What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Long wait for @Patient-X for the inevitable Last Jedi collector's edition.

OnlyGrossBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif

I can't help it, it's Star Wars. I'd probably buy a dog turd if it came in a slip cover with Star Wars on it.....maybe I need help :oops:
You can get the prequels as a set in a slipcover- that counts as a turd right? (Episode III is alright I suppose)

I still say Episode I is the best of the prequels, in spite of Jar Jar. It’s the most coherent film in its own right and it has the most epic lightsaber battle. Episode II was just so much meh and Episode III handled the event the whole damn series had been leading up to, Anakin’s fall to the Dark Side (spoilers!) appallingly badly. The plot that should have been the entire focus of the film was relegated to a couple of particularly badly written scenes which makes almost every major character look and act like complete imbeciles. A lot of people hate Episode I, I hate Episode III much more. The climactic fight wasn’t even that good.

Thankfully, The Clone Wars animated series exists and developed all of the characters and their relationships far more than the prequel movies ever did.

I still say Episode I is the best of the prequels, in spite of Jar Jar. It’s the most coherent film in its own right and it has the most epic lightsaber battle. Episode II was just so much meh and Episode III handled the event the whole damn series had been leading up to, Anakin’s fall to the Dark Side (spoilers!) appallingly badly. The plot that should have been the entire focus of the film was relegated to a couple of particularly badly written scenes which makes almost every major character look and act like complete imbeciles. A lot of people hate Episode I, I hate Episode III much more. The climactic fight wasn’t even that good.

Thankfully, The Clone Wars animated series exists and developed all of the characters and their relationships far more than the prequel movies ever did.
Episode III has the opera house scene which I adore, agreed that The Clone Wars is a saving grace.

I don't mind the prequel trilogy and the first was my favourite of them too. I did find it a bit jarring (no pun) how Anakin turned from sulky brat to mass child murderer in such a short space of time but then I realised they're just dumb action films primarily aimed at kids and kids are willing to accept that without a lengthy explanation.

I think the original rabid super fans were spoilt with such a huge quantity of extended lore making them feel that Star Wars was something more than that and whenever you get people explaining X is wrong because 'science' or something that happened in a book, graphic novel etc I just chuckle to myself.

I don't mind the prequel trilogy and the first was my favourite of them too. I did find it a bit jarring (no pun) how Anakin turned from sulky brat to mass child murderer in such a short space of time but then I realised they're just dumb action films primarily aimed at kids and kids are willing to accept that without a lengthy explanation.

I think the original rabid super fans were spoilt with such a huge quantity of extended lore making them feel that Star Wars was something more than that and whenever you get people explaining X is wrong because 'science' or something that happened in a book, graphic novel etc I just chuckle to myself.
Probably best never going for a pint with me then ;)

Back