What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I actually am a big fan of RWBY - and the "unfunny" Volumes 4 and 5 are my favorite part of the entire series so far. It's only getting better as the series progresses. My mother is also a big fan of RWBY, as are three of my older friends I've shown the series to in my theater.

7rwby.jpg

rwbyjpv4d.jpg

Last edited:
I actually am a big fan of RWBY - and the "unfunny" Volumes 4 and 5 are my favorite part of the entire series so far. It's only getting better as the series progresses. My mother is also a big fan of RWBY, as are three of my older friends I've shown the series to in my theater.

7rwby.jpg

rwbyjpv4d.jpg

I couldn't get past season one, it was just the most paint by numbers, generic, bland and uninspired tripe I've ever seen. The animation sucks, the voice acting sucks, the story beats are trite, the characters are obnoxious and none of the jokes land at all. The only redeeming qualities are the action scenes and the music, and even then season one only had like two or three fights over the course of the whole season, so it wasn't even remotely worth sitting through. You do you and all, but how you couldn't even manage a single episode of Gurren Lagann yet sat through an entire season of RWBY and actually wanted to continue just boggles my mind.

BC6634DC-939B-4AD9-8A71-BBD57B68677A.jpeg
@Linkachu is visiting and bought me manga. Originally I only wanted Vampire Knight Memories, but because of 3 for 2 she told me to pick two more. Seemed like a good excuse to start the Tokyo Ghoul novels which I’ve not bothered with until now.

View attachment 4253
@Linkachu is visiting and bought me manga. Originally I only wanted Vampire Knight Memories, but because of 3 for 2 she told me to pick two more. Seemed like a good excuse to start the Tokyo Ghoul novels which I’ve not bothered with until now.
The TG light novels are solid additions to the franchise, and add a bit of depth to certain characters and generally flesh out the world a bit.

The TG light novels are solid additions to the franchise, and add a bit of depth to certain characters and generally flesh out the world a bit.

Sounds good to me! I tend to find that the side additions to the franchise tend to be better than the main series itself, and maybe once I run out I’ll start reading Re: rather than just watching the anime...

Sounds good to me! I tend to find that the side additions to the franchise tend to be better than the main series itself, and maybe once I run out I’ll start reading Re: rather than just watching the anime...
I personally wouldn't say they're better than the main story but are good additions to have, Ishida makes for a good novelist (or at least I'm pretty sure Shin Towada is his pen name.) reading Re is all good until you run out of volumes because Viz isn't releasing them quickly enough!

Since :re season 2 is going to try fitting about 100 chapters into 12 episodes you're better off reading. If S1 had trouble with 70 chapters then S2 is going to be a mess.

Since :re season 2 is going to try fitting about 100 chapters into 12 episodes you're better off reading. If S1 had trouble with 70 chapters then S2 is going to be a mess.
So basically get ready for another butchered addition to the TG franchise. Goodie. As I’m an anime only viewer I’m tempted to just drop it.

Actually it's like 121, I'm prepared for a glorious mess unless they turn around and say it's two cour.

So basically get ready for another butchered addition to the TG franchise. Goodie. As I’m an anime only viewer I’m tempted to just drop it.
I'm hoping that the sooner Studio Pierrot sh*t it out the sooner another studio can reboot it Hellsing Ultimate or FMAB style. Need to start from scratch and follow the damn manga properly.

Back