What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Hunter_Killer

Dandy Guy, in Space
Angel Cop is cool OVA series.
It reminds me of cinema sensational '80s (just like Robocop or Commando). Too bad that's not a good BD remaster. Looks better than older DVD, but still... better than nothing.

Reactions: WMD

Captaaainuniverse

Time-Traveller
Yep, that's right I bought a manga.

Interspecies Reviewers volume 1 is the first of many in what I like to call the 'Man of Culture' haul, consisting of books that are fanservice focused, why you ask because you're getting one. Don't worry there are no hentai books involved because people would run away otherwise. The remaining titles from the first haul will arrive later next week as I decided to get them via Book Depository to save some money (I did have the option to use Amazon Prime but that would mean paying SRP levels).
From what I've heard the manga is more about the reviewing and the anime was supposed to be more about the uh... action...

I can see why though, if you're gonna animate it, you've gotta do something to keep the viewer's attention

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
From what I've heard the manga is more about the reviewing and the anime was supposed to be more about the uh... action...

I can see why though, if you're gonna animate it, you've gotta do something to keep the viewer's attention
Yeah, studio Passione decided to adapt the actual moments that happen off-page. Regardless Lambadelta recommended me the manga months before the anime aired so I was going to read it anyway.

ActionFaust

Stand User
20200221_091436.jpg
Girls Frontline: Ningyou no Uta
Not currently licensed but seeing as I'm familiar with the story and had a few points on CDJapan I ordered it anyway. Ling's art is a really good match for the setting and it makes a great transition to the manga format improving a lot of the early story.

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
In today's episode of 'oh god what did you pick up next'....

Every Saturday I go to town and see what there is in store. Honestly, I haven't bought much in the town outside of My Hero Academia a few weeks back which technically files under the Emergency Pickup mode. Last week I almost considered One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 at CeX for £12 but I decided to hold off, and today it actually went down in price to £10. I really enjoyed the Pirate Warrior games on PS3 and the reason why I didn't wait for the upcoming Pirate Warriors 4 title is that I'm not caught up with the manga yet (Pirate Warriors 3 covers up to Dressrosa which is the only arc I have yet to read).

Meanwhile, Third Window Films just released their first title in a long time (they had distribution problems in 2019). That title is The Legend of the Stardust Brothers (Hoshikuzu Kyôdai no Densetsu) from director Makoto Tezuka, also known as Macoto Tezka. The UK Blu-ray release is a limited edition version that offers a nice slipcover and the film's soundtrack CD. I bought it in HMV since both HMV and Amazon had the same price tag.

You can view more photos for The Legend of the Stardust Brothers below: