What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

20171115_175237.jpg Had this really nice 1/35 scale Scopedog model kit from Armoured Trooper Votoms delivered today. I had to pay £14 ransom to free it from the clutches of customs. Now I just need to find time to build it.

Last edited:
7SEdP6k.jpg

W2XdsLF.jpg

37555411135_180db11109_b.jpg

Got these over the last couple of days. Baby Driver is my first 4K Blu Ray and honestly, I'm not sold on 4K. It looks great, but I'm not sure the difference vs standard blu ray justifies the jump in price. I do only have a 43 inch TV, and not one with HDR, so perhaps when I one day get a bigger TV with HDR, I'll be able to tell. REC was an impulse buy whilst I was in HMV today, I love zombie movies (well, REC is infected if you're being pedantic) and the REC movies have been on my radar for a while, so when I saw you could get the first three for £5, I jumped on it. I'd have liked it on BD, but at that price, DVD shall suffice, I can always upgrade later if I like them.

37555411135_180db11109_b.jpg

Got these over the last couple of days. Baby Driver is my first 4K Blu Ray and honestly, I'm not sold on 4K. It looks great, but I'm not sure the difference vs standard blu ray justifies the jump in price. I do only have a 43 inch TV, and not one with HDR, so perhaps when I one day get a bigger TV with HDR, I'll be able to tell. REC was an impulse buy whilst I was in HMV today, I love zombie movies (well, REC is infected if you're being pedantic) and the REC movies have been on my radar for a while, so when I saw you could get the first three for £5, I jumped on it. I'd have liked it on BD, but at that price, DVD shall suffice, I can always upgrade later if I like them.

Ooo, REC is one of my favorite horrors, hope you enjoy! :D

cauuVb3.jpg

Made a trip to HMV today and grabbed some stuff. Spent a good 15 Minutes or so deciding on which version of ITCOTW to get, ended up going down the 2 for £25 route getting Wonder Woman as well rather than just getting the Limited Edition release. Knocked £10 off as well by redeeming some Purehmv Points!

Picked up a few more GKids Studio Ghibli Blu-rays for cheap - Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, and Ponyo - all insanely quadruple-dips for me, lol. Also got the third Project Itoh movie, Genocidal Organ, but I'm really waiting for the UK Steelcase to go with the other two I already have.

gkidhtp.jpg

itohgo.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a few more GKids Studio Ghibli Blu-rays for cheap - Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, and Ponyo - all insanely quadruple-dips for me, lol. Also got the third Project Itoh movie, Genocidal Organ, but I'm really waiting for the UK Steelcase to go with the other two I already have.

gkidhtp.jpg

itohgo.jpg

The irony of GKids using the early Totoro poster (i.e the one before the character models changed...)

Couple of things today.

First up, the JPN Ghost in the Shell 2.0 BD Box. Snagged off eBay for a really nice price. Funny that the seller listed it as New and "still sealed" in the listing, when it very clearly isn't. The poly bag has a decent amount of wear from use on it (and clearly been opened multiple times, this much itself was easily evident from the listing photo), and only the bonus disk in the box was still sealed. Still pretty happy with it.

xD2QELN.jpg

I also bought a used LE copy of Chaos;Head. Been playing the sequel, Chaos;Child, which I'm enjoying, and I will likely be playing the game this terrible anime is based on at some point as well.

Z8bwum2.jpg

tfw people receive their zoom orders before you :(
Mine was apparently "sent to warehouse" on the 12th. No updates since then.

And that's a lotta likes just for a pic of some BDs. I guess I chose wisely? I haven't seen any of those yet, but they sure do have a lot of stars on the covers (and two Mark Kermode recommendations, who while he can be unduly harsh on some things I really like, I know if he really likes something it's very likely to be good. He's the BBC's @fabio de lunatico.

Last edited:
Back