What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Today I received my next Solaris Japan haul, except there's another unfortunate situation lol.

Db3Vq82X0AAEsw2.jpg

Basically I got notified ahead of schedule by them that apparently they accidently sent me the wrong item for one of the two games that I ordered but they didn't know which ones got misplaced. The game that got misplaced was Another Century's Episode R and in its place I received Capcom's remake of Strider for PS3 (not a bad choice mind you).

Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories arrived without issue so that helps. As it's the weekend I will have to wait until Monday to see what happens next. They said that they'll ship out A.C.E.R. in the next order (or if I decide not to buy another then they'll ship it out on its own).

Let's talk about Strider for a second. This remake has gotten pretty positive reviews and it's also the only physical version available for the game. However my issue is specifically because it eventually got released on PlayStation 4 with an improved resolution & frame-rate, effectively making the PS3 version useless. The PS3 version did have some benefits in the form of Strider 1 & 2, however I double checked through unboxings and they are download codes that expired back in 2016 so that's pretty useless as well.

View attachment 3420
First non Samsung phone in 15 years and I'm quite impressed
Traitor! Those Chinese fellas working overtime in the Samsung factories are disappointed in you. It brightened their day to know that you, specifically you, were buying a Samsung phone. Now, when they turn up to work, they spend the first 5 minutes of the day sobbing, feeling betrayed. I guess it's on me to save up for an s9

Heard mighty good things about this company recently supposed to compete with the s9
If your not bothered about brand name s the P20 offers just as much as the S9 and iphone. The P20 pro is the most powerful phone on the market at the moment but it was a bit too pricey for me so I went with the P20.

tCXRpan.jpg

Used to have the 16 volumes for this series but I sold them way back in 2011 or so. At the time I was of the mind that I would never likely watch a 50 episode 80's Mecha series with no Dub. O' ye, of little faith my younger self. I'd always regretted selling the 16 vols or at the very least not replacing them with the sets in this picture. I've been trying to get these compact sets for well over 2 years but Stage 4 was always out of reach and in the meantime the other sets began to go up in price as less of them became available. But a few weeks back I was able to get an okay deal for Stage 4, still more than I would of liked to have paid but not by too much. Followed that up by getting the first 3 Stages off of Amazon UK of all places.

Now to just count down the days to a Discotek rescue, I mean classic Sunrise Mecha series are in vogue right now among the US Anime companies so I doubt this will remain OOP forever but on the off chance it does I just couldn't not go down this path once the greatest hurdle (Stage 4) could be crossed.

I'll try to share pics in here more often I think.

I was tempted to buy this on DVD or HD SVOD, but I decided to wait until I could have my pretty shiny thing, which arrived today:
DcBUo8qXkAAkFKO.jpg

Most Pokémon movies admittedly suck, but this one didn't. Can't wait to rewatch!

I personally prefer the white JP model.

I have 2 of the things, and they are great. It's annoying that they technically aren't region free though.

I personally prefer the white JP model.

I have 2 of the things, and they are great. It's annoying that they technically aren't region free though.
Yeah there's a few games locked out for some reason, and a few FF games only available on the US PSN store, which I have an account on anyway so I'll need to work my way around it eventually, for now I'll be playing Persona 4 so that'll take a chunk of my time

Yeah there's a few games locked out for some reason, and a few FF games only available on the US PSN store, which I have an account on anyway so I'll need to work my way around it eventually, for now I'll be playing Persona 4 so that'll take a chunk of my time

The Playstation TVs have something called the compatibility list since not all games are compatible. This list though doesn't include games that are compatible, but from different regions.

That is why its not technically region free. The hardware itself is, but this list screws it up.

The Playstation TVs have something called the compatibility list since not all games are compatible. This list though doesn't include games that are compatible, but from different regions.

That is why its not technically region free. The hardware itself is, but this list screws it up.
Yeah there's a few useful websites for this.

Back