What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I went to check out the HMV in Meadowhall shopping centre and picked up Mandy which came out today exclusively at their store for Blu-ray (DVD is available at other retailers).

Along the way I decided to pick up some more films from the Asian Cinema catalogue since they were available under the 5 for £30 deal. There wasn't a huge range of Asian films under the deal which was annoying, but these films I picked up have been on my radar for a while.

Dqs48dhX0AAGoEu.jpg

The films chosen are the following:
  • Audition, 1999 Japanese film from director Takashi Miike. Released via Arrow Video.
  • I Saw the Devil, 2010 South Korean film from director Kim Jee-woon. Released via Optimum Releasing (Studio Canal).
  • Lady Vengeance, 2005 South Korean film from director Park Chan-wook. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Pulse, 2001 Japanese film from director Kiyoshi Kurosawa. Released via Arrow Video.
  • Thirst, 2009 South Korean film from director Park Chan-wook. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
So far this is my overall collection of Asian Cinema films for those curious. I would love to expand on this so I think I'll try and acquire more throughout November. I'll even consider importing some of the Funimation releases since I don't know if they'll get a UK release (As the Gods Will, I Am A Hero).
  • 13 Assassins, 2010 Japanese film from director Takashi Miike. Released via Artificial Eye.
  • Battle Royale, 2000 Japanese film from director Kinji Fukasaku. Released via Arrow Video.
  • Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji), 2014 Japanese film from directors Kentarō Ōtani and Keiichi Satō. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Blade of the Immortal, 2017 Japanese film from director Takashi Miike. Released via Arrow Video.
  • The Handmaiden, 2016 South Korean film from director Park Chan-wook. Released via Curzon Artificial Eye.
  • Hero, 2002 Chinese film from director Zhang Yimou.
  • The Host, 2006 South Korean film from director Bong Joon-ho. Released via Optimum Releasing (Studio Canal).
  • Ichi, 2008 Japanese film from director Fumihiko Sori. Released via Manga Ent.
  • Infernal Affairs, 2002 Hong Kong film from directors Andrew Lau and Alan Mak. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Infernal Affairs 2, 2003 Hong Kong film from directors Andrew Lau and Alan Mak. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Infernal Affairs 3, 2003 Hong Kong film from directors Andrew Lau and Alan Mak. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Oldboy, 2003 South Korean film from director Park Chan-wook. Released via Palisades Tartan Video.
  • Rurouni Kenshin, 2012 Japanese film from director Keishi Ōtomo. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Rurouni Kenshin 2: Kyoto Inferno, 2014 Japanese film from director Keishi Ōtomo. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Rurouni Kenshin 3: The Legend Ends, 2014 Japanese film from director Keishi Ōtomo. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Shin Godzilla, 2016 Japanese film from directors Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi. Released via Manga Ent.
  • Unforgiven (Yurusarezaru Mono), 2013 Japanese film from director Lee Sang-il. Released via Warner Bros.
  • Zatoichi, 2003 Japanese film from director Takeshi Kitano.
Feel free to recommend me any films from Japan, Korea, and China. I have watched The Story of Yonosuke back in 2014 so I would love to own that film also.
Good luck with watching Audition.evil laugh.

Check out my Asian Cinema collection on my blu-ray.com account. Link under my user or direct link her, Asian Cinema starts on page 2. I got mostly HK/Chinese films, but also a few Japanese.
Feel free to ask any questions 😄
Can you recommend the Park-chan films? - I’ve been wanting to get them but kinda on the fence, if they’re anything for me or not.
Regarding the Park Chan-wook films, I've so far only seen Oldboy and The Handmaiden - both of which I highly recommend checking out as they are surprisingly excellent (The Handmaiden is also available on Amazon Prime video if you have that).

Check out my Asian Cinema collection on my blu-ray.com account. Link under my user or direct link her, Asian Cinema starts on page 2. I got mostly HK/Chinese films, but also a few Japanese.
Feel free to ask any questions 😄
Can you recommend the Park-chan films? - I’ve been wanting to get them but kinda on the fence, if they’re anything for me or not.
Reminded me that I still need to pick up the Project A box set from Eureka. Their Police Story one sold out fairly quickly.

Back