What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

dx12UeMh.jpg

Today's arrival are Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate published by PQube, Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon published by Koei Tecmo, and Ys IX: Monstrum Nox published by NIS America, each for the PlayStation 4. These are three of the seven (yep, not six now, you'll find out soon) I ordered over the past couple of days. So the whole idea of this mini-haul was to acquire the games I want to get sooner rather than later, whether the price was cheap or it's a big IP and the publisher decides to be a complete twit about it.

DanMachi Infinite Combate was released last year but I figured that considering it was rather cheap to order I decided to get it now rather than wait, because the mentality that I keep using is that just because it's cheap doesn't mean I should hold off on it lol. I made that mistake so many times over the years and it's backstabbed me dozens of times, from Corpse Party: Blood Drive to Gal*Gun 2 recently. In the case of Nights of Azure 2, this was also cheap to acquire but I took into account its age as this was released back in October 2017 so it's going to sell out at any moment now to be honest.

Then we have Ys IX which only just got released, but those of you may remember that NIS America are not very good at handling the physical media market nowadays. For instance Ys VIII sold out not long after launch and never went down in price, plus it was out of print for a few years. The publisher is also inconsistent with their stock as many of their titles are either in stock doing fine like Trails of Cold Steel III or gets slaughtered and sent to out of print mode a few months after release without a price drop like Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen. Which is why I made the decision to order Ys IX now than wait, I mean sure the game could stick around but the publisher is not as predictable as they were many years ago.

829SDjIh.jpg

xDYj3Csh.jpg

7L7Oxhbh.jpg

inGqzDQh.jpg

AV8uLqWh.jpg

8n3rtYih.jpg

4INieUdh.jpg

HSn1R5Zh.jpg

hzej3iWh.jpg

WY5eKiFh.jpg

1ZIhC97h.jpg

dBVc9ieh.jpg

h9CrNCRh.jpg

W0StCVGh.jpg

Makoto Shinkai’s Massive Disappointment arrived. Had to get it for the collection.

Oh man, you are so cruel! I actually liked that movie, and I have the steelbook on order from AOL. It has it's faults for sure, but still... ah well, I (and both of my daughters) actually loved Goro's Tales from Earthsea movie from Studio Ghibli too, I'll take that movie over Spirited Away or Totoro any day - so my opinions are probably of little value, lol!

Last edited:
I got a dandy guy in space (from AL Christmas sale)

Sadly not a show I found I could gel with. Artwork, great. Sound, great. But the individual episodes were hit or miss with me, some were really good, but others were not so good. Individual mileage may vary though as always with these things!

I think this was one of the last dubs I watched before I switched to subs on everything, but I must say the dub on this was exceptional.

rx0dPQih.jpg

Today's arrival are Dragon's Crown Pro published by Atlus and Langrisser I & II published by NIS America, each for the PlayStation 4. These are two of the seven (Kandagawa Jet Girls is still on its way from the US) I ordered over the past couple of days.

So let's start of with Dragon's Crown Pro, because this is the 7th addition to the haul that I referenced. Because I own the US PS3 version, I held off on owning this remaster for a long while. I also held off on buying it because I don't want steelcases in my collection since they have no spines (and thus no title to display). Dragon's Crown Pro started off as a Battle Hardened Steelcase release before eventually getting a standard edition, but availability for the standard edition was as niche as the Yakuza 6 standard edition so it was much harder to find especially at a lower price. Because the game came out in 2018 I decided to secure a copy of the standard sooner than later, and I found an eBay seller who had one available that wasn't a Battle Hardened set. It wasn't cheap but doable enough, though the disc holding part of the PS4 case arrived broken so I had to swap it with another.

Langrisser I & II came out just before the whole global situation occured and is still very expensive to acquire. Basically since March 2020, the game has yet to go down in price and I am convinced that it never will be because of NIS America. I found my copy by ordering it directly from their store because they have stock available for £24.99 + VAT, which is about £29.99, + £2 shipping, but because I have a £5 discount code I spent £26 instead. Considering this game is essentially two remakes in one package the price was fine by me.

UQrsmheh.jpg

d65jk5Rh.jpg

CeOaYFAh.jpg

v42asP3h.jpg

mLDkXDIh.jpg

pkRPJPsh.jpg

2Nki9Jkh.jpg

Has anyone purchased the 2 Collector's Editions of the original series of Fullmetal Alchemist and could share some pics please? Very tempted by these sets. Thanks.

Patlabor set 3 (P2).jpg
If you want Kenji Kawai's superb soundtrack to Patlabor 2, your current options are all or nothing. The individual soundtrack releases all seem to be out of print, but fortunately there's this exhaustive (and expensive) 4-disc set that includes everything related to the second Patlabor movie, plus more besides.

It has no less than three different versions of the movie soundtrack: the 'pre-soundtrack' that includes early demo versions of some tracks with atmospheric sound effects over the top, the main P2 soundtrack that has the original movie score, and the 2002 Sound Renewal that has updated synths and choral sections recorded for the 5.1 mix of the movie. It also has promotional singles, a few versions of that Bay Bridge karaoke song, a Noa Izumi image album, and then the fourth disc and any spare minutes on the other three discs are crammed with previously unreleased cues from the TV series and the New Files OAV series, making for a solid five hours of music (albeit with a significant amount being different arrangements of the movie cues). Then there are two lengthy booklets: one reprinting illustrations from the booklets originally included with the component releases in this set, and the other with liner notes.

Spanish collectors edition of Record of Lodoss War. Never seen it before but it was a decent price. Has Japanese, original Spanish dub, new Spanish dub and Catalan. Oddly the subtitles are Spanish or Portuguese. Didnt realise it was gona be in such a big box but sure looks like a nice set.
16144437585114044313164137890707.jpg

16144438775308887221877741522921.jpg

16144440172502931901594876440873.jpg
1614444055478813752386711213861.jpg

16144440874756732501286715322383.jpg

flQZjh3h.jpg

Today's arrival is Kandagawa Jet Girls published by XSEED for the PlayStation 4.

I am bloody impressed by how fast Amazon handled this. So I ordered this last weekend and it shipped out last Tuesday, then the package reached the UK on Thursday followed by customs completing its process yesterday, and then it arrived today! They did use DPD but I didn't realise it would be this fast, now granted they did use those bubble mailer but because the set itself has a rigid cardboard wood-like thing to it it had barely any damage to it. Not to mention this only costed me £36, with free shipping and the VAT already included in the cost, that is insane.

Anyway back to the game, Kandagawa Jet Girls is a racing fanservice game with waifu girls from the creator of Senran Kagura. Now I like Senran Kagura and this game is toned down due to Sony stuff but the jiggle physics survived and the mini-games look like great fun. Anyway Marvelous Europe decided to release this digital only, while XSEED provided a rather nice launch edition which comes with a 60+ page artbook and OST. The game also has a manual, neat.

Because the set had a bunch of stuff included, I decided to provide an unboxing for it on my blog for those interested.

puCplv1h.jpg

Dq1EA2Wh.jpg

GfTvkIUh.jpg

oB3v8YLh.jpg

U7ZHR8Sh.jpg

3CR6KzVh.jpg

fDmWO5dh.jpg

hiXkGIch.jpg

QVqgDiKh.jpg

ptwr4YIh.jpg

ZHqxIosh.jpg

ZRUM9vmh.jpg

B6byUffh.jpg

flQZjh3h.jpg

Today's arrival is Kandagawa Jet Girls published by XSEED for the PlayStation 4.

I am bloody impressed by how fast Amazon handled this. So I ordered this last weekend and it shipped out last Tuesday, then the package reached the UK on Thursday followed by customs completing its process yesterday, and then it arrived today! They did use DPD but I didn't realise it would be this fast, now granted they did use those bubble mailer but because the set itself has a rigid cardboard wood-like thing to it it had barely any damage to it. Not to mention this only costed me £36, with free shipping and the VAT already included in the cost, that is insane.

Anyway back to the game, Kandagawa Jet Girls is a racing fanservice game with waifu girls from the creator of Senran Kagura. Now I like Senran Kagura and this game is toned down due to Sony stuff but the jiggle physics survived and the mini-games look like great fun. Anyway Marvelous Europe decided to release this digital only, while XSEED provided a rather nice launch edition which comes with a 60+ page artbook and OST. The game also has a manual, neat.

Because the set had a bunch of stuff included, I decided to provide an unboxing for it on my blog for those interested.

puCplv1h.jpg

Dq1EA2Wh.jpg

GfTvkIUh.jpg

oB3v8YLh.jpg

U7ZHR8Sh.jpg

3CR6KzVh.jpg

fDmWO5dh.jpg

hiXkGIch.jpg

QVqgDiKh.jpg

ptwr4YIh.jpg

ZHqxIosh.jpg

ZRUM9vmh.jpg

B6byUffh.jpg
Say no more. I'M SOLD 💸✅

£36 is pretty wild, nice find 👍 Been meaning to grab this set since release.

Back