What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

DgecT6CXkAM0UpY.jpg

So I went to Leeds over the weekend and after talking with Irish Luke on Falcom games, he showed me an eBay listing for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana which is on my list of games to get. My plan was to bid at the last second and then out of nowhere the bid price went from £21 (+ £2.50 Postage) to £53 (+ £2.50 Postage) in the matter of 30 seconds. Bloody hell.

Turns out it's rarer than I thought. Sold out across every retailer and not even the US have it in stock. You're only chance is to go to your local store and buy it at full price (or get the game digitally or wait for the Nintendo Switch version), so I bought it used in GAME for £39.99 because NIS America can sod off for how they have treated this game.

Just to give a TL;DR on what NIS have done to the game here's a list:
  • They supposedly (i.e. never officially confirmed but heavily rumoured) won the bid against XSEED for promising a PC release at launch and support for French translation. This was a massive backfire.
  • The French translation is abysmal and even the French text on the back cover doesn't actually translate to what the game is about. As of this post they have yet to even re-translate the language.
  • The PC release got delayed numerous times until April 2018 (game was released in September 2017) and it is still released in poor condition. Modders were able to fix the problems in seconds, but it's still not perfect and many users have been unable to play it properly.
  • The English translation was also abysmal and it gathered enough attention that Japanese news sites were reporting on it. It received a re-translation in January 2018 and according to a couple die-hard Falcom fans across the net the game's second-half loses its quality in the re-translation (one of them described it as NISA running out of fuel to even bother).
  • The Nintendo Switch release is also a bit of a mess. They had to present multiple patch deadlines including offering Japanese audio support not at launch or even on the base cartridge. The game supposedly suffers from similar issues with dialog that plagued the other versions like Japanese kanji in the same dialogue as English text or the same sentence repeated twice.

Also:
I've already chosen Laxia as waifu for the game
tumblr_om0x0ngIZt1vxqr9no1_500.gif
Still stock available from GameStop Ireland for €49.99 plus shipping if anyone else is looking for this.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation 4/Games/63024/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana

Got these in today from Amazon.co.jp, in two separate shipments: Ancient Magus Bride Vol. 3 and Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Vol. 5 together with the Newtype 6/2018 magazine, and Made In Abyss Vols. 1 & 2 along with the Newtype 5/2017 magazine. The purpose of ordering an over-sized magazine with each order is to better guarantee that expensive Limited Edition sets are shrink-wrapped with the magazine to a cardboard "plank" glued to the bottom of a box, rather than risk them being shipped in just a bubble bag mailer. The magazines did the trick once again - all four sets arrived pristine, without a single nick or ding.

None of these releases are English-friendly.

mibambpack.jpg

mibambgroup.jpg

mibambsbyfront.jpg

mibambsbyback.jpg

Last edited:
Some manga. First up, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou from Japan:

oQiJLcc.jpg

Also, from eBay, was expecting to receive a volume of Kaoru Mori's A Bride's Story, instead received Anything and Something. Considering what I got is long OOP, very rare and significantly expensive normally (cheapest used listing I could find was ~£50), I'll let this one slide. ;)

HJLZIno.jpg

I've been meaning to pick this up for ages and the chat on the forum discord pushed me over the edge. I ended up buying it 2nd hand from eBay as after e3 there seems to have been a rush to buy it and it's price has went up quite a bit and stock seems low. The seller was asking for £30 but eBay had given me a £10 off £30 spend voucher so only paid £20 which is fair enough (It was like £18 new everywhere before e3 lol). Now to see if I can actually make it through these and the 2.8 collection before 3 comes out, I don't expect that I will...

B2acdQll.jpg

got these today! all nicely shrink wrapped and new too ^^ I'll have to see the opticians before reading through them...
View attachment 3933View attachment 3934
parental advisory? Daaaaaad!
funnily enough, when I checked amazon earlier it said "delivered to resident <my name>" they were reffering to my brother as me! I didn't know he was naota...
View attachment 3935

Oof, you're brave. Berserk has quite a few volumes that are OOP and thus hard to get hold of. I wish you luck on your collecting journey!

Back