Hill. Still, Goro's first film, Tales from Earthsea, is another favorite of mine as well, even with its imperfections. So many Ghibli fans dislike Earthsea, lol, but I actually rank it above Spirited Away, Totoro, Kiki's, and Ponyo. Yeah, I'm weird!

I’ve heard good things about the film, took ages to find a US copy so I’m glad to finally have the chance to see it.

Back