What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

These arrived today.
P1030571_800.jpg

August Collection Update #2 - SEASON 1! THE FIRST CHAPTER IN THE SCORCHING SAGA! (J.M.Tatum voice)

image.jpg

It's a shame Funimation didn't bother doing this with the other S.A.V.E. sets this year as all they needed to do was make a slipcase and use the original stock.

Shakugan no Shana - Season 1: S.A.V.E. (Blu-ray/DVD)
Region: A | 1 (Tested & Confirmed as REGION LOCKED)

You can view the rest of the gallery here

Fabricated - thanks. Neo has a competition to win a copy atm so I've entered that as well as put it on my to buy list :)

Banzai - thanks for the review :) where did you purchase them from? I'm happy for used copies too if you think Ebay would be worth a gander?

Kurz - guess we best start upping our collection hehe.

It has almost been a month again, since my last acquisition:

Or in case people can't open pictures and visit this topic regardless:
> Welcome to the NHK (DVD)

Remember that story from last month wherein the DOTW took quite a while to arrive at my homebase? It happened again. XD
I reckon there being some workmen on holiday. Either way, I'm happy it arrived safe and sound.

PS: Yes, I am late with uploading a photo of my acquisition again. Deal with it. =P

-Danielle- said:
Banzai - thanks for the review :) where did you purchase them from? I'm happy for used copies too if you think Ebay would be worth a gander?
I got them from Wordery at £14.39 each, which was the best price I could find at the time. I think Book Depo was next best at about £15. They are print-on-demand books so you would have to wait about a week before dispatch.
As for preowned, the book encourages the reader to write answers in the book itself, so second hand copies might be full of someone's writing and doodles. I never really looked for second hand copies though so there might be some clean ones about, no idea about pricing. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on that front.
EDIT: I've just noticed the books have had several updates and revisions over the years, so getting a new copy might be a good idea just to ensure you get the most up to date version.

No worries Banzai, thanks for the info you were able to give :)

Emulsion, they look purdy! I also feel I need to see Kill La Kill now to know about their significance! :p :)

From Up1, ordered yesterday morning, here today. Great service

14721866227_aaae100a42_z.jpg

14721812118_0876c2076e_z.jpg

14908065182_a7d3b56fb1_z.jpg

AN because I freaking love these sets, here are Parts 1 and 2 together. These are fast becoming my favourite releases ever. If the Sailor Moon sets are this good then they will be amazing. I just hope Anime Limited don't go ahead and license this because then my AL collection will remain incomplete.

14908421565_5ea748f9b8_z.jpg

14908058232_4e2c9419a3_z.jpg

14905353241_c512842b56_z.jpg

Yeah the next is pink/green so i'm assuming set 4 will be green. My pictures don't do these sets justice, they're amazing and the show isn't half bad either ;)

Actually the pictures are great, I would like to add Ranma 1/2 in my collection but sadly I need to prioritise on other sets for OOP reasons.

Well, Amazon found some stock of Code Geass S1 after all. Sans slipcover though.
DBJdCJyl.jpg

Both the running time and the episode count on the spine are all wrong of course.
Jgomvgjl.jpg

Oh well, at least now I shall finally get round to watching this after all these years. Hopefully the video quality hasn't suffered too much from being crammed onto two discs, though my hopes aren't high.

Yeah I gotta admit that when I received my sets I nearly flipped thinking the reason it was cheaper than normal was because they'd split the season into two sets. Thankfully when I opened it I was proven wrong.

Back