What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

QZWx7tL.jpg

I hope that there won't be issue with my copy of Kwaidan. I preordered it just recently but as of now they still haven't shipped it (base) and it seems like it's sold out already. Glad to see it finally being released on blueray on europe. Such a visually stunning movie needs a proper release.

I had to send my copy back to Eureka as it arrived damaged so hopefully they will be able to issue a replacement. Lovely looking release though!

MIQPEjuh.jpg

Sammo Hung's Heart of Dragon featuring Jackie Chan has arrived from Amazon after a week delay due to COVID causing those who pre-ordered to wait a little longer.

JWRWPSzh.jpg

With that said, I now own Crime Story, Dragons Forever, Heart of Dragon, Miracles and The Protector with their first print editions so I am very happy about that. I am considering John Woo's Heroes Shed No Tears before it sells out. Going to have all five of these Jackie Chan sets with more photos and other stuff on my blog over the coming days/weeks.

Weird, my preorder from Amazon arrived on release day.
Yeah those who pre-ordered immediately or at least a while back got theirs on release days whereas those who ordered closer to release had to wait until today. Third Window's Tsukamoto collection is also held up by some Amazon issues.

I didn’t even know there was a problem, nevermind a replacement scheme. What’s the problem and how do I apply?

From KS comments: "Everything is great- PQ, packaging, extras, etc., though there is a minor glitch with the audio on Episode 5. The two 2.0 tracks are in mono; the 5.1 English track doesn't have any problem. Just a heads up."

There is no issue with the disc in the retail release, only with the disc sent out during the Kickstarter. I received my replacement disc a couple weeks ago, I just didn't bother to post it up.

There is no issue with the disc in the retail release, only with the disc sent out during the Kickstarter. I received my replacement disc a couple weeks ago, I just didn't bother to post it up.
What, wait. I also have the kickstarter set. Don't know anything about a replacement. But I also got the whole set in one go. Have those had the correct ones directly? (Given the retail versions of S1 were out by then.) Or did and @Hunter_Killer opt for single parts shippments? oo

That would be a question for Rightstuf Customer Service. I know they waited to the end to send out the international KS sets, but I don't know if they would have bothered to replace any of the first discs or not. Probably not, but still best to ask them, and get one on it's way if it needs replacing! Or, just pop disc 1 into your system and listen to episode 5 for yourself to see if yours is affected. Hunter_Killer, did you audibly check your original disc for mono audio?

Last edited:
I sent message 2-3 weeks ago to Rightstuf Customer Service, and they sent me replacement disc. Even if I'm from Poland, no problem with replacement (I didn't pay for a shipment).

But with you getting an international shipment all together at the end of the Kickstarter like Luna, I just thought you may be able to confirm whether your original disc was actually faulty or not, just to answer her question. I'm in the US, so I got mine as soon as the first disc was done and ready to ship.

Aye, would be cool if you could confirm if you also got it all in one go @Hunter_Killer
(Or, if you know if there is a way to distinguish between replacement and non-replacement disc)

I got everything in 3 packages:
1) 2 seasons and box
2) 3 season
3) art book

Distinguish?
You mean, how it looks like? Replacement disc has different color. In most probably they send from standard edition. Or you mean the problem? The problem is with mono in a whole episode. To be honest, if I didn't read about the problem, I probably wouldn't have noticed it, lol. This episode doesn't even have many moments where it can be heard better. Eg, you can hear that while Akari and others are running to the beaches around 5:40 or something.

Oh, better hear after that moment - sea waves.
Now I can hear it clearly throughout the episode, ha ha.

Damn, I am annoyed by this other disc color - it spoils the collection. I'm disappointed :/

Last edited:
Back