What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I wonder if that huge limited miia pillow was in that store as Well.. . I mean how much does this guy love his monster girls that it annoys his other half?
Well, If I had a girlfrind.. Haha if... :'(

They would have to plaster the walls with Yaoi before I say /Well, thats a bit too much Yaoi/.. and even then I wouldn't ask them to get rid of it...

Ergh, everyone likes what they like...

I've been waiting for the anime to end before I started reading the manga :) (that way I just get to appreciate how much extra content the manga has instead of noticing things that have had to be cut from the anime)

IMG_20180405_163403086~2.jpg

Last few days worth of stuff, Colour of Magic and Cosplay Complex from my trip to CEX on Weds, Monster Girl Encyclopedia bc I just finished first one, Ass Class from the EB deal and Tenjgo Tenge from Music Magpie. Also went to see Wicked this evening and got a programme.
IMG-0642.JPGIMG-0643.JPG

Just received my Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray player in the mail today. Not much of a photo, because I'm having a crowd over for Movie Night tonight in my theater to watch The Last Jedi, so I won't have the time to unpack it and set it up until either late this evening or tomorrow morning.

oppo203box.jpg

Just received my Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray player in the mail today. Not much of a photo, because I'm having a crowd over for Movie Night tonight in my theater to watch The Last Jedi, so I won't have the time to unpack it and set it up until either late this evening or tomorrow morning.

I really want to get an OPPO one day for the ability to use subtitles from USB for an episode on a disc.

oppo203box.jpg
I really want to get an OPPO one day for the ability to use subtitles from USB for an episode on a disc.

Are you aware of Oppo's announcement last week that it's ending production of disc players?

Yup, that is exactly why I bought the 203 now, instead of a year or so from now as I had been planning. They have been panic-selling like hot-cakes since the announcement - the 205 is sold out now, and they had less than 200 of the 203's in stock as of a day or so ago. Oppo will do one more production run of the 203 in June, and they're considering one more run of the 205 in August. I got my order in for the 203 within hours of the announcement, because I knew there would be a mad rush on the product and they wouldn't be available for long.

I currently own an Oppo BDP-93, and owned an 83 previously. My main reason for getting the 203 isn't for playing 4K blu-rays, as I haven't switched over to 4K yet in my projection theater; I got it because of it's ease of modding for region-free capabilities. Minutes after I ordered the 203, I purchased a region free hardware mod kit for it just like I have installed in my 93, specifically so I can play all these dang Region B anime Blu-rays I've been buying from your Country, lol... also, it's 5 years newer than my 93, so 5 years less use on it - and now I'll have two region free BD players in my house that will hopefully last for years to come. Yeah, I also have 3 computers with region-free capable BD drives in them, but that isn't nearly the same as having the dedicated decks in my A/V rack.

Last edited:
rOEbF5K.jpg

This might be my second Amazon return if I can't clone the OS from the hard drive to it and I have issues doing anything else with it.

I have just received Funimation's horrifying "Speed Racer Collector's Edition" from Amazon.com. I wanted the Japanese versions of the original 1967 - 1968 "Mach Go Go Go" and the 1997 remake. However, Funimation had the brilliant idea of only releasing those versions in this utterly horrifying collector's edition in the shape of Speed/Go's head, which retailed for an absurd US$300. Seriously a ridiculous amount for what is the worst looking collector's edition box set since Media Blaster/AnimeWork's "Eye of Vogler" box for "Giant Robo". A few weeks back I was alerted to the fact Amazon.com was selling for a little under half price. Sod it, I thought, I'm buying the damn thing.

speed1.jpg

The head comes in a very nicely designed cardboard box, which Amazon.com decided to stick a bunch of non-removable sticker onto.

speed2.jpg

Padded in foam casing, here it is out of the box in all it's terrifying glory. The helmet's visor moves.

speed4.jpg

Here's the back where the blu-rays and DVDs are.

speed5.jpg

So the set contains "Speed Racer" and the original "Mach Go Go Go" on DVD and blu-ray as well as the 1997 "Mach Go Go Go" remake on DVD only. The DIC Enteretaiment English dub for the 1997 version, "Speed Racer X", is not included.

speed6.jpg

A close up of the individual disc holders. They're cardboard and several of the discs came scuffed or had fingerptints on them. Thanks Funimation.

Also the head has at least four different sounds. No doubt Funimation will announce another box set version without the head and just the discs in normal keep cases now that I've bought this stupid thing.

Back