What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

So it's been a while since I last posted on the forum, well there's a reason for that - my laptop had a seizure with the graphics and essentially kept getting the Bright Blue Screen of Death saying something went wrong. Basically it lasted six years and it was time for me to get a new one. After freaking out for a while my new one arrived today - the HP OMEN.

DqhsaCUXQAEmGmV.jpg

This laptop comes with the following notes; Windows 10, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050i, 144 Hz Refresh Rate, 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD and it has a 15.6" screen size. You can get larger sizes and powerful versions of this laptop brand but I went for one that was suitable enough for me (my parents were helping me out since I told them well ahead of schedule that the laptop was bound to expire at any moment). As a result of this, my plans to get a bike for work has been pushed back but I'll be getting one next month.

In the meantime I also received three more anime sets for the collection, all from Anime Limited.

DqIlivfWoAEC3r7.jpg

The first is The Testament of Sister New Devil Season 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray which I decided to order from Zavvi because it was £5 cheaper than Anime Ltd's own special offer sale. Arrived pretty quick which was a nice change of pace.

DqNlQAZW4AEIPyD.jpg

The second is The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst Collector's Edition Blu-ray which I ordered from Shop AllTheAnime from their early bird sale. It literally arrived a day after I received the first season.

DqX9ADfXgAAWd2c.jpg

The third is Amanchu! Season 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray which was also ordered from Shop AllTheAnime and its early bird sale. It's a really nice set surprisingly.

All three sets are up on my WP blog throughout this past week in case you missed it! Currently I don't have any more anime on order but given recent events I may tweak my anime plans for a bit, but we'll see.
I too hope one day to get a new laptop, I got the original x360 spectre, the worst equipped one! I'm thinking if I can save up enough by the time I actually have some talent in art, I'd get one of the newest x360s as a portable and a drawing tablet (I already have a desktop) apparently they include a stylus with their latest models now and the stylus gets a little better all the time. I've also seen way too much of testament to ignore it, I may get s1 and s2
I so want this, but apparently it feels a little thin without getting anyone to join in

IMG_20181027_132541.jpg

Received my 20 euro persona 4 collection from Amazon FR. The only downside is that the box is in french, but I can live with that considering the price lol.

Picked up some stuff at MCM yesterday. Due to the limit per post, this post contains non-blurays.

IMG_6864.JPG
I picked up Viz's new FMA artbook, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as Yamcha.
IMG_6876.JPG
And got a free MHA tote from Viz.
IMG_6868.JPGIMG_6869.JPG
I picked up the Sound Euphonium clear files from AL.
IMG_6870.JPG
And the Liz and the Blue Bird clear file.
IMG_6874.JPG
I also picked up the two important Sound Euphonium acrylic stands.
IMG_6886.JPGIMG_6887.JPG
Picked up some Rice Digital things between a lucky bag and their 3 for £5 bins.
IMG_6888.JPG
And got some free Chunibyo Take On Me goodies from Manga UK. Really not sure why these aren't more popular.

And now, the one or two blu-rays I picked up at MCM yesterday.
IMG_6889.JPG
Code Geass Movie 1 and Fireworks from AL.
IMG_6879.JPG
Gundam Thunderbolt December Sky and March comes in Like a Lion Season 1 Part 2.
IMG_6880.JPG
I finally picked up Black Butler Season 3 CE, £20 Con pricing was great. And A Letter to Momo; £15 isn't as good as the £6 FOP P deal earlier this year, but it'll do. in
IMG_6881.JPGj
I grabbed Junjo Romantica as well from AL. Looking forward to trying this. Season 2 will have to wait.
IMG_6882.JPGmm
I picked up Fate UBW from MVM; I really need to watch Fate.
IMG_6883.JPG
I have Discotek's already, but I picked up Manga's 5CM Per Second bluray. I also finally grabbed Evangelion 3.33 since it was £6.
IMG_6885.JPG
And I caved and bought Index II and Railgun S from Manga. They're ****** DVD-sized combo packs, but they were only £20 each and I want to watch them and catch up.

Here's what I got in the Terror in Resonance Ultimate Edition raffle...

DSC_1759.JPG
Yay!

Slightly annoyed the Amazon delivery guy tried to force it through the letterbox BEFORE trying to knock on the door 😠 My early warning system of our gate opening failed 😞 This lead to some slight marks on the box. Second time a Amazon delivery guy has done something stupid. All others have been fine.

Picked up some stuff at MCM yesterday. Due to the limit per post, this post contains non-blurays.

View attachment 5431
I picked up Viz's new FMA artbook, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as Yamcha.
View attachment 5436
And got a free MHA tote from Viz.
View attachment 5432View attachment 5433
I picked up the Sound Euphonium clear files from AL.
View attachment 5434
And the Liz and the Blue Bird clear file.
View attachment 5435
I also picked up the two important Sound Euphonium acrylic stands.
View attachment 5437View attachment 5438
Picked up some Rice Digital things between a lucky bag and their 3 for £5 bins.
View attachment 5439
And got some free Chunibyo Take On Me goodies from Manga UK. Really not sure why these aren't more popular.
great haul in both posts! I can't help but notice though, that the yamcha manga is a little... thin. oh dear.

I went to check out the HMV in Meadowhall shopping centre and picked up Mandy which came out today exclusively at their store for Blu-ray (DVD is available at other retailers).

Along the way I decided to pick up some more films from the Asian Cinema catalogue since they were available under the 5 for £30 deal. There wasn't a huge range of Asian films under the deal which was annoying, but these films I picked up have been on my radar for a while.

Dqs48dhX0AAGoEu.jpg

The films chosen are the following:
  • Audition, 1999 Japanese film from director Takashi Miike. Released via Arrow Video.
  • I Saw the Devil, 2010 South Korean film from director Kim Jee-woon. Released via Optimum Releasing (Studio Canal).
  • Lady Vengeance, 2005 South Korean film from director Park Chan-wook. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Pulse, 2001 Japanese film from director Kiyoshi Kurosawa. Released via Arrow Video.
  • Thirst, 2009 South Korean film from director Park Chan-wook. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
So far this is my overall collection of Asian Cinema films for those curious. I would love to expand on this so I think I'll try and acquire more throughout November. I'll even consider importing some of the Funimation releases since I don't know if they'll get a UK release (As the Gods Will, I Am A Hero).
  • 13 Assassins, 2010 Japanese film from director Takashi Miike. Released via Artificial Eye.
  • Battle Royale, 2000 Japanese film from director Kinji Fukasaku. Released via Arrow Video.
  • Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji), 2014 Japanese film from directors Kentarō Ōtani and Keiichi Satō. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Blade of the Immortal, 2017 Japanese film from director Takashi Miike. Released via Arrow Video.
  • The Handmaiden, 2016 South Korean film from director Park Chan-wook. Released via Curzon Artificial Eye.
  • Hero, 2002 Chinese film from director Zhang Yimou.
  • The Host, 2006 South Korean film from director Bong Joon-ho. Released via Optimum Releasing (Studio Canal).
  • Ichi, 2008 Japanese film from director Fumihiko Sori. Released via Manga Ent.
  • Infernal Affairs, 2002 Hong Kong film from directors Andrew Lau and Alan Mak. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Infernal Affairs 2, 2003 Hong Kong film from directors Andrew Lau and Alan Mak. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Infernal Affairs 3, 2003 Hong Kong film from directors Andrew Lau and Alan Mak. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Oldboy, 2003 South Korean film from director Park Chan-wook. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Rurouni Kenshin, 2012 Japanese film from director Keishi Ōtomo. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Rurouni Kenshin 2: Kyoto Inferno, 2014 Japanese film from director Keishi Ōtomo. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Rurouni Kenshin 3: The Legend Ends, 2014 Japanese film from director Keishi Ōtomo. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Shin Godzilla, 2016 Japanese film from directors Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi. Released via Manga Ent.
  • Unforgiven (Yurusarezaru Mono), 2013 Japanese film from director Lee Sang-il. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Zatoichi, 2003 Japanese film from director Takeshi Kitano.
Feel free to recommend me any films from Japan, Korea, and China. I have watched The Story of Yonosuke back in 2014 so I would love to own that film also.

Back