What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I didn’t go for that version as it would have been a waste of money for me to get a model that I wouldn’t build.

I bought the US Gundam IBO Collector's Box just to get the chipboard box to store both seasons in - I gave the model away for free to a forum friend and tossed the big storage box in the trash. *ducks for cover*

So I've heard... ah well, I couldn't give two craps about any model, especially one of a Gundam. I'm not a Gundam fan, I just happened to like IBO for everything else in the story BUT the Gundams.

It slightly improved animation at points and the OP is not bad.
Fair enough. I can't say I was ever disappointed with the animation though, plus they work so well with the longer runtime I can't imagine them working quite so well as shorter episodes. It would be like cutting a film into TV episodes, it just seems wrong.

Out of interest, I wondered how they handled one of my favourite moments and went to watch on YouTube... The end of OVA episode 5 takes place in the middle of 0096 episode 15. No cliffhanger. No Boom Boom Satellites. Ruined.
I bought the US Gundam IBO Collector's Box just to get the chipboard box to store both seasons in - I gave the model away for free to a forum friend and tossed the big storage box in the trash. *ducks for cover*
I kept the model since I happen to like giant robots but my box suffered the same fate. Tangential topic, but anyone know why the Season 2 parts of IBO are literally double the price of the Season 1 parts?
So I've heard... ah well, I couldn't give two craps about any model, especially one of a Gundam. I'm not a Gundam fan, I just happened to like IBO for everything else in the story BUT the Gundams.
Like rescinded :p

Last edited:
I kept the model since I happen to like giant robots but my box suffered the same fate. Tangential topic, but anyone know why the Season 2 parts of IBO are literally double the price of the Season 1 parts?
That's because season 1 has been re-released in a complete set and season 2 has not. I expect the season 2 part sets to get cheaper once the complete set has been relessed.

Agreed. I like the Gundam franchise just as much for its political and power struggles as I do for its large piloted robot fights.

I would still say is Gundam is 70% Political drama and 30% mech fights.
Zeta is moistly a political conspiracy and is the best one
I think Gundam is a lot more things than that. Zeta is at least 40% teenage angst, for a start. Wouldn't be as much fun without the robots and their pilots and rivalries though, it would be... Well it would be LotGH.

eNlFVxg.jpg

Back