What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I got The Ravages of Time vol 51 Limited Edition from yesasia yesterday.

IMG_20140814_023729_zpsd5964604.jpg

IMG_20140814_023712_zps60fdadfe.jpg

IMG_20140814_023656_zpscfc31efc.jpg

IMG_20140814_023631_zps2b1d484d.jpg

Been waitin on this package since the 25th July (when it apparently arrived at Heathrow in the UK). Started to think i'd never receive it. Posteie turns up today and apparently it have been sitting in my local sorting office since the 28th but I never got a missed delivery card! Christ knows what would've happened if I hadn't had to have the second item in this post re-delivered today:

(apologies for the wall of pics, if people do not appreciate them i'll remove but I just love how good this release looks)

14933641965_fd0146e820_z.jpg

14746977829_be02458f73_z.jpg

14910641886_5fc70e7d97_z.jpg

14747087350_c3901767c8_z.jpg

14747081577_e123bcc586_z.jpg

14933270842_6906581028_z.jpg

14933634895_0beceb8f82_z.jpg

Then item 2 (I already owned season 1 but managed to get season 2+box for £25)

14747090927_e7811e65e3_z.jpg

14747088587_4b3ccdeef4_z.jpg

August Collection Update #3 - Well done Amazon you damaged the artbox

image.jpg

The Shakugan no Shana Season 2 Parts arrived today but unfortunately the treatment for the artbox is just unacceptable. The worst part of the damage wasn't even protected by the wrap. Problem is I doubt I'll be able to get a replacement box (set is going OOP).

Shakugan no Shana Season 2 Part 1 & 2 (Blu-ray/DVD)
Regions: A | 1

Either way the Blu-ray cases were pretty much in excellent condition. I'm now iffy on whether I should get more artboxes from Amazon because of this (I now understand everyone's pain with the Exclusive Premium Bebop set on Amazon, let's hope Andrew announces an Ultimate Edition before I end up with that). I think I'll stick to UP1 for the artboxes and use Amazon for other stuff. As for Shinovi Versus the whole package should be protected by the box itself so I think that will be okay for order.

You can view the photos for them here - Shana Season 2 Part 1 and Season 2 Part 2.

So what's the plan now:
- Get one or two more anime sets then do the Collection Update (which I'm guessing at least two people are excited for).

Eugh I need From The New World in my life!

I still really want to buy the School Days game too but I need it to drop in price just a smidge as I owe out loads including £700 to my Mum for my radiators for the whole house =/

Mum came home with a copy of Captain America: The Winter Soldier that I asked her to pick up for me. After nine releases, you'd think Marvel would at least have two with matching spines, right?

Wrong.

Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are the closest they've got. I'm guessing the Paramount logo is only there due to a rights issue?

If only they had kept the blu-ray disc logo in the same space with Thor: The Dark World...

BvWDHbdCAAMy_Ej.jpg

These came yesterday. Akito the Exile i got from Madman Entertainment's site. I was expecting the silver card of doom but looking at the custom slip and what Madman wrote for it and the price i didn't get stung...thank you Madman.

0_zps64b2b971.jpg

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Thor and TIH were and are probably the best MCU films, but damn the UK cases are too damn thick!
I've never understood why UK blu-ray cases are thicker. Heck, even with Nintendo DS games, our cases were a lot thicker than the US and Japan's.

Congrats, Normanic, Vita is a such a sweet piece of hardware.

Joshawott said:
If only they had kept the blu-ray disc logo in the same space with Thor: The Dark World...
Heh, the more I look at that, the more I think it was deliberate.

Joshawott said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
Thor and TIH were and are probably the best MCU films, but damn the UK cases are too damn thick!
I've never understood why UK blu-ray cases are thicker. Heck, even with Nintendo DS games, our cases were a lot thicker than the US and Japan's.
Oh man! yeah the DS cases were incredibly thick, I just put all my DS games in a pencil case lol

When Clannad on BD arrived, I was literally stunned out how slim it was esp for a 3 disc set! Not only are the UK BD cases thick but there incredibly ****** too, some of them when I opened it then closed it wouldn't align properly and required me to physically align them if that makes any sense.

ilmaestro said:
That's a relatively specific description of the sexual references in the show for a sticker that's on the front of the box.
Except that sticker is printed onto the cover, which makes things worse. :lol:

Back