What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Banzai - can you please let me know if those Japanese from Zero prove to be good?

Britguy - thet ROD set looks gorgeous. Is the anime worth a watch?I had to reset my phone without realising I'd lose all my notes so I lost my "to buy" anime list :'( so I'm building up another now.

Kurz - I totally need the Garden of Words. Eugh!!!

@Danielle - I've never watched it before but i've always a)wanted to and b) wanted the set since AoA annoucned it, i'll probably get round to watching it in about a fortninght so i'll feeback my thoughts :)

Looking forward to watching this having read 4 volumes of the manga, about which I appreciate everything except the excessive fanservice and hyper-sexualised character designs (usually I'm all for these things, of course, but this story deserves better). Some logo pruning has been done \o/

clB7HI7l.jpg

lyEzuurl.jpg

VQqZwmWl.jpg

-Danielle- said:
Banzai - can you please let me know if those Japanese from Zero prove to be good?

Britguy - thet ROD set looks gorgeous. Is the anime worth a watch?I had to reset my phone without realising I'd lose all my notes so I lost my "to buy" anime list :'( so I'm building up another now.

Kurz - I totally need the Garden of Words. Eugh!!!
Haha you need to pick that up right now because it's the best anime film I've ever seen.

I think I will! I've not see anything else of his other than 5 centimetres per second although journey to agartha has been on my list for some time. Would you recommend his earlier stuff? Its the same with Mamoru Hosuda (sp) I've only see the girl who leapt through time so I'd like to see his other work!

fablunatic - whats the anime about please? looks like it could be good :)

-Danielle- said:
It's a far-future sci-fi horror story in which humankind is confined to a very small area and children can use magic. A group of those children venture outside, which is forbidden, and gradually learn the horrifying truth of what happened to the world. Certainly the manga is compelling, but the anime has more interesting and unique character designs and less gratuitous lesbian sex.

-Danielle- said:
So far so good. The way it teaches you japanese is very effective, and a lot of thought has clearly been put into it. It uses a progressive style of teaching, so you learn new words, hiragana and grammar in bitesize chunks and then it integrates that into the next lesson so you actively use the knowledge you just gained, whilst building on it. I learned more in a day than I did from three years of watching anime (not surprising I suppose :p ), and as someone who always struggles with stuff like this that's nigh on miraculous. Of course watching anime helps as I recognize some of the words and that speeds things up, and in turn I've already started noticing newly learned words being spoken in anime, so the lessons are clearly sticking. Needless to say I'm very impressed so far.

-Danielle- said:
I think I will! I've not see anything else of his other than 5 centimetres per second although journey to agartha has been on my list for some time. Would you recommend his earlier stuff? Its the same with Mamoru Hosuda (sp) I've only see the girl who leapt through time so I'd like to see his other work!

I'm in the same boat as you for the first thing but really Garden of Words is amazing. As for Mamoru Hosuda I can honestly recommend everything he has done as it was all brilliant.

britguy said:
Ath said:
Sad I missed this in the cinema, but I'm looking forward to finally watching this.

My steelbook came yesterday and Watched it with my mate last night. Barring one scene it was sooooo good.

Personally, I preferred the first, it was much tighter. Second one flitted about a bit much.

Random: My friend went to school with Gareth Evans, though he was in a lower year. Found out when I surprised him by telling him it was done by a Welshman.

ilmaestro said:
Yeah those Tylor sets are so nice, you were crazy to sell it! (Unless, I suppose, you kind of had to)

I think I sold it to pay for a (now ex) gfs Christmas present while jobless in about 2006 so totally not worth it lol

Back