What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Is Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens good? I admit I sort of brushed past it when it was streaming.

yes, I really enjoyed it - since it fit my main criteria of being a serious anime, with action, mystery, and suspense, it was one of the few anime of last year that I watched and actually liked. Plus, hitmen. Lots of them.

IMG-20190227-101618.jpg

The UK limited edition version of OVERLORD II has arrived from Zavvi (shipped out Monday, arrived today lol). Basically this UK iteration is almost identical to the Funimation limited edition.

The only major difference is the cover art used for the standard Blu-ray case. I believe this is modeled after the standard edition version of the US release (so basically we have different cover art for the inner and outer artwork of the case) but I couldn't find any photos to prove that otherwise. The rest is exactly the same and the BBFC stickers are removable.

A heads up though - the glue-like thing that attaches the info sheet is troublesome so be very careful when removing it or risk damaging the artwork.

More photos and specs here.

IMG-20190227-101618.jpg

The UK limited edition version of OVERLORD II has arrived from Zavvi (shipped out Monday, arrived today lol). Basically this UK iteration is almost identical to the Funimation limited edition.

The only major difference is the cover art used for the standard Blu-ray case. I believe this is modeled after the standard edition version of the US release (so basically we have different cover art for the inner and outer artwork of the case) but I couldn't find any photos to prove that otherwise. The rest is exactly the same and the BBFC stickers are removable.

A heads up though - the glue-like thing that attaches the info sheet is troublesome so be very careful when removing it or risk damaging the artwork.

I even removed67EFA356-7AB2-4419-B80B-F97FF68FE8D7.jpeg

IMG-20190227-101618.jpg

How did they send it? Box or Jiffy bag?

Update: got a 20% refund, not great but it’ll do. They didn’t have stock otherwise I would have gone the replacement route.

Update: got a 20% refund, not great but it’ll do. They didn’t have stock otherwise I would have gone the replacement route.
Really wish they'd stop using those jiffy bags, especially as they have the most expensive shipping between the 3 main UK online dvd/bd stores that ship to Ireland. Amazon is £4 for goods under £25, free for over. Base is £1.29 per item and Zavvi are now €4.49 per item.

Really wish they'd stop using those jiffy bags, especially as they have the most expensive shipping between the 3 main UK online dvd/bd stores that ship to Ireland. Amazon is £4 for goods under £25, free for over. Base is £1.29 per item and Zavvi are now €4.49 per item.
The sad thing is that they were getting better and using boxes but now it’s one step forward, two steps back. Makes me worried about dropping money on Overlord II, which I plan to get eventually.

Amazon US is the worst for jiffy bags, I just don't order anime from them other than a last resort. Unfortunately even Amazon JP are shipping anime in jiffy bags anymore, I just can't comprehend that they would do that for as expensive as anime releases are over there...

Jiffy bags are actually even better than the soft cardbox bags they use at Amazon Europe. I'd actually like then to use jiffy bag instead. (Bigger packages also mostly have some room left, so things can shake around. If not one edge is outright ripped... )

Well I always get the cardboard (Amazon UK) when I got a few volumes of killing bites (which I didn’t check were German) a few of them fell out of a cardboard pack, both my brothers there at the time. Oh boy did they love the covers on them volumes

If they're going to use a flat bag or package of some kind to ship anime, then at least I would prefer those cardboard coldpaks I sometimes get from the UK - the tacky inside coating prevents any movement inside the pack, plus they're stiff enough to prevent most corner damage.

Last edited:
Back