What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

sideways

Great Teacher
been wanting to get around to watching my bride is a mermaid for years and found the 2 dvd sets on ebay for £6.78, also Sherlock Hound is another series on my want to watch list and found the USA version on ebay cheap as well so can actually watch it in Japanese instead of that terrible release of manga's that was dub only

IMG_20180704_162905227.jpg

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen

Good to finally see an affordable way to get Vita memory space, even if it does require some hacking...

elaniel

Vampire Ninja
After selling this many years ago, I’m so happy to have it back in my collection. Brand new too.

Attachments

• 01029AD6-9EF8-4BFE-8D5F-0860EE629690.jpeg
    01029AD6-9EF8-4BFE-8D5F-0860EE629690.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
Received this Jormungand JP import today from ebay at £35, seemed like a bargain so thought i'd give it a go as apparently it's like Black Lagoon which i really like. With this and the Your Name 4K set i feel i've gone down the rabbit hole of JP imports now :oops:.

View attachment 4051

Is it English friendly out of interest? £35 is indeed quite the bargain, but if it doesn't have subs, it's an awfully pretty paperweight ;P

Girls wIth Guns

Death Scythe
Received this Jormungand JP import today from ebay at £35, seemed like a bargain so thought i'd give it a go as apparently it's like Black Lagoon which i really like. With this and the Your Name 4K set i feel i've gone down the rabbit hole of JP imports now :oops:.

Awesome snag there, Dragon, - I actually just ordered one of those from Amazon JP since I'm watching the series with three of my friends right now, it's arriving tomorrow. I think I like Jormungand more than Black Lagoon, even. I'm not so crazy about the JP set being dub-only, since I'm a strict subber, but I do use dubs when showing anime to friends - and at least the Funi sets have subtitles for my own use.

So Congrats on falling down the JP rabbit hole - You'll just need to keep on falling a bit further to catch up to some of the rest of us - I've got around 200 JP releases in my anime collection now... o_O

Last edited:

Girls wIth Guns

Death Scythe
Speaking of JP Imports, I received the first three of four volumes of Violet Evergarden from Amazon JP today, along with a Newtype Magazine for safer box packaging. These arrived in flawless condition. Unfortunately Volume #4 of VE shipped in a separate package, arriving on Monday without a magazine, which means in a dang bubble bag - so damage is almost guaranteed. :mad:

These sets are not English Friendly.

Additional photos: Outside of each set is an o-card slipcover with window cutout . Hinged box inside has a really nice-feeling matte finish.

Back View of Volumes

View of Box Spines

Slipcover and Box

Hinged Box Opened

Volume 1 Internals

Three Post Cards

10 Illustration Cards

Stiivun

Stand User
These are awesome, and i do wonder if the German sets which imitates the JP releases regarding packaging, will contain the same content.

[edit]forgot to mention what the German release actually mimics[/edit]

Last edited: