What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

João Gomes

Student Council President
15829245623613933559560110837807.jpg

And there's part 2 of the complete HxH collection. Damn, this is one of those cases where I never thought I would own the whole thing on blu ray (148 episodes, 18 discs), in such a nice looking edition. Would've preferred it in English, but French works too.

Feels good, maynes.

Reactions: WMD

Girls wIth Guns

Pokémon Master
I received a used US DVD digipak set of Speed Grapher in the mail yesterday from eBay. I had Speed Grapher in my Save For Later queue on Rightstuf's website about 6 years ago, intending to purchase the series, but when RS upgraded their website in June 2015, it wiped out all my items I had in the Save for Later queue, and then I just totally forgot about the series.

Azar

Stand User
I picked up some Junji Ito because I wanted to try it out, as you can see from the bookmark I have already started. Also my Monogatari import came, I unwrapped one because I wanted to see what materials an AoA set uses to justify the price, well anyway now I can see how it all ends :)

View attachment 12644
I hope for your sake you haven't thrown away Koyomimonogatari's belly band thing. The AoA fans will be outside your door with their pitchforks soon!

Vincentdante

Thousand Master
I hope for your sake you haven't thrown away Koyomimonogatari's belly band thing. The AoA fans will be outside your door with their pitchforks soon!
I still have it but.... why?

As far as I can see it only covers up the art and advertises what's on the disc.

Last edited:

Luna

Pokémon Master
I still have it but.... why?

As far as I can see it only covers up the art and advertises whats's on the disc.
Collector's completeness whatever issues. Also makes it look more fresh and new and thus has higher value.
I always keep mine, though sometimes I have them folded inside. (They do get damages quickly especially with books. Probably will do that with my JP xxxholic volumes, too, as not all of them in my bundle have them.
Kinda like the JP Obis though, they usually come with nice loglines.

Vincentdante

Thousand Master
Collector's completeness whatever issues. Also makes it look more fresh and new and thus has higher value.
I always keep mine, though sometimes I have them folded inside. (They do get damages quickly especially with books. Probably will do that with my JP xxxholic volumes, too, as not all of them in my bundle have them.
Kinda like the JP Obis though, they usually come with nice loglines.
Well I guess I can use it to keep my dirty fingerprints off the admittedly nice box until I get it back home and on my shelf. Yeah it certainly does not look like it was built to last though and my first thought was the disposable sticker you get on AL boxsets.

Girls wIth Guns

Pokémon Master
The obi is a Japanese thing, but yeah, for resale value if it is missing, good luck selling it. I usually just slit the shrink wrap like a door on the open side of the slipcase with a razor blade to get the contents out, leaving the shrink wrap on to protect the slipcase and obi. Or, even better, I put all of my anime that come in standard cases and/or slips, especially my Aniplex singles, in clear plastic box protectors like the ones used for steelbooks:

No, I'm not too crazy for an anime collector, am I...?? 🤫

Last edited: