What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

jolu said:
It is also published in Italy and Germany, like i said before TLR has been translated into almost every language except english... It's a shame what Viz is doing.

dscf4578s.jpg

- To Love RU light novel ~Abunai Girls Talk~ (published only in spanish by IVREA).

- To LOVE Ru & To LOVE Ru Darkness: Perfect Trouble! - DataBook (published only in french by Tonkam Èditions).

These volumes are the french version from Tonkam, in Spain the last volume published is the 15th

http://editorialivrea.com/ESP/toloveru/index.htmm/quote]
Thank you for the information! I put in an order for the French editions of TLR:D 1-3 yesterday. Once I've caught up with Darkness I'll go back and buy To Love Ru.

I would be pretty interested in an official legal opinion on releasing TLR:D in the UK. I certainly don't think it would be worth the hassle for any company if a daily newspaper got their hands on it, though.

Joshawott said:
My Ultimate Madoka arrived. Yeah, the box was huge.
Yes... yes it was. I'm glad someone else was crazy enough to order it too! I still haven't even managed to open mine, as you say it basically demands that everything else... everywhere... gets rearranged to fit it in properly. Cool pics all around.

Actually received this last week and just taken pictures. I'm really happy to get this collectors edition. It's the French version which was much cheaper than a preowned copy or another brand new copy.

ilmaestro said:
I would be pretty interested in an official legal opinion on releasing TLR:D in the UK. I certainly don't think it would be worth the hassle for any company if a daily newspaper got their hands on it, though.
I think Viz Media could easily get away with To Love Ru, but yeah, Darkness would be an odd one. The problem is, the standards of what is acceptable and what isn't are so skewed (for example, how the hell did Strike Witches get a 12?). I do think Darkness would take To Love Ru over the line though into unacceptable territory, because while there hasn't been any actual sex or penetration shown yet, some of the character's imaginations...aren't very subtle and
there was that one scene where it was heavily implied that Momo, at the age of 14, gave Rito fellatio

As for why To Love Ru hasn't been released, it could be because Viz Media know fans will then expect Darkness and later be annoyed when they don't. This is one of the situations where I dislike companies having exclusive contracts with Japanese licensors because I'm pretty sure that Yen Press or Seven Seas would seriously considered at least releasing the original TLR.

Joshawott said:
My Ultimate Madoka arrived. Yeah, the box was huge.
Yes... yes it was. I'm glad someone else was crazy enough to order it too! I still haven't even managed to open mine, as you say it basically demands that everything else... everywhere... gets rearranged to fit it in properly. Cool pics all around.
When it comes to spending money, crazy is my middle name.

35i6q6h.jpg

These arrived today from Amazon France.

I started reading volume 1 and unfortunately, when I got to a scene where Rito woke up to find Momo in his bed, when it actually said "Oh lá lá! Dommage <3!" I misread it as "Omelette du Fromage <3!"
And now I can't take anything seriously any more.

I have to give it to the French - they know how to shrink wrap. As you can see from the images, there's a lot of leftover - there's enough to keep the goods securely protected from innocent eyes, but there's enough excess to let you take it off without risking damaging the product.

I received two collector's editions this past week. Tomb Raider, which i'll post up when i get a chance to unbox, and Heart of the Swarm. Here be Heart of the Swarm.

HOTS_zpsc8342557.jpg

hotsunboxed_zpsea5909d5.jpg

ilmaestro said:
Bold choice, I salute you. Your post has now been passed on to the local police.
Considering how they still haven't acted on the drug dealer at the other end of the cul-de-sac, I think I'll be fine xD

@Mangaranga

I've received today Trigun movie from Play which was sent last week. Canaan and Tales of Vesperia which were sent two weeks ago, are missing and Im already speaking with Play to ask them to send again or just to be refunded, which i dont know yet what will i choose.

Anyway, trigun movie came with a really nice packaging and a poster and a booklet. Didnt knew it had two discs. Ill post some pics in a few hours. Well worth the €7.50 I've paid for it.

bakum4tsu said:
@Mangaranga

I've received today Trigun movie from Play which was sent last week. Canaan and Tales of Vesperia which were sent two weeks ago, are missing and Im already speaking with Play to ask them to send again or just to be refunded, which i dont know yet what will i choose.

Anyway, trigun movie came with a really nice packaging and a poster and a booklet. Didnt knew it had two discs. Ill post some pics in a few hours. Well worth the €7.50 I've paid for it.t/quote]e/quote]
Sorry to hear about that. They might not be lost though, back when The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword came out my friend bought a copy from play. Two weeks later he spoke to them and they sent another one, but the original copy eventually turned up. He still has a sealed LE somewhere. If they don't turn up, I'd ask for another copy of each if possible, since I doubt you will be able to get them for that price again for a while.

I'll get Trigun Badlands Rumble eventually, but I'll be getting Funi's Bluray due to Kaze's 'let's lock every single one of our releases down' crap.

I've asked for a refund. Yeah those were great prices but Canaan I've got no rush. I have never seen Tales so i can wait too, no rush. They dont have it stock both so i dont want to wait, just want money back and we're fine.

The copy might appear, though i dont think so.

Btw, nice stuff you have received man.

Back