What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Slam Dunk vol 26 arrived sooner than expected!

DSC_18001.jpg

Not exactly everything i've received, i'm still waiting for 1-5 salaryman kintaro and also part 1 of Nabari to turn up in the post. But anyway, everything here was 50% of the price tags as they where all bought from blockbuster or HMV closing down sales.

The DHL guy just dropped off a big box...

The Vision of Escaflowne (collector's edition).

dscf4681p.jpg

dscf4685nt.jpg

it contains both the original episodes and the director's cuts, and over two hours of extras.

dscf4698x.jpg

dscf4706s.jpg

dscf4712sp.jpg

- Tarot cards.
- 80 Page Storyboard (A4 size).
- Storyboard from episode one.
- Design archive artbook.
- a guide to the series with details of its history, characters...

dscf4711u.jpg

dscf4710n.jpg

numbered and limited to 1200 copies.

p1050109j.jpg

That is a awe-striking box set there, Jolu... All those lovely extras in the box ITSELF - and you're telling me there's 2hrs of extras ON DISK?!
How much was it? Ryo got the individual lots, and that was when DVDs were a "big thing" then.

That Monster Hunter looks awesome... but I'm still waiting the right time to buy a wii U. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Chaz said:
That is a awe-striking box set there, Jolu... All those lovely extras in the box ITSELF - and you're telling me there's 2hrs of extras ON DISK?!
How much was it? Ryo got the individual lots, and that was when DVDs were a "big thing" then.

It's a little expensive (the RRP is 80 euros) but I couldn't resist the temptation to order one when amazon.es suddenly dropped the price to 42 euros.

http://www.amazon.es/La-Vision-De-Escaf ... 594&sr=8-1

The original episodes are on discs 1-6 (remastered), the seventh disc contains director's cut episodes (remasted as well) and the eighth disc is FULL of extra content (interviews, Club escaflowne, cutscenes from video game...)

This is actually my first Monster Hunter game. I missed out on Tri for the Wii and a friend of mine is a huge fan. I thought now would be a good time to start, especially as it's one of the biggest Wii U games at the moment,

jolu - Nintendo are actually releasing a Wii U bundle to go with this release. You get the premium 32GB Wii U console, a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and a Wii U Pro Controller. It's roughly a £40 saving on buying each one separately.

Ahhh nice, just the sight of an actual new release on the WiiU makes me rejoice! :p Still not sure whether to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate myself though. I have Tri but I never could quite get into it, though me getting it in the midst of my final year exams at Uni probably didn't help.

Technically I received this yesterday but whatever:
20130320_141813_zps94662ad1.jpg

I had Club Nintendo points expiring at the end of the month so I figured I'd just go for it and claim this. It's a thing of beauty too, the D-Pad and buttons all feel exactly as I remember them to have felt like on an actual SNES. It also means I can now do this:
20130320_144050_zps59f9cdb3.jpg

I'm really jealous right now, i remember the blood sweat and tears that went into snes gaming with those controllers, donkey kong country, super metroid and Legend of the mystical ninja :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lawrence, you can its 90% Tri with a few more monsters added in and has online multiplayer aswell as local multiplayer with 1 Wii U and upto 3 3DS players (or 4 3DS players for local play only)

Lawrence said:
You should play P3rd at some point Josh, that's seriously good fun, especially when hunting with friends.

Can you hunt with friends on the WiiU, online? I know the 3ds version lacks online, which is slightly disappointing.
I purchased the Wii U version over the 3DS because of the online. You can hunt with friends over Wi-Fi on the Wii U version, but only local wireless with 3DS.

Some stuff I got this week:

Escaflowne Limited Collector's Edition (French), pretty much the same as jolu's spanish edition, but the DVDs come in Digipaks:

Escaflowne The Movie Limited Collector's Edition:

Ergo Proxy Limited Collector's Edition with English Dub + 76&24 page booklet + 10 artcards + bonus DVD:

Code Geass Akito the Exiled (First Press Limited Edition) with English Subs + booklet + DramaCD + a bunch of artcards:

JIN-ROH: The Wolf Brigade as "low-price" edition :roll:, with English dub&sub:

and Vampire Princess Miyu Complete TV Series:

Back