What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

WMD

Stand User
Funimation logic they’ve done it loads of times
I've got a few of the ones with the extras box that doesnt fit when you have part 2 but at least you still have a box for that stuff. Here something just has to stay loose.

I’ve just about managed to get the book into the box with the Blu Ray case and the rest I’ve had to put elsewhere with all the other odds and sods that come with these Funi LEs nowadays.
I couldn't get the book in if the blu ray had its slip case on which was super annoying. Think I'm going to keep the book out for mine. Not sure where I'll store it get. Its so annoying.

Last edited:

Lambadelta

Cardcaptor
Does anyone know why they didnt make the box big enough to hold everything?
as others have stated. This is how FUNimation generally handle their LEs these days. It's to cut costs on making the boxes large enough to fit all the tat.

Girls wIth Guns

Pokémon Master
as others have stated. This is how FUNimation generally handle their LEs these days. It's to cut costs on making the boxes large enough to fit all the tat.
Yet another reason I just really hate Funimation so much... total incompetence on all fronts, and especially with their packaging. 😡

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
In today's episode of what did Grav receive this time around...

Another Isekai series has arrived with Wise Man's Grandchild, the limited edition UK version of Funimation's release. This is a weird one because for some reason Manga Entertainment decided to swap the contents around (the booklet is outside the box, the bookmarks/fabric poster/art cards are inside the box) though thankfully you can fit the booklet in the box. You can see more photos and specs on my blog.

Also arrived is the Akira Kurosawa Samurai Collection which includes the 3.5 hour epic Seven Samurai, Throne of Blood, The Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo and Sanjuro on Blu-ray. You can see more photos and specs on my blog.

farzam1999

Magical Girl
Is the US version of Hana-bi so much better compared to the UK release then?
The US release has a bit better PQ, better colors and more details compared to the UK release, the extras are a bit different, but I never watch those. I also opted to change it out, so it now matches Boiling Point and Violent Cop.

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
In today's episode of what did Grav receive this time around...

I ordered these two late but surprisingly they arrived today. I acquired the newest BFI releases for both Flavour of Green Tea Over Rice and Funeral Parade of Roses. I was not expecting them to be in this type of case (basically similar to Criterion and 88 Asia's branding) but I like it. I bought them sooner because the first pressing has a booklet and for Funeral Parade of Roses, the first 3000 units have a second Blu-ray disc.

More photos for the two sets here:

Reactions: WMD