What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon (standard edition) along with something I wasn't ever expecting to get (the sailor moon R set 2 replacement discs which UP1USA must have been sitting on for a while waiting for me to place another order).

Some goodies have (at long long last) arrived. Don't know why but the Royal Mail seem to be really slow this year.
NieR: Automata OST, with preorder bonus 8-bit version. Hit by customs, but was still worth it.
WP_20170413_12_25_52_Pro_zpsjmc1vofm.jpg

And the best of the Star Wars movies.
WP_20170413_16_06_11_Pro_zpszqutpgra.jpg

Arrived yesterday. First time I've had a SAL small packet unregistered get done by customs. What's more annoying is that Royal Mails ransom fee is nearly double what the VAT was. VAT £4.12, handling fee £8.

These ransom fees are a joke, especially so when the handling fee is more than the VAT.

fuuka.jpg
lilith.jpg

Arrived yesterday. First time I've had a SAL small packet unregistered get done by customs. What's more annoying is that Royal Mails ransom fee is nearly double what the VAT was. VAT £4.12, handling fee £8.

These ransom fees are a joke, especially so when the handling fee is more than the VAT.

Its unfortunately how much it costs to get someone from HMRC down at customs to speed up the process. Otherwise it could sit 1-2 weeks at an office waiting to be processed.

If you wish to do the processing yourself you can have the exporter write a specific line which I believe is "Goods to be declared by buyer" (should double check that), and you will receive a letter some point after the package arrives in the country which you need to fill in, and return. Then pay the VAT and once done they will return the package to Royal Mail for delivery.

The fee is expensive, but it saves you about 1-2 hours of form filling, and weeks of overhead.

The Royal Mail suddenly seems to be efficient again.
The Eva CE box feels really nice, it has a little booklet with it and an envelope full of artcards (which seem to be all pics of Eva units, though I haven't looked at them all yet). Well worth the £20 I paid, even if it is a triple-dip for me.
WP_20170415_16_28_56_Pro_zpsz052yrzj.jpg

Shimoneta from animelimited early bird and the others from HMV
nice bluray with slipcover for SSS some some good did come out of the live action ;)

IMG_20170415_170743.jpg

Its unfortunately how much it costs to get someone from HMRC down at customs to speed up the process.
I always thought the handling fee was their fee for administration.

If £8 is how much it costs to get someone to speed the process up, why don't all delivery companys charge the same? I assume they all pickup from the same custom depots.

Customs are government employees and, correct me if i'm wrong but aren't government employees wages paid via TAXs, which I like meny others pay. So I shouldn't have to bung them more money to do the job they are paid to do just to get it done in a timely fasion.

Also Parcelforce(royal mail) charge £13.50 handling fee for something coming via EMS as they deem it an express delivery. Yes it gets from Japan to the UK quicker then something via SAL Parcel but from my experiance once in the country the EMS package doesn't seem to go through customs and get to me any quicker than SAL Parcel which is an £8 handling fee. So where is my extra £5.50 going.

Otherwise it could sit 1-2 weeks at an office waiting to be processed.

I'd rather they give me an option. Wait an extra week and not pay the handling or pay and get it quicker. I would happily wait an extra week or so for a few keyrings, badges or items along those lines.

Might sound like it, but i'm not trying to be rude or rant at you. The handling fees annoy me. They annoy me more when the fee is more than the VAT.

I can't get away with doing the same. Take a neighbours parcel in and then when they come to collect, tell them they need to pay me a handling fee. I had to sign for it which means I responsable for it until they collect.

Last edited:
I always thought the handling fee was their fee for administration.

If £8 is how much it costs to get someone to speed the process up, why don't all delivery companys charge the same? I assume they all pickup from the same custom depots.

Since the law allows them to charge whatever is "reasonable". So I'm assuming Royal Mail charge the lowest as the base fee, and other companies are getting a bit of profit out of it.

If you want to wait the 1-2 weeks then you need to do the forms yourself.

Back