What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

My arrow sale order arrived today. I was sweating a bit about the boxes getting damaged in the mail but everything was well packed and arrived on perfect condition. Definitely will be buying more from them in the future.

cJjl2N-UjPOhjHv8D_NrezF9JBI6jFUx5V0Ku1URqe40_hdoSoJszulgHhgqPkBbEnDbhkOQraZF1aTumYi3tdc0mOu-f2vA8YUaKvTd2cp8bSlLaTNYMZmcqpi0WLXqeAVbpjZdlMVIfuzNr4PrGuVza0zciOU_sCvJLuYPNwM8j8v_8HDZ0Bg11TNomVxG7w3WTTbXgRSX3XDJkMnh8dHoCamZWSg2YTw-Yqh96NuJ53DzQjoVSLOoOyBejt5L6rGcguraZBPqppyZjpdeHfz7JAzjc51X30XMitTtO2yGLYrWe98dlbfuwvBCm2QHXTfhwErfTx5dX4UCUUzaxTGRU17BtDZNSHoF0LLnaG_uHuJq2D9Hf9pDbls_Bu2fOCj54UTnNFAY7qP437aDbPWSA2OpaYOhBXpouHFR0uRa2BkuHAzr-eXfcjjwkZ-FyxkrJjqEa1OOmwhNis8V8P8FbgE4SBmorPrJUv3CWhzu5uhTiwG6dsuSM22IxSWOk45n1edN7IxYOlnCNSboPYjfbAGJgJ2x4JNW4Te37h-b5Vprl1zfPlbd8bN9lQhhb0UmO6elDITgpJOOaLYUCLTrukmaSy85nVfE6Egdngv9sx6--2KyfuSm=w1275-h718-no

I made my order pretty quickly after the site went up after the intial crash so everything was on stock. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long until they be able to get their stocks back up.

My arrow sale order arrived today. I was sweating a bit about the boxes getting damaged in the mail but everything was well packed and arrived on perfect condition. Definitely will be buying more from them in the future.

cJjl2N-UjPOhjHv8D_NrezF9JBI6jFUx5V0Ku1URqe40_hdoSoJszulgHhgqPkBbEnDbhkOQraZF1aTumYi3tdc0mOu-f2vA8YUaKvTd2cp8bSlLaTNYMZmcqpi0WLXqeAVbpjZdlMVIfuzNr4PrGuVza0zciOU_sCvJLuYPNwM8j8v_8HDZ0Bg11TNomVxG7w3WTTbXgRSX3XDJkMnh8dHoCamZWSg2YTw-Yqh96NuJ53DzQjoVSLOoOyBejt5L6rGcguraZBPqppyZjpdeHfz7JAzjc51X30XMitTtO2yGLYrWe98dlbfuwvBCm2QHXTfhwErfTx5dX4UCUUzaxTGRU17BtDZNSHoF0LLnaG_uHuJq2D9Hf9pDbls_Bu2fOCj54UTnNFAY7qP437aDbPWSA2OpaYOhBXpouHFR0uRa2BkuHAzr-eXfcjjwkZ-FyxkrJjqEa1OOmwhNis8V8P8FbgE4SBmorPrJUv3CWhzu5uhTiwG6dsuSM22IxSWOk45n1edN7IxYOlnCNSboPYjfbAGJgJ2x4JNW4Te37h-b5Vprl1zfPlbd8bN9lQhhb0UmO6elDITgpJOOaLYUCLTrukmaSy85nVfE6Egdngv9sx6--2KyfuSm=w1275-h718-no
I bought the Human Condition in the last sale, still haven't got round to watching it yet. In fact, my unwatched pile is getting out of hand, it's up to nearly 300 titles now :oops:

My Arrow Films stuff arrived today as well as The Place Promised In Our Early Days from Amazon, but no photos as I wasn't in :( More annoyingly neither was my housemate despite saying they weren't going anywhere today, but then did :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: Slight oversensitivity possible.

Got a ransom note yesterday. Went to fetch the package from the customs office today. Was raining pretty heavily and I had to use my bycicle... So I went in and the usualy lady who already knows me as a regular with whom all is handled easy and fast was noticing me and getting ready. But no, some other slightly elderly lady was faster at getting to the reception desk.
"I'm sorry, they (the documents) got a bit wet".
Ignores that comment, looks at the documents.
"Well, fill out the form."
"I already did, here." (I'm a regular, so I prepare the forms beforehand already.)
She gives a casual look, not getting what she expects to be something wrong.
"Well, you wait for that to dry first."
Gives me the empty form.
"..." Me fills it out again, she stares at the invoice copy I gave her.
"Something in the wrong?"
"I was just wondering, the name is diffrent."
"Pardon?"
"There is says (paypal name), but the sender is (package name, like totally mispelled)"
"Err, (correct name)"
"Anyway, it's not the same."
"Well, that's the paypal name, it doesn't necessarily be the same as the senders name. A lot of shops are like that, too?"
"Yes, yes, yes, I know." Continues to stare.
"So what's this?" Points onto the list of titles.
"Err, it's written there...?"
"But what exactly is that?"
"Blu ray and DVDs?" (Like, what I filled out into the form as content type?)
"But I can't tell from this list."
"I'll have to open the package for you to inspect anyway, shouldn't it become obvious then, no?"
"Yeah..."
Silence. She does to get the packages. Comes back with the packages. And SLAMS it on the table. Package kinda looks like it was played with as a soccer ball.
"..."
"Well then, open it."
Grabs a knife and slams it (a bit less forceful) on the parcel.
"Erm, could I please get scissors instead...?" (I always ask that. The other lady often enough simply gives it to me directly without me asking.)
She looks at me, as if I were insane.
"Why, just use the knife."
"Please, I'd like to avoid that if possible."
"But you can't open a package without a knife."
"I once used a knife and accidently scratched the content hard. I'd like to avoid that."
She looks at me like a spoiled child.
"Well, if you INSIST." Gets me scissors. I put them in my hand. "But don't you scrap them for me."
"..."
Quickly opening it without even using to much scissors in the first place. (I always cut them slightly and rip the tape away with my hands.) She has nothing to complain about.
Package open. A bunch of BDs and DVDs with their symbols stare at us.
"Well then." She grabs the invoice and stares at the titles list.
"(Title 1 in half broken English)....?"
"That's this." Grabbing the title and putting it onto the desk next to her. "The second one (title 2) is this." putting it right atop title 1. "The third..."
"Not so fast!!!" Pushes the pile away (I was DRENCHED in my rain coat, don't push that onto me like that!!) "Let me mark that on the list!"
"..."
"So, that's (title 1)....?" Stares back and forth between the title on the title and the list.
"The list is comma seperated."
"Aaah. Ok, then the next is (title 2)" looks at the tiny pile. Then it's (title 3)"
"That's this." Attempting to grab it.
"Seen it already. Then Hi.... Hyo-uh---"
"That's this one." Holding it before her.
"Ah, p1 was meant to be part 1. Now I see..."
"Assasination..."
"This one" Pointing onto it in the package.
"Ok. Kla-Classroom?" Stares at the package, fingers clutched onto the AC one and browsing over the title. She makes a confused face and stares back on the list.
"It's one title. There is a line break in the middle of the title..."
"..."
"Black Butler..."
"This one" Pointing onto it. Next to it sits Black Butler Circus. She looks puzzled.
"This is Black Butler CIRCUS. This is season 1, it comes right after in the list."
She stares.
"One is the sequel of the other." (Technically not, but well...)
"Ah yeah, I get it I get it." At the last item: 'CG replacement discs'.
"That are these ones." Pulling out one of the loose discs.
She stares.
"There was a production error with some discs from a previous package. These are the correct ones."
"Ah so they are replacements..." (replacement being in German, it almosts seemd like she simply did not now the English word replacement, being confuse like that?? Is that even hard vocabulary?)
"Yes, since they are replacements they were technically for free."
"But you paid xxx, yes?"
"In total, yes."
Stares.
Goes to her computer to fill in her processing form.
So I pack, and and pay attention to hold everything in arm lenght distance from mysefl to not get it wet, pack it in water proof bags, put them back to the package and put that yet under another bag.
"Ow..." Sees some rain water got onto the table. "Erm, pardon me...?"
IGNORED.
"So it's twentyfivecommawhateverseven you have to pay. Go over there to Mister A"
"Erm sorry, do you perhaps have a piece of cloth?"
She STARES at me.
"Just go pay."
"I'm sorry, I think I've made a little mess here." Pointing onto the water splashes.
"That doesn't matter, just go over and pay."
"..."
Going over. Mister A (elderly man) is there staring at his monitor. Comes with a piece of paper.
"So it's twentyfive....commawhateverseven."
I give him a 50 billet. He pulles out some cashier drawer, then thinks and walks back to his monitor. Since I'm waiting anyway, I fiddle on my purse and I see 7 in loose change. Put that onto the 50. He comes back and sees the coins.
"Fifty and... Seven..." He makes a face of thinking hard. WALKS BACK TO HIS PC. (What the heck is he doing? Reentering how much I'm giving him?) Comes back. "So you're getting...." Fiddles around in the invoice document pages. (Son't tell me he forget within 1.5 minues hence?) "twentyfourwhatever-ty back Here."
"Thanks..." (Strangely no problems in counting money billets and coins. ôo)
Getting back to the other lady. Now is my turn to stare. The dcument has no paid stamp.
"Erm, the stamp...." I hold it out to her. She is sitting on her chair, facing my direction, but her face is directed sidewards, ignores me.
"Excuse me.... is the stamp not needed anymore...?"
Ignored.
Well, I twich to want starting packing my things.
"Got the stamp?"
"Well..." I hold it out to her.
"No stamp? Hey COLLEAGUE?!"
"I forgot thaaat."
She looks amused-annoyed and walks to me and gets the documents again.
"Well no problem, you'll get your stamp." There is ever the alight accucation, whether that's even a problem.
"Well, I don't know, whether I can take the parcel with me or not without the stamp?"
"If you paid, you can. Here."

After that I was so glad, I could finally get out of the place. I totally forgot about the water puddles I caused. I'm almost certain she wouldn't clean that, so the next poor guy has to deal with that. .-."

It did not help, that 1km thereafter my bycicle chain came off and after another 10 meters I got a flat tire and I got lost after being forced to take the subway and getting stranded at some station I don't regularly use. Off course my smartphone battery was dead at that moment so no google maps and because it was showering like mad barely anybody on the street to ask.

I'm not even mad. I'm not even mad over corners like these: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

And I'm totally not mad that my Hyouka looks like this now:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
It's not like I'm furous or anything. I'm not getting mad now, just because I get to get a closer look. Like that any other thing has thse damn hists on the corners or back spines. But this one has it right in the middle of the cover edge. I'm not mad. No I'm not mad.

HOW DARE YOU SOIL MY HYOUKA.

(Hopefully that was at least entertaining to someone...)

Last edited:
Why are slipcovers usually not wrapped in the cellophane as well? I feel like the distributors are just asking for them to get damaged.

Why are slipcovers usually not wrapped in the cellophane as well? I feel like the distributors are just asking for them to get damaged.

On Blu Rays at least slipcovers with cellophane on them can get crushed on the upper corners thanks to the curvature of a blu ray case. Discotek use cellophane on Slips and unfortunately a few of mine have been damaged on the corners for this reason.

Just been to pickup my stuff from the local Post Office depot. Much less hassle than @Luna just show the card and driving licence, but then again these aren't imports.
DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

Wow. For the first time in my life, I actually appreciate Royal Mail.

R
Causing some appreciation is always good, lol.
Through in my cases that was happing at the customs station, their not with the postal service.

I'd consider that lucky, when my copy of Hyouka turned up like this.
Yes, it could have been worse, and I've had worse like slipcover being ripped or the whole things crushed with the case cracked with slinters. But, with none of them I actually saw, how they slammed that around. Like, that really really was not good on my nerves. It's not like there isn't anything of value inside of it, if that were the case, I wouldn't have showed up in the first place. Also caused me severe flashbacks back to the times before some of the newer employees had been hired. The old guard like until 5 years ago was a pretty frustrating experience and even among them that lady used to be just in charge of the last least complicated step of collecting the money when everything else had been already handled by colleagues.

Admittedly, the packaging wasn't perfect either. There was some bubble wrape, but there was also enough room for the stuff to move around. but it also wasn't the worst, so no cracks, no spliters and severe rips. And usually I don't care so extremely much. But Hyouka is one of my favorite shows, I'd been really looking forward to. >_>
I might just end up buying it again and ditch this one out.

On Blu Rays at least slipcovers with cellophane on them can get crushed on the upper corners thanks to the curvature of a blu ray case. Discotek use cellophane on Slips and unfortunately a few of mine have been damaged on the corners for this reason.
That depends on what plastic they use and how it's sealed. The stuff Funi (and Sentai) use on their releases will cause what you describe. Germany uses a whole diffrent sort of plastic (Much more sturdy) and our stuff gets sealed with the slipcover without crushes on the corner. Which however has in turn other issues and is actually rather unhandy here. Like, when you buy stuff you are often forced to unpack it right away as to peel the rating logo away (granted that it's a sticker in the first place), or any backcover paper insert on boxed editions, or it will damage the paper it's attached on later down the line. Or worst case stuff like this happens. And it already happes with something after just a couple of month! But I like to keep my stuff shrinkwrapped until I actually get to watch it. (Dust safer.) And sometimes I switch to a better version after all an resell value is higher when still new and shrinkwrapped.

"Well then, open it."
Grabs a knife and slams it (a bit less forceful) on the parcel.
"Erm, could I please get scissors instead...?" (I always ask that. The other lady often enough simply gives it to me directly without me asking.)
She looks at me, as if I were insane.
"Why, just use the knife."
"Please, I'd like to avoid that if possible."
"But you can't open a package without a knife."
"I once used a knife and accidently scratched the content hard. I'd like to avoid that."
She looks at me like a spoiled child.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (Ten-out-of-ten infuriating)

Oh. Dear. God. I'm pretty OCD about not damaging stuff, so I totally get this. I'd have been in a rage.

Back