What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Jon O Fun

Stand User
If I'm correct, Manga's releases of Hunter x Hunter lacks the Manga logo, but has the Funimation logo, despite it being a Viz Media title.
I didn't notice that, looking at the HxH releases one has Gon on the spine and one doesn't so could be a mix of both phasing out AND laziness.

that spine is... here today. Gon tomorrow!

Jon O Fun

Stand User
Manga’s spines are often something to behold.

My personal favs have been Unleased, Dumbless and BIIZARRE 😅
If I remember correctly the pinnacle was their DVD release of xxxHolic.

Edit: asked my brother to send me a pic as they're all stored at his house and he corrected me that the pinnacle was the Bleach movies!

20210126_170422.jpg
20210126_170438.jpg

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
They probably just forgot, their graphic designer has off days and just copy pastes the US release (please see my pics of Fire Force 😂)
It's intentional, more and more Manga Ent. sets will just use the Funi logo on the packaging. My guess is to speed up the pace with the approvals process considering that is one of the issues as to why these releases have been taking ages.

RebelNotorious

Dandy Guy, in Space
It's intentional, more and more Manga Ent. sets will just use the Funi logo on the packaging. My guess is to speed up the pace with the approvals process considering that is one of the issues as to why these releases have been taking ages.
This is more than likely the case because it's become an increasing issue that the tech info on the back of the box is wrong. The DanMachi movie and Hunter x Hunter set 1 have the wrong audio format listed. TrueHD is what it says on the case but it's DTS-HD MA in the case of DanMachi (also doesn't even list the Japanese audio, just "English 5.1") and PCM for HxH. There's a few others where I've noticed the same thing.

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
I think there's more going on. For example, their PR department is now using a Funimation email, as does the address they supplied for people to contact about Akira replacement discs. A company logo is symbolically too much of a big thing, but logically too small a thing, to really warrant cutting out to streamline approvals. My money, is on the Manga UK name being phased out soon.